Golf Pride Niion Grips Review - Forum Testing

Winn DriTechs

I always thought the DriTechs were really soft. The Niions aren't nearly that soft. I would imagine however that the Niions will be more durable.

My buddy had DriTacs on his Irons yesterday that he was showing me, they did feel softer than the Niions, almost too soft in my opinion.

I always thought the DriTechs were really soft. The Niions aren't nearly that soft. I would imagine however that the Niions will be more durable.

Yes, they are really soft, but handle the humidity here in NC really well. I've been playing the Dritechs for over a year, so I've gotten really used to how they feel, which is why I said I didn't hate the Niions yet, but I didn't love them either. To be honest, there's really no thought involved when I grip the clubs, and that may be the beauty of the Niions. I don't even think about them at all.

Yes, they are really soft, but handle the humidity here in NC really well. I've been playing the Dritechs for over a year, so I've gotten really used to how they feel, which is why I said I didn't hate the Niions yet, but I didn't love them either. To be honest, there's really no thought involved when I grip the clubs, and that may be the beauty of the Niions. I don't even think about them at all.

This pretty much sums up the testing for me so far, if I'm not consciously thinking about the grip, I don't notice it's there. Which I can't say about other grips, including stock grips.

Played 9 today in 80* dry conditions, really a perfect afternoon for golf. My play, itself, was less than stellar. However, this had absolutely ZERO to do with these fantastic grips, and more with my inability to swing an iron club face back to square at impact. I digress, the Niion grips have given me an almost false sense of security in my game that I can just "grip it and rip it" as I have yet to experience the Niion grip fail in any way. They are comfortable and responsive in all situations to date that I have put them in. I am going to have an extended range session tomorrow and put these through some serious pace.

More to come...

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

I'll be very interested to hear your thoughts on this. Humidity seems to give me issues with these grips. Most of my buddies that have them think I'm crazy but they just don't seem tacky enough.

My two wedges that have the Niions on them gave me problems today in the humidity. I had a few times where my left hand slipped on the club on full wedge shots. As much as I like the color options, it's looking like I'm going to have to go back to the boring old grey dritecs. It's just too humid here in NC.

These aren't released yet to purchase but I WANT them!

Grey%20Niions-M.jpg

I tweet Golf Pride every once in a while because those Grey ones are AWESOME!

Oh man, so much awesomeness in that picture. I want those gray, like now.

Well I had to wait until the last day of August to play these grips in high humidity. I'm talking sweat thru your glove humidity...

I did not have an issue with slippage today at all. The grips are still performing as expected and satisfactory, I am able to loosen my grip on my driver and not worry about losing control. I actually had one guy in my group complaining about his grip today, especially on his R1 with stock grip. He had it turn in his hands a couple times today. Luckily I did not have that problem.

Feedback is still great. Typically the feedback and the results matched to a tee and really bad shots do not destroy your hands. I hit a poor, poor LW today and still had the use of my hands afterwards.

The grips still look great (clean) but some rubbing is starting to show from the lack of space in my Hoofer bag.

In all honesty, I feel like I would be satisfied with these if I had dropped my own money on them. There is no "eh, they were free" compromising so far.

I also played in some super high humidity yesterday. My hands got sweaty. As the sweat dried, my hands got sticky. But they never stuck to the grip and the grips never slipped or spun. So I had that going for me.

For those of you playing in humidity do you have any experience with the GP Multicompound or VDR? Curious to hear your comparisons with these other grips in terms of how they perform in the humidity.

For those of you playing in humidity do you have any experience with the GP Multicompound or VDR? Curious to hear your comparisons with these other grips in terms of how they perform in the humidity.

For me the Niion's blow the VDR's away by so much it isn't even funny, and I absolutely loved the VDR's for a long long time. Soooooooo much better in humidity and rain than the VDR's were for me.

For me the Niion's blow the VDR's away by so much it isn't even funny, and I absolutely loved the VDR's for a long long time. Soooooooo much better in humidity and rain than the VDR's were for me.

I agree with this, the final VDRs are making their way out of my bag this week. The Niions are just too good.

No experience with the MC's (never liked them in store) but had the VDR's for a while.

I agree with this, the final VDRs are making their way out of my bag this week. The Niions are just too good.

I agree with Jman and niteowl 110%. the Niions are just better than the VDR's period.

great reviews guys, how are these holding up in terms of wear? anyone noticing wear wear their thumbs are on the grip?

I've got a lot of experience with the NDMC's and I'd have to say that they perform pretty equally in high humidity. I think I'd might give the edge to the NDMC's, but I don't know that I will ever want to give up the soft feeling of the Niions for such a small performance gain in one specific type of weather.

great reviews guys, how are these holding up in terms of wear? anyone noticing wear wear their thumbs are on the grip?

So far all my grips look and feel like new. I have had to clean them once, and they cleaned up back to looking like new.

So far all my grips look and feel like new. I have had to clean them once, and they cleaned up back to looking like new.

I have experienced basically the same, less a few scuffs caused from my cramped bag. Definitely not any "normal" wear yet.

I've played with NDMC's in the past and remember the moisture management being similar in that with both, my hands felt dry but have two very different ways of going about it. With the NMDC's, I felt as if someone took medical tape (the cloth kind) and wrapped it around the shaft creating raised surfaces similar to what we used to do when we taped up whiffle ball bats as kids. the Niion's are much softer and provide a more pleasant and comfortable feel under hand (in any condition). I'll have these out again on Thurs and will have more to report.

I'm still a pretty big fan of these grips. I like that they hold up really well on full swings and are still very sensitive on short shots. I do like that there is a ghost logo on the underside of the grip. But there is no alignment loop. Makes me wonder what the purpose of that loop really is. Is it for alignment? is i for texture? Is it just cosmetic. Not a problem if it is.

7a3u7aha.jpg

Had a lesson in the rain yesterday that involved me taking 40 or 50 hacks with my driver sporting the orange Niion grip. Even though my hands and even my gloves got very wet, no trace of slipping or sliding at all. I was very impressed with the texture and tackiness of this grip. Heading up to the Golfsmith next weekend and I'll probably put Niions on several more clubs, specifically my fairway woods and wedges. My irons have brand new grips on them, hard to justify replacing them this year.

I just got a new driver shaft so I needed a new grip and decided on the Niion.

I've just hit it on the range once so far but I'm really liking the grip. Feel is very similar to the Superstrokes that I really like and have on a number of my clubs so I think I'll be happy with the Niions

About the only thing that I don't like about these grips, is that I can not use my grip slipping as an excuse for a poor shot.

These grips just do their job and they do it comfortably in my hands.

About the only thing that I don't like about these grips, is that I can not use my grip slipping as an excuse for a poor shot.

These grips just do their job and they do it comfortably in my hands.

Truth in a nutshell.

I let a buddy of mine borrow my irons to test them out as he is looking to get new irons. He had about 8 dozen questions about the irons themselves, but said the grips were the best he'd ever layed his hands on. feedback was awesome and even without a glove on at the range he said they didn't slip once! Whatever he decides to get for the new irons, he is sold on the Niions being on them.

Back