Trying To Break 90 Club

Played a course with really hard greens. Shot a 53/45. Couldnt get tje speed right all day. Frustrating since I was striking the ball pretty well

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

I broke through the 90 barrier with an 88, but only at 5,800 yards. My short game has greatly improved over the last few months which is why I was able to break through the 90 mark at the shorter yardage.

Next goal is to break 90 at 6,200 to 6,400 yards, I have to have my driver working consistently in order to complete the task.

I broke through the 90 barrier with an 88, but only at 5,800 yards. My short game has greatly improved over the last few months which is why I was able to break through the 90 mark at the shorter yardage.

Next goal is to break 90 at 6,200 to 6,400 yards, I have to have my driver working consistently in order to complete the task.

Way to go! The yardage doesn't matter all that much. Neither does the driver. Good second shots and short game will get you there. Just play smart.

nicely done! keep it going

After four rounds of mid 90s and one 98 I finally got one together. Shot 88 this morning at my home course. I know I left at least 4 shots out there. One par 3 grabbed a 9 iron instead of 6, naturally came up short. Another I grabbed 8 instead of 9. Flew the green, then duffed a chip. On 18 I had 163 to the pin, but needed to fade around a tree. Told myself to grab one more club and choke down. That and the fade will account for the distance. Flew the green by about 8yds...

After a summer shooting in the 90's, I had two consecutive rounds in the 100's. Can't transfer the smooth swing when I practice to the course. Ready to call it a year and hang up the clubs for a while...

After a summer shooting in the 90's, I had two consecutive rounds in the 100's. Can't transfer the smooth swing when I practice to the course. Ready to call it a year and hang up the clubs for a while...

Never give up. Always try to have fun :)

Snuck out to play 9 today. Shot my best 9 of 41. I know that doesn't translate to a full round of 81 but it was encouraging

Played 18 this korning and I managed a PB match of 87. Started bad with a double and a triple on 2 and 3 butbstrung some pars together with one bird to hit 45 on front and 42 on back

Played 18 this korning and I managed a PB match of 87. Started bad with a double and a triple on 2 and 3 butbstrung some pars together with one bird to hit 45 on front and 42 on back

Congrats on the PB!

Snuck out to play 9 today. Shot my best 9 of 41. I know that doesn't translate to a full round of 81 but it was encouraging

PB 9 holes, then tied PB 18, congrats, and keep it up!

Broke 90 with an 88 2 weekends ago which was nice! This weekend was on track to break 90 again but I had 2 atrocious holes that threw me way off. Hit a 7 on a par 4 followed by an 8 on a par 5...killed any chance of under 90 and ended up with a 94. The positive that I can takeaway from it now, is that when I have a bad round I'm shooting what I thought was the best round of my life at the beginning of the year. It took me a few hours to put this in perspective but I'm happy that I did.

Sometimes you just need a break, I wouldn't say for the entire year, but maybe 2 weeks. Lets you come back fresh and wanting to play again.

I DID IT!!!!!! Shot an 88 today and was ecstatic to say the least. Only lost 3 balls on a very watery woodsy course and had a great day. Still having problems judging wedge shots so that took me back a few strokes as well. Now I'm dedicated to breaking that insane barrier of 80. Well figured I'd share. I'm celebrating tonight!!!

I DID IT!!!!!! Shot an 88 today and was ecstatic to say the least. Only lost 3 balls on a very watery woodsy course and had a great day. Still having problems judging wedge shots so that took me back a few strokes as well. Now I'm dedicated to breaking that insane barrier of 80. Well figured I'd share. I'm celebrating tonight!!!

Congrats! Cheers!

Congrats man! Nothing more exciting than a big milestone

Awesome!

Congrats, cg!

Opened up with a 40 on the front 9 yesterday......followed it up with a 55 on the back. These are my struggles.

88 yesterday, 89 this morning. Upset because I had 3 doubles and a triple. I know low 80s in very possible. Funny how 2 months ago I would have been excited about high 80s

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Congrats kc. Sounds like a good round keep it going.

Strange day. Started 12 over after 6. Couldnt hit a tee shot to save my life....was actually starting to get a lil embarased. Driver, 3 wood it didnt matter at all. Found a grove making par on a long par 5, and kinda built off that was only 6 over for the next 12 holes. Ended with a 90 (49/41), just missing a long birdie putt. Was happy to atleast find some kinda game and keep the score respectable. No way I deserved to break 90 anyways lol. 3/14 on fairways is just laughable and 4 penalty strokes. 32 putts was fine considering that i had alot of long 1st putts. I think the 41 on the back 9 might be my best 9 hole score.

Might head back out if the eagles dont keep me interested....too nice out to be on the couch watching football.

Shoulda stayed home and watched football....went to a different course, and one I usually struggle at for whatever reason. Lotsa hills and tough lies. 97. Totally bummed. Think take a week or two off and just stay on the range and short game/putting area.

Done, broke the 90 barrier at about 6,200 yards yesterday with an 89. The Par 3's is where I dropped strokes, playing the 3's at 1.4 over par. My driver was working well, hit 70% of the fairways. Thanks all for the support and encouragement.

Can I join? I've broke 90 before, but odds are against me every time out. I'd join the breaking 80 club, but want to start breaking 90 consistently.

Back