THP Ultimate Club Testing w/ TaylorMade Golf

Awesome for those who are going to get to test them out, but awesome for the rest of us too. It's pretty cool that we're going to get feedback on these from so many people so quickly after the release announcement (and well before they're even available).

Nailed it.

Awesome deal! Understatement !!!*!*!!!

swing your swing

You guys are gonna have a lot of fun testing these this weekend!

Due to the timing, each person will get these irons standard off the rack, but you will have a full set, well before they hit stores and to put in play for both rounds of golf. Then you take them with you when the event is over.

Weekend Stay at Resort
2 Rounds of Golf
Round of Night Golf
Set of Irons before they hit stores.

Not bad for $349

Best deal ever!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

You guys are gonna have a lot of fun testing these this weekend!

This weekend is going to be incredible! Championsgate, THP, THPers, Taylormade and SpeedBlades!

Getting the heads up is awesome. Now I can leave my irons at home and stay under the weight limit for my flight coming home!

Smart man. Love the plan!

Due to the timing, each person will get these irons standard off the rack, but you will have a full set, well before they hit stores and to put in play for both rounds of golf. Then you take them with you when the event is over.

Weekend Stay at Resort
2 Rounds of Golf
Round of Night Golf

Not bad for $349

How awesome is that...immediate om course rounds and in the bag permanently

Weekend Stay at Resort
2 Rounds of Golf
Round of Night Golf

Not bad for $349

Total assumeness.

First, wow, a set of irons! No kidding they've dialed it up from the original SLDR launch. That said, I am still very hopeful they bring the SLDR cart with a load of shafts for us to try! Both offerings provide a load of intrigue based on the former launches they've had, and I would love to get on a launch monitor with the SLDR.

Equipment wise, I'm coming this weekend optimistic. Having put the Burner 2.0 irons through the paces last year, I'll be very interested to see how TaylorMade has improved their 'distance' iron design over the last couple releases. I'll be looking to accuracy more on pure strikes than mishits, and keeping a keen eye on consistency of flight and distance.

I assume now that they are released, we can share as much as them as we'd like, so if you guys have any up front thoughts you'd like me to take with me, get them in here!

This just got kicked up a notch. Super excited about this, more excited, which I didn't know was possible.

Wow, "not bad" may be the understatement of the century!

Love the look of the speed blade! I love that it appears there's a lot of forgiveness packed into these irons. Based on my experience with the altitudes, I think I'm going to love the high launching aspect of these irons.

I'm excited that my Vegas partner will have these in the bag next to mine. Maybe he'll be nice enough to let me hit one or five.

Equipment wise, I'm coming this weekend optimistic. Having put the Burner 2.0 irons through the paces last year, I'll be very interested to see how TaylorMade has improved their 'distance' iron design over the last couple releases. I'll be looking to accuracy more on pure strikes than mishits, and keeping a keen eye on consistency of flight and distance.

I'll be doing the opposite, finding out how well these perform on mishits as I have more of those than pure strikes. Distance should be an improvement over my current irons, do these have jacked lofts?

I'm excited that my Vegas partner will have these in the bag next to mine. Maybe he'll be nice enough to let me hit one or five.

My speedblades are your speedblades partner.

First, wow, a set of irons! No kidding they've dialed it up from the original SLDR launch. That said, I am still very hopeful they bring the SLDR cart with a load of shafts for us to try! Both offerings provide a load of intrigue based on the former launches they've had, and I would love to get on a launch monitor with the SLDR.

I hit Cmacs SLDR yesterday, amazing club. I only hit it once, so I cant give a complete breakdown, but that one shot put me 300 yards down the middle of the fairway.

Are we still planning some kind of fitting with a launch monitor?

now that the cat's out of the bag, think I can get through my Friday round with just my driver and hybrids so I don't have to pack my irons? I didn't have much success with rbladez at all last year so I'm really curious to see how these pan out.

Are we still planning some kind of fitting with a launch monitor?

As mentioned, these will be yours to bend or reshaft if you choose after the event, but you will be given standard irons at the event. Due to the release and not being available as of yet, options are just not available.

As mentioned, these will be yours to bend or reshaft if you choose after the event, but you will be given standard irons at the event. Due to the release and not being available as of yet, options are just not available.

Awesome, that answered my next question about reshafting if need be. Thanks!

hehe no bending means you all will be seeing the little guy choking down to the end of the grip. It should be great entertainment!

now that the cat's out of the bag, think I can get through my Friday round with just my driver and hybrids so I don't have to pack my irons? I didn't have much success with rbladez at all last year so I'm really curious to see how these pan out.

I am planning on bringing my irons with me. Partly because I can't see myself trying to play a round on Friday with my Driver, 3 wood and wedges. Hitting a 52 degree wedge from 150-160 yards out is not going to look pretty. :)

More importantly, I think hitting my irons side by side with the Speedblades will be a great comparison.

Ok, just getting up to speed after an unfortunate couple hours in traffic. I am amped for this. I do have a question though. I have no idea what flex I should hit. My swing is between regular and stiff flex. I play regular graphite in my current irons, but I think I answered a PM on stiff flex, thinking we were hitting the Slidr. Is this something I need to address now?

I am planning on bringing my irons with me. Partly because I can't see myself trying to play a round on Friday with my Driver, 3 wood and wedges. Hitting a 52 degree wedge from 150-160 yards out is not going to look pretty. :)

More importantly, I think hitting my irons side by side with the Speedblades will be a great comparison.

oh come on, where's your sense of adventure? I want to see you flight a 3 wood 150 yards. Little sawed off pelz swing, couldn't be easier.

Ok, just getting up to speed after an unfortunate couple hours in traffic. I am amped for this. I do have a question though. I have no idea what flex I should hit. My swing is between regular and stiff flex. I play regular graphite in my current irons, but I think I answered a PM on stiff flex, thinking we were hitting the Slidr. Is this something I need to address now?

Nope. In this case you will be getting standard stiff, and then if you would like to change them out after the event, I say go for it.

It will all get ironed out for you guys at the event. You're in great hands with TM and THP.

Back