Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice shot, man.

Best shot today was a 7 iron for my second shot on a par 5. Thought I had a chance for an albatross but the ball landed a few feet right behind the hole and rolled into the fringe. Got up and down for the bird.
Who do you think you are hitting a 7 iron for your second shot on a par 5?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who do you think you are hitting a 7 iron for your second shot on a par 5?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do it all the time... then I hit my wedge.

Stuffed a 6ir from 167yd and a 144yd 8ir on my approach on #18...birdied both. Also was 2 for 2 on sand saves (and I'm usually terrible out of bunkers)

Stuffed a 6ir from 167yd and a 144yd 8ir on my approach on #18...birdied both. Also was 2 for 2 on sand saves (and I'm usually terrible out of bunkers)

Nice shots billy. I love the sand more and more but I need to work on my distance control 2/2 is impressive.

greenside bunker on #9 tonight in 2, having to open the face and splash it out short and try to roll it down to the hole (about 15 feet) with no room for error behind the hole.

nice little splash, ball lands on the fringe and rolls out to about 4 inches. Great way to birdie finish.

After ruining a great drive with a topped hybo into a fairway bunker I hit a 155yd 9i to a very small elevated and well protected by bunkers green for a two put par. By far my best shot of the day not off the tee.

I drained a come-back ten-foot downhill putt that had about a foot of break after banging a 40-foot uphill putt past by ten feet.

It was the last hole in my golf league. And for the win. If I missed (and made the third putt) we pushed the match.

Made a birdie from the bunker, about 40 feet away. Great feeling to hole out from the sand!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I hit a great six iron today from 155, uphill into the wind that just bored through the wind and left me with a tap in bird.

180 yard 5 wood on a par 4 to 15 feet. Didn't make the putt though, grrrr.

I love it when I have a shot that calls for the 5 wood.

I don't know if it was the 20 foot putt to save par on 12 or the 70 yard shot to one foot on 15 resulting in birdie. Both were important.

I had a few that stand out, driver while playing through a 4some & sailed it past them by at least 20 yards. Or the 6I on a par 3 that haunts me to 10'.

Played a 255 yard sharp dogleg left today. Remembering JB's "How would you play this hole?" thread from a few weeks ago, I used a 7 iron off the tee and hit it perfect to the left side of the fairway 75 yards from the green. Then I put a 1/2 swing on the ball with my 53* Scor wedge and hit that to 8 feet (this is my best shot as I never pull this off) and then...wait for it...actually dropped the birdie putt.

Holes like this make me think I can really play this game. The other 17 holes make me think I should sell my clubs and buy a fishing pole.

Played a 255 yard sharp dogleg left today. Remembering JB's "How would you play this hole?" thread from a few weeks ago, I used a 7 iron off the tee and hit it perfect to the left side of the fairway 75 yards from the green. Then I put a 1/2 swing on the ball with my 53* Scor wedge and hit that to 8 feet (this is my best shot as I never pull this off) and then...wait for it...actually dropped the birdie putt.

Holes like this make me think I can really play this game. The other 17 holes make me think I should sell my clubs and buy a fishing pole.

Fishing ain't no better.

Congrats on a well played hole.

Made a longish putt and then I fist pumped and hollered to the birds a few times. Nothing like a solo pump to remind you that you need a playing partner :loser:

136 from a FW bunker to 10 feet past hole (8 hyron). Missed the birdie.

Was about 30 yards past the green on the next hole after flying my approach shot over the green and catching a downslope. Had some trees with low hanging branches about 10 yards in front of me. I took my PW and put it in the back of my stance. Had to keep my shot under 5 feet for else I'd catch the branches and hit a perfect low show right into the slope of the elevated green. The ball was coming out hot which I was trying to do and the slope deadened the ball and it hopped up onto the green pin high, 10 feet from the hole. Just missed the putt for par but I don't think I could of hit a better shot if I had 100 tries.

Hit a nice drive on a par 5 leaving me 188 to the pin. I figured a lay up was in order so I pulled a 6i and drilled it up on the green. I did that twice today.
Sup stoked.

136 from a FW bunker to 10 feet past hole (8 hyron). Missed the birdie.

This one?

yzaqu4ed.jpg

Was a great shot.

Hit a SW from about 50 yards out to 3 inches, leaving a tap in for birdie on 18.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Took 8 iron into the green with 172 to the pin, second shot on a par 5. Pin back left and green protected by a big ass bunker, played to the right center with a baby draw on it.

erunynuj.jpg

Hop and a nice release. Hit the eagle putt, my first in 3 years IIRC.

Played in a scramble today. Hit the driver well - really well.

But, the best shot was a 20-ish footer for eagle. It broke about two feet to the right and slid downhill. I saw the line, stepped up and drained it. I thought it was in after about three feet.

Just an awesome feeling to see the line and make a putt like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back