Trying to Break 100

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats! That is my goal too. What do you think "clicked" in your game for you to break 100? Better short game.. or better strategy?

Congrats! That is my goal too. What do you think "clicked" in your game for you to break 100? Better short game.. or better strategy?

I only took one penalty for my drives. I ended up pretty good for every second shot. My iron work needs help but my putting was great. I three putt only 3 times.

Yes Xarraan!!!! Congrats buddy!

Congrats man! Pretty soon you'll be below 90!

My wife wanted to play the white tees today (the regular "men's" tees) and shot 96. And wasn't happy. She is pretty good, I think.

Finally it has happened. 47/47. I ended up with a snowman on the 18 after I got caught in a deep bunker and took 3 tries to get out.

Mods,
I couldn't fine the breaking 100 thread feel free to dump it in there

I know that feel.

Finally it has happened. 47/47. I ended up with a snowman on the 18 after I got caught in a deep bunker and took 3 tries to get out.

Mods,

I'll celebrate with each one of ya!!!! Nice work!!!

Big weekend for me!

Saturday 53 and 51, with my second birdie ever, and my first on a par four!

Then Labor Day I shot 47 and 48! (shot par on my first par five hole)

Finally busted that 100 line in the sand. :banana:

Mods,

Congrats!

Thank you all. I hope it continues in the right direction.

My wife wanted to play the white tees today (the regular "men's" tees) and shot 96. And wasn't happy. She is pretty good, I think.

Purty darn good! My wife used to play & hit the snot out of the ball, but she's just wired to finish her "to do" list (which is endless), that golf, I'm afraid, will never be a high priority for her. Which is sad for me & us - I really liked how my mom & dad would play golf together.

I'm coming back into the game after a long layoff and even when I played a lot, I was in the 100's.

My goal in the next 12 months is to get back to playing and practicing on a regular basis. Practice, practice, practice.

I want a legit 99!

Since I can't play a round of golf at the moment I figured I would at least post my progress. I am still chasing the <100!

I have an "ouchy" back that has kept me off the course for over three weeks. I popped it out of place during a very aggressive range session. But I am trying all I can to get back out there before the end of the season!

I spent an hour at the range yesterday mostly working on short and mid-irons. This is the first time I felt good enough to try the range in almost 10 days. I can swing 1/2 or 3/4 swings without too much problem. At a full swing I engage too much of the back. Last night I noticed that maximum pain was when my arms are coming through the impact zone. I was swinging my driver towards the end of the session and found myself instinctively shifting my hands towards my body right as I approached impact to avoid that shot of pain through my upper back. So rather than create a really bad muscle memory by continuing a bad swing I just picked up my PW and gently chipped the rest of the balls.

I'm so wanting to be out there! Reading the success here really makes it hard for me to stay away! It is encouraging to see people achieving their goals!

Don't get me wrong, this is not a pity post. I am where I am and I am doing what needs done to move from here and get myself back out there. I just want to let the universe know that I am still here, I am still going to break 100. It is just that the path to get there is different than I what I first thought it would be. I might still get to do it this fall or it just might take till next Spring, but I'll be there.

Keep posting your success, like I said I find it encouraging!!!

Since I can't play a round of golf at the moment I figured I would at least post my progress. I am still chasing the <100!

I have an "ouchy" back that has kept me off the course for over three weeks. I popped it out of place during a very aggressive range session. But I am trying all I can to get back out there before the end of the season!

I spent an hour at the range yesterday mostly working on short and mid-irons. This is the first time I felt good enough to try the range in almost 10 days. I can swing 1/2 or 3/4 swings without too much problem. At a full swing I engage too much of the back. Last night I noticed that maximum pain was when my arms are coming through the impact zone. I was swinging my driver towards the end of the session and found myself instinctively shifting my hands towards my body right as I approached impact to avoid that shot of pain through my upper back. So rather than create a really bad muscle memory by continuing a bad swing I just picked up my PW and gently chipped the rest of the balls.

I'm so wanting to be out there! Reading the success here really makes it hard for me to stay away! It is encouraging to see people achieving their goals!

Don't get me wrong, this is not a pity post. I am where I am and I am doing what needs done to move from here and get myself back out there. I just want to let the universe know that I am still here, I am still going to break 100. It is just that the path to get there is different than I what I first thought it would be. I might still get to do it this fall or it just might take till next Spring, but I'll be there.

Keep posting your success, like I said I find it encouraging!!!

You've got this man! I had some lower back issues this year I felt with with a chiropractor yoga and Pilates.

Getting close. I shot a 104 today, a new PB. I would have made it but I had back to back 9's when I got stuck in the woods, and had a really bad bunker experience on the 12th hole, 4 shots to get out. Also missed a bunch of short putts.

I'll jump in here. I would love to see a sub 100 round. wow. hoping my lessons with the Tour Home Academy DVD can make it happen. I'm in that thread too. but the good news is that when I started 18 months ago I was consistently shooting 144. now I shoot 115. that's 30 strokes in 18 months. at that rate by next year I'll be shooting 80 and the year after that 50!

Getting close. I shot a 104 today, a new PB. I would have made it but I had back to back 9's when I got stuck in the woods, and had a really bad bunker experience on the 12th hole, 4 shots to get out. Also missed a bunch of short putts.

Nice work! You are almost there!!!

Ballsohard

Thanks for the encouragement. I hit 60 balls at the range yesterday and 60 more today. I was hitting terrible yesterday (spraying everywhere!) so I filmed my swing and reviewed in when I got home. Wow, so many little mistakes. Glad I filmed, I went back today and got my swing consistent again. I am pulling everything left but it I am happy that it is consistent. I took some more video and I'll send it off to my brother. He will dissect it for me and give me 1 item to work on.

I feel the back a bit but not as bad. Two Rolfing Massages this coming week and 3 more weeks of 2 a week. They are really helping. It is actually my upper back, the muscle on the inside of the left shoulder blade. I pulled my back out on a very aggressive driver swing about a month ago... long road back. Lesson is to warm up!!!

I am trying hard to get back to normal and I really want to get out for 18 holes before the end of the month! I'm going to try 9 holes next Friday or Saturday. Hopeful 3 or 4 range days before then!

Everyone else stay healthy and keep those scores coming down!

I'll jump in here. I would love to see a sub 100 round. wow. hoping my lessons with the Tour Home Academy DVD can make it happen. I'm in that thread too. but the good news is that when I started 18 months ago I was consistently shooting 144. now I shoot 115. that's 30 strokes in 18 months. at that rate by next year I'll be shooting 80 and the year after that 50!

Nice work Buckeyemark!!! Keep posting over there in the Tour Academy Thread. I have been reading that with interest. Once I am healthy again I am seriously considering picking that up, based on all the great reviews over there! I'm looking forward to hearing how it helps you since you and I are about the same play level.

Last two rounds have been 98 & 95. Need to work on short game.

Congrats on the big improvement keep at it.

Last two rounds have been 98 & 95. Need to work on short game.

Good work and keep at it!

Wow, just browsing all of these <100 posts. Way to go guys! I have scorecard envy here... :bulgy-eyes:
My wife says I'm spending too much money on golf... Maybe I should spend it at a bar... then she'll stop complaining about golf! :banana:

Actually I don't drink or hang out in bars... so what's a guy to do? She doesn't really complain too much, she's cool. I tell her it's exercise, keeping my weight in check... she buys that most of the time. Love her bunches! My son costs me more in lost balls than my range time.

Gonna leave him home, save some cash! Just kidding, love to take him out a put a whoop on him. He sucks more than me! :clapp:

jb57

I love it that you get to go with your son. I can't wait till mine is old enough!!

I spent another hour at the range today. First time in over a month that I didn't feel my back! I'm excited. Trying to find a way to get 9 holes in this coming weekend. I need to get a baseline of where I am at! I'm concerned that going for 18 might be over doing it and I don't need a relapse (Like I usually get because I go back to soon!) I'm sure my game ain't pretty right now but you can't break 100 if you don't play!

Yeah, that's awesome! One of the things I've enjoyed the most since getting back into golf is playing with my dad. Neither of us are great, but we have a blast out there together on a nice sunny day.

Trying to Break 100

Went 45/52=97 this morning. Great front nine, probably should have been a bit lower; missed a few makeable birdies. Back nine I had some issues going left a bit which never is good for a player who normally misses right. 35 putts, 4/18 GIR, 5/14 FIR. 3 penalties which hurt a bit. Refuel and out for round 2 in a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back