What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
42 - 41 at a course I have never played before. Three bad wedge shots and one lost ball. My driver is dialed in I was a beast off the tee today. It felt really good.

41-38 little bit messy with the driver today.

Had a 73 at my home course, Strathcona GC, in the second round of my district amateur championship with 2 lost balls. Hit a 3w from 245 well left into the trees on the 2nd hole, a 530yd par 5, and then stuffed my provisional to 2 ft. which I gladly tapped in for a par rather than even bother to look for the first one. Finished the front 9 with 2 birds and a bogey for a -1 35. Started the back 9 terribly going bogey par bogey triple bogey. The triple came when my drive came to rest on a rock embedded in the rough that I couldn't see. My wedge skipped off it and caused me to blade my 2nd shot over the green well into the trees. After that I threw down 3 birdies and 3 pars the rest of the way. Pretty much shot myself out of contention but still have an outside shot at a top 5 depending on how tomorrow goes.

Today's round was a blast. Me and three buddies from high school walked the course we grew up playing as kids. Such good
Stories and memories shared during the round. Went 37/41 78 but it was such a good time

Only played 9 at a local muni course...it was very wet and the approach shots were a little off...shot a 43 so not too bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Shot a 96 after a 12 on the back 9 of San Juan Oaks in Hollister CA. I don't like riding, but this is not a walking course an the heat and hills killed me. Plus according to the pro, they've just finished web.com tour qualifiers so the course is still in tournament conditions, which would explain the severe rough.

New personal best. 37/38 for a 75 on my home course. 72.9/136 rating @ 6700 yards. 31 putts. Good round.

42/41 for an 83 at Kiawah Island Osprey Point (Osprey tees 133/72.0/6502 yards). So-So round. Had 2 double bogeys and two 3-putts.

41/41 = 82
32 putts
I could not hit my G wedge today.
Going to replace it with the 50* MP-T4.

I had a good chuckle today. We had heavy rain most of the day today, but it let up around 4pm. My 10 yr. Old son and I decided to get a quick 9 in. The course was deserted except for a young couple on the third green. We finish 1, play 2 & get to the 3rd tee and they are just leaving the green, very intoxicated. ..

My son is totally oblivious to what is going on in front of us. The girl was so drunk, she was flashing her boyfriend from the cart...(I have a funny feeling there was other "stuff" going on)

I was dumbfounded. Instead of following these 2, we went in and hit some balls on the range. I did let our ranger know, but he was the only person still there.

Well, they had a little trouble a short while later. They came walking up to the clubhouse with no cart...soaking wet

Turns out the got too close to our pond and forgot to set the brake. They both got out and when they got back in, splashed right in sideways....

Oh, I was even through 3, my 10 yr old was plus 4 from the regular tees.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

New personal best. 37/38 for a 75 on my home course. 72.9/136 rating @ 6700 yards. 31 putts. Good round.

Congrats! I also had a PB today. 40/38 for a 78.

35/44 for a 79. Only the second time I've had a under par nine. Kind of came apart on the back nine. Four 3 putts and 1 penalty stroke. Should have been close to a personal best, but at least i tied my personal best for this course.

9113MirrorLake-Mountaincourse_zpsb50a4723.jpg

Played the local junior par-3 in 4 over.

Had a good round today 41/43 84. 10/18 GIR but 40 damn putts...........

Frustrating round today. The greens were in bad shape and inconsistent and I struggled. I was also drawing my irons way too much today. Ended up shooting an 85. Had 21 putts on the front 9. Putted better on the back and even had 2 birdies but also had a couple of blowup holes where I lost a ball. Had a 10 foot eagle putt, which I missed.

Last night I played my best 9 hole round at the home course - 5 over par!
Btw, also had one of those "memorable shots".... Birdied a difficult par 5 by sinking it in the cup from a wedge shot out of a bunker!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Last edited:
Congrats on the PB!
Had a good round today 41/43 84. 10/18 GIR but 40 damn putts...........

We had almost the same game this weekend, mine was 87 with 42 putts! How do we putt so many times??

77 with 24 putts. Missed almost every green out there and only made one birdie. First three holes were rough (+4) But the weather and company was perfect! :)
Much better than yesterday when the fog was so thick we couldn't see a green for our second shot until the 11th hole....Heck, off the first tee we waited thinking a guy was out in the middle of the fairway...Turns out it was a couple trees sticking up that looked like a guy and a push cart....Whoops! :)

77 with 24 putts. Missed almost every green out there and only made one birdie. First three holes were rough (+4) But the weather and company was perfect! :)
Much better than yesterday when the fog was so thick we couldn't see a green for our second shot until the 11th hole....Heck, off the first tee we waited thinking a guy was out in the middle of the fairway...Turns out it was a couple trees sticking up that looked like a guy and a push cart....Whoops! :)

24 putts? That shoulda been 60s :D

Shot an 89. (46/43)
First time I'd ever played that course too.

Didn't play the par 5's well, got in some trouble off the tee and then got overly aggressive but had 7 pars today and I think that's a record for me.

Hit some great putts and even hit the flag stick on a par 3 (ended up about 8 feet away).

I'm excited with a lot of things from todays round.

I'm so mad I could smoke nails if I could light them. I was 3 over through 6 (par 35) well on my way to shoot in the 30s and break my goal and my personal best of 42. On the 7th hole I hit 2 duck hooks in the water and then hit my 5th OB. I took the double par. 8th hole is all in the woods and three putt took a 6. Last hole par three hit it in the water and then topped my wedge. I took the ball got my 8 iron and hit it in the water to cure my anger. Needless to say I could be a professional Sergio Garcia imitator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back