SeeMore Counter-Balanced Putter Preview

This is my main issue right now so I am glad to hear the counter balance has helped.

Erik, you're going to really​ like it. I firmly believe that.

This is my main issue right now so I am glad to hear the counter balance has helped.

Honestly, I'm kind of in awe of it right now. Something seemingly so simple really does make a difference.

Did you get through it in one piece?

Yes sir. Lots of good information for those in the know and those that might not have much knowledge on the subject. Good stuff!

Honestly, I'm kind of in awe of it right now. Something seemingly so simple really does make a difference.

This is what I continually come back to, it makes me feel pretty "slow" given that it has existed for a very long time and I'm just now experiencing it. I truly do believe in it, no bunk, no BS, no ulterior motives, I just really believe in what I have seen on the course...enough to send in 3 of my babies to have it done to them.

This is what I continually come back to, it makes me feel pretty "slow" given that it has existed for a very long time and I'm just now experiencing it. I truly do believe in it, no bunk, no BS, no ulterior motives, I just really believe in what I have seen on the course...enough to send in 3 of my babies to have it done to them.

Yep. I've pretty well decided the PCB Belly will get the same treatment. The only question is whether I do it now or wait for the ban to go into effect.

Good news (I am pretty sure) that the PCB belly could be a self mod to CB. This is due to the fact the head weight is the same between both. Meaning you could order the grip from SeeMore and cut the shaft down and install the grip to get the same weighting. Worth the call to SeeMore to see if that is correct--would save a few bucks on conversion.

My biggest win with this balance is that I still release the club head on short putts--With short shaft I am always trying to push/guide the putt and 3 putt way too much.

Jman,

With the CB putters, did you feel like you had the same sense of "lightness" or touch as before? I'm having trouble coming up with the right words, but when I was doing the thumbs off putting drill, I really felt like the club was an an extension of my hands, and I had such a feeling of the putter face opening/closing without any manipulation. I kept this feeling during the round.

I assume the answer is "Yes" if you already modified your collection! But you don't feel like you're trading in some feel for more stability, do you?

Jman,

With the CB putters, did you feel like you had the same sense of "lightness" or touch as before? I'm having trouble coming up with the right words, but when I was doing the thumbs off putting drill, I really felt like the club was an an extension of my hands, and I had such a feeling of the putter face opening/closing without any manipulation. I kept this feeling during the round.

I assume the answer is "Yes" if you already modified your collection! But you don't feel like you're trading in some feel for more stability, do you?

To me, the added stability IS added feel through the stroke. Better balance means a more effortless flow throughout the entire stroke. At least that's my take on what I'm seeing.

I am so anxious to get the chance to try this out for myself.

To me, the added stability IS added feel through the stroke. Better balance means a more effortless flow throughout the entire stroke. At least that's my take on what I'm seeing.

Yeah, I expected something like that, or you wouldn't have changed. Can't wait to give 'em a try! Might be a while - putting it on my Christmas wish list & hopefully someone will have one to try at Pine Lakes on Oct 12!

Thanks again for the input & for letting everyone tag along with yer thoughts.

JMan obviously has way more experience with this, but here's how I am currently seeing the feel question. There's a deadness to the hands when you use the big muscles and let the weight of the club move. There is still feel but the feel is in the arc / length of the putter swing, not in any type of manipulation.

Ok I want to officially thank :seemore: and Jman for this review. Rolled out a lifetime best 73 in my Mens group tournament today. 6 birdies--also lifetime best. 29 putts. I did have two 3 putts, some of that just competition nerves--but the nice birds far made up for it today. This balance really just helps me get out of my own way and roll the rock. I was notorious for missing 3-5 feet and this is where the CB helps me release the putter head.

averaging in the low 30's putting count since the switch (~32 Putts per round) Although its only a few rounds now--it is a positive trend when I would be in the 37 range before.

Holy wow, way to go man!! Incredible round of golf right there.

29 putts is sweeeeeeeeet dude!

Cannot wait for the review to go up, I had a blast writing this one!

Interesting first round. It felt like an atrocious day with the flat stick because I couldn't make anything inside 10 feet - all missed right - and I had a ton of putts from off the fringe, which is not part of my repertoire and it didn't go well. But add it up and it was 34 putts with 1 3 putt that was just a brutal green. That is a touch below my average. Looking back, I was very good with distance control and had a bunch of kick ins. I don't think I put a single bad roll on the ball on the green, but have something technically wrong that was leading to The Rights. All in all, this is going to be very good.

Last edited:
Hey guys dumb question.....in an attempt to save money I wanted to build an FGP belly at 39" instead of a true Seemore CB putter. Reason is two fold first being obviously as I said the money but the second is I couldn't find the original FGP head in the CB option.....just the belly option. So my question(s) are would this build be comparable to to a CB and will I get any benefit from going with a 21" grip instead of the 18" grip or vise versa. Thanks in advance for all the help !!!

SeeMore Counter-Balanced Putter Preview

Hey guys dumb question.....in an attempt to save money I wanted to build an FGP belly at 39" instead of a true Seemore CB putter. Reason is two fold first being obviously as I said the money but the second is I couldn't find the original FGP head in the CB option.....just the belly option. So my question(s) are would this build be comparable to to a CB and will I get any benefit from going with a 21" grip instead of the 18" grip or vise versa. Thanks in advance for all the help !!!

It could be comparable, but basically comes down to a weighting/balance issue.

I would recommend you check the weight of your existing head. Needs to be between 375-390 IMO.

I would stay away from the 21" grip and lean towards the 17" or 18" as TOO MUCH weight in the grip will cause issues if head weight is not high enough.

All comes down to proper balancing.

If you have a true FGP belly head it is 370g, that woul counterbalance well with the 17in Winn belly grip. As cookie said the 21in would be toonmuch weight up top and feel for the head would be lost.

Has anyone tried to use a SuperStroke with lead tape under it to get to the ~130g grip weight?Getting my counterbalanced m1 in next week, but worried I will be missing my SuperStroke.

If you have a true FGP belly head it is 370g, that woul counterbalance well with the 17in Winn belly grip. As cookie said the 21in would be toonmuch weight up top and feel for the head would be lost.

I had the 18in orange seemore in mind. It weighs in at 133 grams

I am thinking about doing the CB to my M5w, but would really prefer to use an Iomic grip rather than the ones that are being used. The 17" Iomic belly grip only weighs 110 grams, 20 grams less than the Winn grips. So, since they add about 20 grams to the head weight when using the Winn grip, would not adding the extra head weight offset the lower weight of the grip? I am considering leaving the head weight alone, extended the club 2", and used the Iomic grip.

I am thinking about doing the CB to my M5w, but would really prefer to use an Iomic grip rather than the ones that are being used. The 17" Iomic belly grip only weighs 110 grams, 20 grams less than the Winn grips. So, since they add about 20 grams to the head weight when using the Winn grip, would not adding the extra head weight offset the lower weight of the grip? I am considering leaving the head weight alone, extended the club 2", and used the Iomic grip.

You could that or just add a 20g weight to the back of the Iomic

Awesome. Not that it matters but why is it so much cheaper to build a putter like this than to buy one labelled "counter balance" ?
not sure it is. Seemore does a conversion for 40 bucks if you own one. (10 shipping) any new model they can also build this way as well.
Considering the new shaft, new grip, and labor, it is very reasonable

Back