solarwake

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey guys, I'm looking for advice on what courses are a must for the Pensacola Beach area. My family is taking a 5 day vacation down there and we are looking to play some fun/unique/challenging courses. We all started playing less then 2 years ago so no one has any experience with vacation golf. We are staying right next to Tiger Point so I think we will be playing there for sure but need at least one maybe two more courses to go play. Any advice would be great.

Thanks!
Andy

It's been a few years since I e been down in P-cola. But I remember playing Perdido Key which was pretty good. There was a course by the name of The Moores in Milton which hosted a senior tour event that was fun to play.

I live in Pensacola. Unfortunately the Moores is no longer in business. Tiger point is a fun and challenging course. You have hidden Creek in Navarre which is only about a 30 min drive. Don't overlook A. C. Read, it's on the Pensacola navy base. They have an 18 hole executive and 27 holes on the champion side. Great course and also museum. If you have any questions let me know.

I have family in that area, how far are you willing to drive? If you will drive a bit, there are some awesome RTJ courses you can get on.

No doubt, I played at magnolia Grove on Friday played both courses. The LPGA play the crossings every year. Great course and condition. I also played 36 at Craft Farms on sat. but now I'm bragging. ? Birthday get away!!!!

Bumping for solarwake, and I'm interested as well, since my daughter just moved there. I haven't played any courses there yet but, I have seen Lost Key GC and it looked good. Rates this time of year are $60 before noon and $50 after. Perdido Bay Club has rates of $29-$59 depending on when you play. Marcus Pointe GC is $38-$48 including cart depending on what time you play.

If anyone has any info on these, we'd appreciate some feedback. My wife wants to move there now! :)

Edit: I have played Hidden Creek several times in Navarre as Lockman recommended. It is a decent course and rates aren't too bad.

Scenic Hills - Nice course, not too difficult, don't know if it is still open, north part of P'cola.
I loved Hidden Creek!
Tiger Point is a good challenge - a great island green par 4 on the front.

Scenic Hills - Nice course, not too difficult, don't know if it is still open, north part of P'cola.
I loved Hidden Creek!
Tiger Point is a good challenge - a great island green par 4 on the front.

I think scenic Hills was badly damaged during the flooding earlier this year. I know they had closed holes and temp greens earlier this year, not sure how much it has recovered.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Any more advice would be great! I'll also update this tread when we've made tee times and then I'll try to review the courses we play when we get back.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Any more advice would be great! I'll also update this tread when we've made tee times and then I'll try to review the courses we play when we get back.

Awesome, I have family there and get up there every year so I'm always looking to, play, the reviews will be great.

I'm a member at scenic Hills and the flood in April really did some damage, all greens are open except 1. Marcus point is scheduled to close at the end of December. Lost key is also known as lost ball, you should just leave the driver in the car, extremely tight fairways with no margin for error. V. Mann would be nice to see you again. Stonebrook in Pace is pretty nice. Then you have Bubba, Boo and Heath's stomping ground in Milton at tangle wood. Also referred to tangle weeds not sure how so much talent came from that course.

Last edited:
Back