Lamkin Sink Putter Grip - THP Review

Just got the SQD13 on my CX1 and I'm definitely impressed with the feel. Going to put in some more work tomorrow on the indoor green.

Just got the SQD13 on my CX1 and I'm definitely impressed with the feel. Going to put in some more work tomorrow on the indoor green.
I can't wait to try it out!

The SQD13 is on my NC GM2 Exchange #5. Seems like a great CB option when I have the weight set to 360g. I may try to add 10g more, but will roll it first this way to see how it works.

Last edited:
Mine should come in today.

Just ordered a SQD-13 to feel the difference over the SQD-11. We will see if it gets installed once it is here. Hoping it's a little thicker than the SQD-11.

I have it at 376g right now.
Yeah, there is a bit of room underneath the plate on the GM2 exchange, I think I can flatten a lead fishing weight and maybe get the weight up to 370 g. We'll see. As of right now it feels pretty good, but I think a bit more heft in the head will help with the feel.

Yeah, there is a bit of room underneath the plate on the GM2 exchange, I think I can flatten a lead fishing weight and maybe get the weight up to 370 g. We'll see. As of right now it feels pretty good, but I think a bit more heft in the head will help with the feel.
I will say grips like this are made for an adjustable head like a cure, so easy to just unscrew, adjust and you're off.

Just ordered a SQD-13 to feel the difference over the SQD-11. We will see if it gets installed once it is here. Hoping it's a little thicker than the SQD-11.

From the brief time I spent with these the other day, the SQD-13 was a little larger feeling than the 11. I preferred the feel of the 13 over the 11.

From the brief time I spent with these the other day, the SQD-13 was a little larger feeling than the 11. I preferred the feel of the 13 over the 11.

I just got the SQD-11 and feel it's quite large.

Lamkin F**** Canadian Customers With Outrages Shipping Charges

Lamkin F**** Canadian Customers With Outrages Shipping Charges

Am I ever pissed with Lamkin. Tried to get their Sink putter grips through my local golf shop here in Canada. After weeks of waiting I was told by the golf shop they are still not available to them until the end of February by one distributor and the end of March by the other. I told them no problem and I'll just order them directly online.

Went to the Lamkin site and see that there is still free shipping so I check the details and it does not apply to Canada. Not too big a deal, free shipping to Canada is normally excluded. I put 7 different size/colour grips into my basket and check the shipping estimate (FedX Economy) and it comes to $84.04 USD. The shipping estimate includes the shipping and Canadian taxes (there are no duties on golf grips but there is a 14% tax). So basically they want to charge me $60.00 USD to ship the grips to Canada! This is outrages!

So I go back to my chart and only put in 1 grip for $12.99 USD and guess what - they still want to charge me $84.04 USD for shipping and taxes. Even though the Canadian tax dropped from approximately $14.00 to $2.00. I guess they pocket the additional tax money they collected for them selves, or they are not charging the Canadian taxes like they claim they do.

Canadians often get ripped off for high shipping charges but this is extreme, $84.04 to ship a single $13.00 grip! :angry:

Obviously I did not order the grips. :banghead:

Am I ever pissed with Lamkin. Tried to get their Sink putter grips through my local golf shop here in Canada. After weeks of waiting I was told by the golf shop they are still not available to them until the end of February by one distributor and the end of March by the other. I told them no problem and I'll just order them directly online.

Went to the Lamkin site and see that there is still free shipping so I check the details and it does not apply to Canada. Not too big a deal, free shipping to Canada is normally excluded. I put 7 different size/colour grips into my basket and check the shipping estimate (FedX Economy) and it comes to $84.04 USD. The shipping estimate includes the shipping and Canadian taxes (there are no duties on golf grips but there is a 14% tax). So basically they want to charge me $60.00 USD to ship the grips to Canada! This is outrages!

So I go back to my chart and only put in 1 grip for $12.99 USD and guess what - they still want to charge me $84.04 USD for shipping and taxes. Even though the Canadian tax dropped from approximately $14.00 to $2.00. I guess they pocket the additional tax money they collected for them selves, or they are not charging the Canadian taxes like they claim they do.

Canadians often get ripped off for high shipping charges but this is extreme, $84.04 to ship a single $13.00 grip! :angry:

Obviously I did not order the grips. :banghead:

I don't see how the shipping to Canada cost is their fault, particularly if the mode at which they ship does cost in that realm. Can't expect them to take a bath on a sale to account for shipping can you?

I do agree that it sucks, but I'm sure if you're patient you can find a better option to get them up there $$ wise.

I don't see how the shipping to Canada cost is their fault, particularly if the mode at which they ship does cost in that realm. Can't expect them to take a bath on a sale to account for shipping can you?

I do agree that it sucks, but I'm sure if you're patient you can find a better option to get them up there $$ wise.

I totally agree that they should not take a bath on the shipping. However asking $84.04 for FedX International Economy to ship a grip is nothing short of extortion. Last week I purchase a staff bag (a large 5+ pound package) from California which was shipped via FedX International Priority - the cost of the priority shipping was $19.33 USD. Lamkin is simply hosing Canadians here.

This is a free society and they can charge whatever they want to ship to Canada. I'm not forced to buy from them - so I didn't. Will just have to wait until the grips are available elsewhere online or locally available at the retail level.

Now back to our regular programming.

I totally agree that they should not take a bath on the shipping. However asking $84.04 for FedX International Economy to ship a grip is nothing short of extortion. Last week I purchase a staff bag (a large 5+ pound package) from California which was shipped via FedX International Priority - the cost of the priority shipping was $19.33 USD. Lamkin is simply hosing Canadians here.

This is a free society and they can charge whatever they want to ship to Canada. I'm not forced to buy from them - so I didn't. Will just have to wait until the grips are available elsewhere online or locally available at the retail level.

Now back to our regular programming.
Having been around the company and the people in charge, I can assure you they aren't out to "hose" anyone.

Its apples and oranges to compare how one company ships and how another does as they have different setups/requirements/needs.

Fact is, it sucks, but there's little doubt you'll be able to find one another way. Looking forward to your thoughts when you do.

Looking forward to eventually getting the grips and I'll post my comments at that time.

Initial carpet putting thoughts.

I ended up putting on the RND-11 over the SQD-13. The 13 just seemed to large both in diameter and length. The 11 suits my grip well and is not of the squishy type. Definitely like the feel and interested in seeing how I like this out on the course tomorrow.

Took this (SQD13) to the course to practice today. Love the feel in hand. Played my right thumb on the bottom oval which left a couple inches sticking up above my hands, making it a good CB option. Putter felt stable and had great success 8' and in.

The Pink looks cool!

My Sink grips were delivered a couple of days ago. Based on initial testing they have beat out my beloved Cleveland TFI CB grips, but not by a huge margin. It's now a battle between the Sink and Garsen MAX grips for top honours. Love them both.

Special edition SINK for the masters!
10693281_532727910241857_907194544_n.jpg

Love the green! Would game that without hesitating.

Man that green Sink looks great.

Damn my two favorite colors. Gets me every time lol

Back