Nebraska Golf - Labor Day Weekend

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Well I know it's a long way out but let's start the pondering now, Labor Day Weekend golf needs to be played and Nebraska is the perfect spot for it, I'll try to keep this thread/post up to date with locations and a participant list, depending on game time, Saturday AM golf could be shifted, but let's start talking options for Fri/Sat and maybe even monday!!!

Sunday Sep 4
36 holes
Quarry Oaks
http://www.quarryoaks.com

Monday Sep 5
?

Attending
Mulligan
NebGolfer
LSMO
nomadic

Maybe
P4B
Daddio
Icey

Last edited:
I'm out! sister is getting married that weekend, I don't think I can get outta that

Barring something crazy, I'll be there. I did start working on @dhartmann34 and @MSH134. Don't know if they'll bite or not, but a full Sunday at Quarry Oaks couldn't hurt. :act-up:

Can count me in for this. I might not be available every single day (Monday isn't a great day for me as I usually hang out with the fam that day of Memorial and Labor Day weekend), but I'll definitely get in a couple rounds.

Not in the cards for me this year. I start student teaching the second weekend of August. I hope you all have a great time though! :)

I hear Nebraska has some incredible tracks.

Please add me as a strong maybe Icey. Might not be up for all 5 rounds but will if I can. Got some begging to do ... haha

I'm sure I can make most of this work, maybe not all though.

Looks like ill be in sat and sunday

Glad to see some more folks pondering this. Had a great time last year with the Nebraska guys.

I doubt I can make this, but will keep it in mind.

Mostly, I just wanted to comment that Ashland is both my parents home town. I have many fond memories of spending a few weeks every summer at my grandparents. My maternal grandparents are buried in Ashland cemetery.

Love seeing that attending list grow.

Any other course requests for Sat/Sun/Mon???

I think I can make Saturday and Sunday work. Quarry is a great track. Had fun playing there with Icey last year. Would love to play some of those great courses in the middle of the state....but maybe they're too far?

In for Friday, Saturday (early round, I think), and Sunday. Monday might be a stretch - would probably be better as a travel day for me.

I'm just throwing this out there, but Woodland Hills does have a golf board available for rent, I figured it might be kind of fun to shoot some video on and of that!

If any of you want to find your way to Kansas next month. I'm trying to get a group together for a round at Colbert Hills in Manhattan on Father's Day. They can't say no if it's Father's Day, right? Anyway, morning round at Colbert Hills and afternoon round at Rolling Meadows in Junction City (next town over to the West) it would be JUST under a 1/2 hour drive from Colbert Hills. It's in the Kansas Members group/thread FYI. We have 4 currently.

I'm just throwing this out there, but Woodland Hills does have a golf board available for rent, I figured it might be kind of fun to shoot some video on and of that!

I'm sure we couldn't get into any trouble doing that. :alien:

If any of you want to find your way to Kansas next month. I'm trying to get a group together for a round at Colbert Hills in Manhattan on Father's Day. They can't say no if it's Father's Day, right? Anyway, morning round at Colbert Hills and afternoon round at Rolling Meadows in Junction City (next town over to the West) it would be JUST under a 1/2 hour drive from Colbert Hills. It's in the Kansas Members group/thread FYI. We have 4 currently.

Wish something like that would be in the cards for me - hope someone from Lincoln can make it down. I expect you to be crushing that driver.

I'm sure we couldn't get into any trouble doing that. :alien:

Wish something like that would be in the cards for me - hope someone from Lincoln can make it down. I expect you to be crushing that driver.
As do I. Looking forward to Friday when it should be here!

Are you (or anyone else in here) going to make it to the unofficial KC event?

As do I. Looking forward to Friday when it should be here!

Are you (or anyone else in here) going to make it to the unofficial KC event?
Huh. I hadn't even looked at the KC gathering. I'll check the dates.

The Nebraska football game is 7pm, so there could be a chance to do more golf on saturday!

The Nebraska football game is 7pm, so there could be a chance to do more golf on saturday!

More golf, you say? Followed by a prime time football game? Yep!

Believe it or not, I may be interested - It depends on whether I get an invite to SAND HILLS the week after Labor Day.

Believe it or not, I may be interested - It depends on whether I get an invite to SAND HILLS the week after Labor Day.

That would be awesome man!

You should make this happen.

Travel plans and scheduling have changed for some, I'll be happy to keep the post updated, but I know myself and Rambler are more than likely out.

I should be able to play Saturday and Monday anytime. Friday would have to be in the afternoon for me.

Playing in an event Sunday morning, so for purposes of this thread I'm out Sunday.

Back