IOS 9 - Plans to update?

I updated last week and have not had any issues. My battery also seems to be just as good, if not better, than before.

there is a Battery screen under Settings that shows usage..................and apparently the DraftKings app is a sneaky little ho and accounting for 28% of background activity. Crappy apps could be causing some of the battery probs folks are running into.

I updated my wife's 5S last night and I haven't received any calls or texts of frustration so far today...... I count that as a win.

I haven't updated my 6 or iPad yet, thinking there might be some issues. I'll probably wait a few weeks before I do so.

Knock on wood, but so far so good for me on the 6 plus.

I updated my old ipad2. God what a mistake that was. It became horribly slow & it screwed up the Netflix app somehow as well.

Right now I'm in the process of restoring the iPad to its original state via iTunes to see if that will speed it back up.

Our IT guy at work sent out an email to hold off on updating as it caused some issues for people trying to access our email servers from their phones.

After the last update caused my phone to heat up to about 90 degrees and run through battery life at 3x the speed, I will wait a while before I install it.

I updated early with the release of GM (Gold Master), recently updated to the "official" iOS 9 update and haven't had any noticeable issues or lags as of yet. There's been a few changes I've noticed in iOS 9 that I am starting to enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One feature that is hugely improved is Siri. It was super frustrating to use before the update, especially for voice text and now it works waaaaay better. I use voice text and email multiple times each day as my primary form of work communication and I'm rarely having to type any corrections now.

battery life on my 5s is horribad since updating. what's more frustrating is that my touches/taps aren't recognized on the first try, especially when entering my code after un-locking and when using safari (and to a lesser degree in commonly used apps like facebook and twitter).

it's just lol that all the "fixes" i've read for these issues are to disable certain functions, go to airplane mode, restart/reset, etc. or my favorite: wait a few days for another update.

battery life on my ipad 2 is pretty bad too but haven't had the other issues i'm experiencing on my phone.

9.0.1 was released today. Maybe that will help some of the folks having issues.

9.0.1 was released today. Maybe that will help some of the folks having issues.

God I hope so. Adding a feature like trash all in mail and it literally not working at all is comical.

God I hope so. Adding a feature like trash all in mail and it literally not working at all is comical.

Other than battery life, I haven't had any other issues.

Other than battery life, I haven't had any other issues.

Yeah as I mentioned my battery life was great and is now below average to bad. Here's to hoping.

The contact pictures in text messages is driving me nuts. There should be an option to turn that off

battery life on my 5s is horribad since updating. what's more frustrating is that my touches/taps aren't recognized on the first try, especially when entering my code after un-locking and when using safari (and to a lesser degree in commonly used apps like facebook and twitter).

it's just lol that all the "fixes" i've read for these issues are to disable certain functions, go to airplane mode, restart/reset, etc. or my favorite: wait a few days for another update.

battery life on my ipad 2 is pretty bad too but haven't had the other issues i'm experiencing on my phone.
In general I would always be very skeptical towards updating to a newer os on any piece of technology that is 2 generations old or more.

The contact pictures in text messages is driving me nuts. There should be an option to turn that off

Yeah, I'm kinda over that already as well.

Just updated my iPhone to 9....we'll see how it goes.

My issue is my touch screen has become really wonky when trying to put in my pin code as well as some hangups switching between apps. So far I am more annoyed so let's see how 9.0.1 goes.

My issue is my touch screen has become really wonky when trying to put in my pin code as well as some hangups switching between apps. So far I am more annoyed so let's see how 9.0.1 goes.

Its brutal. Im downloading 9.0.1 now and hopefully that fixes that. The hiccup when entering my pin drives me nuts.

Its brutal. Im downloading 9.0.1 now and hopefully that fixes that. The hiccup when entering my pin drives me nuts.

Maybe it's Apple doing it on purpose to force you to use Touch ID.

They would never do that :sarcastic:

Mark my words, iPhone 7 doesn't have a home button. With 3D Touch, Apple is moving to handling all tasks on the screen.

Back