Your Current Club Battle

Oban Kiyoshi white vs Hzrdus black in my xr16 driver and 3 hybrid vs heavenwood.

Right now it's XR16 vs Nike Vapor Fly pro for making the bag. I know what XR16 can do but this Sunday I'll find out if Nike VFP can answer the call. I have a feeling it will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right now it's XR16 vs Nike Vapor Fly pro for making the bag. I know what XR16 can do but this Sunday I'll find out if Nike VFP can answer the call. I have a feeling it will.

Go XR Pro, bro. Trust me. Go XR Pro. I didnt hear from anyone who didnt like it today.

Go XR Pro, bro. Trust me. Go XR Pro. I didnt hear from anyone who didnt like it today.

I tried it recently and I don't generate enough spin. My launch is between 11-16* with average spin close to 2200-2500. For 99 SS, ball isn't going anywhere.

Driver. Have several from yesterday that are in contention for a spot in the bag.

I tried my Almost Belly putter vs my SeeMore and I'm staying with the SeeMore. I sent it off to SeeMore and they added an inch and counter weighted it for me. I like it!!!!
Monday is my fitting at Nakashima in Palm Springs to determine the driver that stays in the bag. I really like the Nike Vapor Flex 440, so we'll see! Two more days! Whichever wins goes into play for the first time at the Stadium Course at La Quinta... No pressure!

ive got a real problem here.

Ive been struggling to hit my 5 iron consistently, so I found and purchased a used D-200 5 Hybrid. The club is just insanely easy to hit and crazy long for me. Its longer and more consistent than my cobra baffler 4 hy. There is no way this club is leaving my bag, but that leaves me with a pretty big yardage gap between my 5 hy and my 6 iron.

Not sure what to do here. I could remove my 3 Hybrid and put my 5 iron back in the bag. Ive also considered switching my wedges from 52/56/60 to 54/58, which would open up a spot.

still thinking about what to do...

Your Current Club Battle

My AP2 4-iron vs an AP1 4 iron, vs a driving iron. I feel like a bit extra help would be useful.

Your Current Club Battle

I played Torrey Pines (South) with rentals yesterday and loved the Volkey SM6 wedges, my current gamer wedges (MD2) are on notice. I'm going to compare the MD3 to the SM6 and see what I want to do with those two spots.

Dax

Driver is one of last spots in the bag to be updated and finish getting bag set for the year

Well what is leading the way after the past two days?

Cure vs Seemore is a perpetual battle in my bag.

915d2 vs Gbb. Love my Titleist but the club head weight of the GBB is so good.

I'm going to have a battle of the 3 woods. I currently have a Cobra LTD in the bag which is a fairway finder off the tee, but I struggle elevating the ball with. I just picked up a Bridgestone JGR 3 wood to give a whirl. If I elevate that like I do the JGR driver it might be the perfect solution.

For me its the Ping 7 Wood (The Gentleman's Persuader) versus the Miura 3 iron (Moped (its ugly but it gets me there))

After yesterday's round my driver battle I believe has ended. Looking like GBB for me. I just live high on the face too much to not utilize the forgiveness the GBB gives you there.

I have 4 wedges (58, 54, 50 and PW AP2) and 9i - 3i in my AP2s. I also have a Driver, 3 wood, and 2iron. That leaves me with 15 clubs if you include my putter. I constantly struggle with what club I should pull out. I have on many occasions taken out my Driver if the course isn't very long. Sometimes I take out my 3 iron, but if it's windy I take out my 4 iron instead. I rarely ever pull the 2i because I have a big distance gap between my 3 wood and 3 iron then. It's always what I'm feeling for the day which changes a lot.

2016 Scotty Cameron Newport and Cure RX3F. Also Wilson V4 vs Wilson F5.

The top of my bag battle has finally been settled but the putters are still battling it out. The putter grip has been decided, but still not sure about which flatstick.

On going battle between the M2 and the XR16. Both have their strong points and misses. The M2 is the longer of the two but the occasional heel miss can be trouble. That said, the miss on the heel still produces a straight ball that is running out to solid distances on our hard Texas fairways. The XR16 produces the most consistent ball flight but the occasional wide left miss kills me on my home course. I love it when hit well but that miss is like a gremlin in my brain.

The top of my bag is still a constant battle, but I just put my father in laws old 915D2 in and actually so decent performance, most of my issues are swing and mental related off the tee, but I think I may stick with it for a bit, but the other big dogs waiting in the wings, especially the Fly Z + are itching to get into the bag!

Strong statements by some competitors for my driver, FW, and putter... At the bottom-end, the Cure CX2 has been really solid, and I do not plan on taking it out of the bag, right now. (Consider that spot won). At the top end of my bag, was rolling with the XR16 Pro 4w, but just wasn't consistent; put the G30 3w in the bag, yesterday, and it was like I had an epiphany. Well struck shots all round. I won't call it an outright "win", yet, but it's really darn close to that. And the big stick? Struggled so much with the XR16 Pro on Saturday, and have had a hot-n-cold relationship with the LTD... Put the G30 LS Tec in the bag, yesterday... If the 3w was an epiphany, the LS Tec was that and then some. Best driving day for as long as I can remember. Going to give the LTD some more time, but it'll now be tough to beat-out the LS Tec.

Back