The "Best 9 holes" Thread

Had to be 15 years ago, but during one of our after work golf league rounds, at Quailbrook GC in Central NJ, I shot a 33 on the front 9, which was 3 under par. What I remember about the round was how effortless everything was. I'd shot even there a few times, but never under par. What also stood out was that I bogeyed the first hole, a dogleg par 5.

I scored a 36 on the back nine today, my best nine holes by two shots.

1 Birdie; 6 pars; 2 bogeys. Hit 5 of 6 fairways and had 17 putts.

Strangest thing about it is that I was irritated with the two guys (strangers to us and each other) who would never shut up. I would stand on every tee box and just look at them as they yakked and yakked until they would notice me looking at them. Every single hole.

And after my 10th hole birdie, even though they wanted me to hit first every hole to that point, one of them went to 11 tee and teed up after my birdie hole! (Only time my group of people ever worry about honors is when someone gets a birdie!)

Strangest thing about it is that I was irritated with the two guys (strangers to us and each other) who would never shut up. I would stand on every tee box and just look at them as they yakked and yakked until they would notice me looking at them. Every single hole.

And after my 10th hole birdie, even though they wanted me to hit first every hole to that point, one of them went to 11 tee and teed up after my birdie hole! (Only time my group of people ever worry about honors is when someone gets a birdie!)
Great 9 Smalls!

My best 9 hole was a 35 (E)... 1 eagle, 2 bogeys.

My best ever 9 was back in my college days. I came home for the summer, after my freshman year, and played with a couple friends that were on the h.s. team with me. Shot a 30(-5). I remember it was an afternoon round and we didn't have time to play the back.
Birdie, Par, Birdie, Par, Birdie, Par, Par, Birdie, Birdie.

shot 37 on 9. definitely my best 1/2 round ever...now just need to work on not shooting 11 over on the back

Great 9 holes, Smally!

Not my best, but I was plenty pleased with a 42 Saturday playing a course I've never seen with 3 other THP'ers. Can't say I hit the ball really well, just ok, but no blow up holes. My game kind of sucked on the back nine, I expected that though.

About 15 years ago I was playing in a tournament and shot a 37 on the front nine( at that time handi was 21). At the turn I had a hamburger and fries and a drink. Shot a 60 on the back. Learn then not to eat at the turn:D

I had a 31 on 9 once....I was playing after work with some guy I joined up with on the first hole. I felt like I couldn't miss. On the 8th hole par three I usually bring a couple clubs to the tee and leave my bag for when I walk back towards the green. I hit the ball so close and was so excited (I thought it was an ace) I ran off the tee and left my 8 iron there. Didn't think about it until I got home and by the next day noone had turned it in. Got a new one ordered but you can tell it's the black sheep of the set. Not quite the same.

Anyway, I haven't come close to that 31 lately. Lowest is 33 but I'm hoping one magic day to hit 29. Gotta have a dream!!

Two years ago I shot 2 over 38 on the front, and a predictable 49 on the back for an at the time PB 87. I best that 18 hole score regularly (cough, cough) now, but the 38 remains my low score for 9.

I posted this a few days ago in other threads, but now it is -1, shot 34 on a par 35. 8 pars and 1 birdie.

I posted this a few days ago in other threads, but now it is -1, shot 34 on a par 35. 8 pars and 1 birdie.

PB's! AWESOME!

Best ever was over 10 years ago. Par, bogie, eagle and parred out. -1. Best this year was even par with 3 birdies on the back nine. Always nice to end on a high note during a round.

My goal is to have rounds in the very low 40s through 9 holes. My best is 41 which I've done once, and I've had 42 a few times. Yesterday's round, I finished the back 9 with a score of 42, but I was even par through five holes. That's huge, I don't think I've ever played five consecutive holes at even par before. Then on 15, I blew the tee shot and carded a triple.

Friday three weeks ago I made 33 on the par35 loop. Four birdies, two bogeys, three pars.
I've made 37 on the par36 loop, two bogeys and one birdie, six pars.

Now I need to combine the two into something like a round of 73 ;) (I've had a 74 already)

I just shot my best 9 hole round the other day, came in one under for a 34.

5 Pars
3 birdies
One Double Bogey
6 Fairways
5 Greens
13 Putts

Followed this up 2 days later with a career best 18 hole round of 4 over (76).

Best ever was over a decade ago, just got out of the car and straight to the first tee: bogey, bogey, four straight birdies, parred out the nine for a 34.

This weekend I had a 37 on the front with three lipped out birdie putts.

Tapped from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A 1 over 37 a couple weeks ago when I shot 79. Two birdies three bogies and four pars.

Tied my "9 hole PB" on Sunday with a -1 35 on the front nine of my 18 hole round.

Had my first birdie on the par 4 fourth hole, a short hole with tees up making a drivable risk/reward shot. Hole played 270 from our tee box and I was only guy in my foursome taking driver. Put it on the green for the first time ever. Two putted for bird. Have tried countless times to drive this one, but this was my first time making it.

Followed it up with a bogey on next hole, but got bird again on the par 5, 6th hole. Pars to the turn kept me at -1.

Proceeded to stink up the back nine with a 44 though.

I always try to keep it in the 30's on each 9. Anything 40 or more and I'm usually dissapointed. My best 9 was a bogey free 3 under 33.

Tied my "9 hole PB" on Sunday with a -1 35 on the front nine of my 18 hole round.

Had my first birdie on the par 4 fourth hole, a short hole with tees up making a drivable risk/reward shot. Hole played 270 from our tee box and I was only guy in my foursome taking driver. Put it on the green for the first time ever. Two putted for bird. Have tried countless times to drive this one, but this was my first time making it.

Followed it up with a bogey on next hole, but got bird again on the par 5, 6th hole. Pars to the turn kept me at -1.

Proceeded to stink up the back nine with a 44 though.

Good Playing Barry!! Keep up the good work

My goal is to break 40 for each 9, although I'm happy anytime I come in under 45.
I've shot 39 or better 5 out of 57 times this year.
I've had 3 birdies twice for nine holes, a 32(-2) & 33(-1) (Same back nine, pretty easy course).

The thread started by geneticistx yesterday reminded me of this thread.

My best of 2014 is 34 (two under)

Goal for any nine is 39 or better.

Best ever on front is 31 on front (five under) with birdies on the first five holes in 2012.
Best ever on back is 31 (five under) with three birdies and an eagle in 2007.

4 bogeys and a bird for 3 over 39. Only nine I've even had in the thirties and I paid for it for 2 months by not getting under 45.

I can shoot steady 43-44 on each side most days but let me have a great round and shoot something well below normal and I'll crash and burn for 8-10 rounds for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had a great front at Sugarloaf Thursday. Hit every fairway. Fifteen putts. Then, when I took note of that accomplishment, and noted it out loud, the gods struck me down and the back was a mess.

However, my best 9 this year was a 38. My goal is 40, which I'm usually a shot or two off of, but still my goal.

Back