What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

I played with the old Z Star XV and the HEX Control. I liked both, each backed up on approach shots into the green, something I don't really do. I like the XV better than the generic Z Star.

I agree the XV is better for me than the Z. The Z gets too much spin and is probably a club shorter as it climbs high then drops.

What's your driver speed man?

Just got a great deal on some Bridgestone E6s. I think I have found my new ball. Still want to try the B330s. Havent convinced myself that any golf ball is worth that much money yet though./

The last round of golf was played with a practically new "FOUND" Pro V1.
Normally, I dont like to play with said "Found" ball as I believe that those balls WANT to be lost or they would stay in play giving their player many hours of happy golfing.
Typically, I would put them into play and immediately they would get themselves lost again.

However, this particular ball was just playing hide and seek with his player, and may have been forgotten about.
It was overjoyed when I FOUND it. I played marvelously that day and the ball has a prominent place resting comfortably in my bag.

Chrome + and it's better than the first time.

NXT Tour. The more I play it the more I like it.

Currently playing the Bridgestone B330-RXS. Super soft cover, gets dirty rather easily though

Last edited:
An old school Bridgestone B330 (slowly draining my stock). It's such a good golf ball, low spinning off the driver yet stopping quick with irons and even spinning a bit with wedges.

Well I am officially retiring the Chrome+. Love the distance and love the spin around the greens, but I just get too much spin off the driver to the point where I am missing more fairways. Went to Golf Galaxy today and picked up 2 dozen HEX Black Tours for 66 bucks and I am looking forward to putting them in play for the first time tomorrow morning.

QStar, I liked it off the tee and up to the greens but struggled with feel off the putter. It could have just been me today, I'll give it another chance.

I've been playing the Srixon z-star SL for the last couple weeks. Really like the feel and can't beat the price right now as the stores are selling off their stock. I can't explain why, but the yellow color is great, and easy to find ;)

Currently playing the NXT Tour S. Tried the Hex Black this season & liked it but was disappointed with the short-game spin. I'm going to try the NXT Tour this weekend.

Put the HEX Black Tour in play today and loved it. Noticeably less spin off the driver than the Chrome+ and a beautiful trajectory. Great feel around the greens, too. Hit some wonderful partial swing wedges that held beautifully. Will definitely be playing this ball going forward.

Found a no name Nike & played a couple of holes with it. Seemed to do fairly well for me. Most Nike's I've played have done well, not sure why I don't play them more often.

#hardheaded!

What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Put the HEX Black Tour in play today and loved it. Noticeably less spin off the driver than the Chrome+ and a beautiful trajectory. Great feel around the greens, too. Hit some wonderful partial swing wedges that held beautifully. Will definitely be playing this ball going forward.

Any noticeable distance difference? Good or bad.

Oh. And durability???

Front 9 B330s back 9 Callaway Hex Black Tour. I enjoyed both balls Tee to Green. Putting was a wash cause the greens were recently punched.

Front 9 B330s back 9 Callaway Hex Black Tour. I enjoyed both balls Tee to Green. Putting was a wash cause the greens were recently punched.

Excuses excuses! Haha the greens were in tip top shape stop telling lies :act-up:

Played the Nike 20xi x yesterday. Played almost 18 with one ball. Felt great off the tee and with the irons. Only in the putting department the ball felt kind of hard and not very nice. The ball held up nice. Not a mark before it took a swim...

It was not the 2013 ball.

I had a repeat performance with the Chrome+ and 20XIs. I am kind of wondering if I lose some distance with longer irons with the Nike ball, but I'm not sure. Other than that, I like both balls a lot.

Last edited:
I have been playing the 2011 Srixon Z star yellows for the last month or two and I have really been liking this ball a lot. I do think I have been losing some distance off the driver with this ball but I still like the overall performance of it. I have some B330RX's and Chrome's that I also like and may be my ball in the future.

Started out with the Taylormade Superdeep & it seemed as long or longer than my usual E6. Also seemed to be a little straighter but my swing was either on or off today. Nice ball off the putter & grew some legs on approach shots.
Pretty pleased with it & they're cheaper as well. That's always nice.

I put the B330 RX in play again today. Not a bad ball. Will keep playing these for a few more weeks.

Still on the E5 as the best ball I have played in this price range. was playing it during my personal best--and then again Monday when I tied it-- so its going to be hard to knock it out of the bag

Back