2014 Nike Procombo

Air_Ferrari

Reaction score
Handicap
Up there
Has anybody seen this before? I follow a guy from ig that showed this pic this morning.

Looks like I have to wait before getting a new set of irons.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1378478604066.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378478604066.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 0
We kind of saw it last year, but interesting as to why they got rid of the blade option for these.

Has anybody seen this before? I follow a guy from ig that showed this pic this morning.

Looks like I have to wait before getting a new set of irons.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

Yup. Those are VR Pro Combos. No reason to change what ain't broke.

What that picture doesn't show is that the DG Pro shafts are stock in that set. 3-6 irons are pocket cavity, 7-PW are split cavity. I want to hit them badly, even though I don't think my ball striking is good enough, these irons intrigue me so much.

That's a cool bit of info about the shafts.

Why would they get rid of the blades in the set. Isn't that why this set was made?

Why would they get rid of the blades in the set. Isn't that why this set was made?

Just spit balling this idea. But maybe the tour staff who play the Pro Combos talked with Nike and determined that they didn't feel any advantage with the blades. Nike has said that what the tour staff thinks and wants gets directly transferred to the market.

Just spit balling this idea. But maybe the tour staff who play the Pro Combos talked with Nike and determined that they didn't feel any advantage with the blades. Nike has said that what the tour staff thinks and wants gets directly transferred to the market.

That would be weird, because the blades were the main selling point of the set right?

I think it's interesting. From the forum testing that was done here a few years ago, it seems like the 8-PW (blades) were the highlight of the set for many.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...-Nike-VR-Pro-Combo-Irons-Forum-Testing-Review

I also wonder how the Pro Combo CBs did in the market against the Pro Combo Blades from a few years back.

Are we assuming there are no blades from that one pic, or has anyone read that somewhere?

That would be weird, because the blades were the main selling point of the set right?

I don't think so. I thought it was the transition from more forgiving less workable long irons to less forgiving more workable short irons. Also, if anybody thinks that the pocket cavity or cavity back irons are not workable, they're nuts.

I love my J-40 DPC, but the nike pro combos have always been on my watch list.

Are we assuming there are no blades from that one pic, or has anyone read that somewhere?

just assumptions for now. Not sure why they wouldn't picture it though. Although, they could come out with two sets one with and without blades. Although they were introduced in different seasons for the last iteration. Also kudos to nike for not changing the look too much. I still think these were/are one of the sexiest clubs out right now. No need to change it.

I don't think so. I thought it was the transition from more forgiving less workable long irons to less forgiving more workable short irons. Also, if anybody thinks that the pocket cavity or cavity back irons are not workable, they're nuts.

Yours are the blade variety correct?

just assumptions for now. Not sure why they wouldn't picture it though. Although, they could come out with two sets one with and without blades. Although they were introduced in different seasons for the last iteration. Also kudos to nike for not changing the look too much. I still think these were/are one of the sexiest clubs out right now. No need to change it.

Not assumptions, the spec sheets for this set of irons are already floating around on the web. The irons are hitting stores in November.

Not assumptions, the spec sheets for this set of irons are already floating around on the web. The irons are hitting stores in November.

Facts are fun

Facts are fun

You know what would even be more fun? Some people on here testing them out like the original Pro Combos.

You know what would even be more fun? Some people on here testing them out like the original Pro Combos.

You really want me testing these again?

Not very Altitude like. ;)

You really want me testing these again?

Not very Altitude like. ;)

I will take them instead haha.

In reality, I would love to hit these. They intrigue me very much

So there isn't going to be a 2014 Nike blade? That's unfortunate...

So there isn't going to be a 2014 Nike blade? That's unfortunate...

There are VR Pro Blades, just not in the VR Pro Combo set. Which is fine. This set doesn't need blades.

There are VR Pro Blades, just not in the VR Pro Combo set. Which is fine. This set doesn't need blades.

So they're not blades, like I said lol?

So they're not blades, like I said lol?

There is a set of blade irons from Nike in 2014. The blade irons is not included in the Pro Combo.

There is a set of blade irons from Nike in 2014. The blade irons is not included in the Pro Combo.

Apologies, had no idea. I've yet to see them, is there a thread dedicated to them?

Back