What cigar did you smoke today?

I've heard the same thing. May have my 1st tonight. Will report back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You won't be disappointed. Not bad at all from my experience

I've had an authentic Cuban Cohiba, and honestly I've had much better non-Cubans. Cubans don't seem to mean what they used to. Good cigars for sure, just over hyped IMO.

...but I certainly would still be super excited for a box of Cohibas, don't get me wrong haha

Part of the reason for this is that many of the original Cohiba rollers and their families left Cuba, in the 1960s and smuggled seeds from top shelf tobacco plants out of the country. As you can imagine, many settled in the Miami area and then their families branched out. Some of the best Nicaraguan smokes are descendants of those families, IIRC.

Part of the reason for this is that many of the original Cohiba rollers and their families left Cuba, in the 1960s and smuggled seeds from top shelf tobacco plants out of the country. As you can imagine, many settled in the Miami area and then their families branched out. Some of the best Nicaraguan smokes are descendants of those families, IIRC.

Yep, 100%. Most of the seeds grown in places like Honduras and Nicaragua are now ex-Cuban seeds from what I have heard. I believe the Oliva family is one of those families that left Cuba with the seeds, and Oliva makes some of the best cigars for the price.

As far as Cohibas I'm a skeptical person in nature. When I had my 1st Cuban my mind was blown they were so good

Yep, 100%. Most of the seeds grown in places like Honduras and Nicaragua are now ex-Cuban seeds from what I have heard. I believe the Oliva family is one of those families that left Cuba with the seeds, and Oliva makes some of the best cigars for the price.

Yes, sir! I LOVE the Oliva smokes I've had. If you ever get a chance to have an Oliva V Melanio (I like Robustos the best all around), DO EEET. Smooth, creamy, with a chocolately finish. I just checked and I still have one!!

Smoking a rare unreleased cigar...Carlito Fuente OpusX PJ (***** Juice)Lancero.

7acc4c33a1eb3c714395668e63c4475f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

As far as Cohibas I'm a skeptical person in nature. When I had my 1st Cuban my mind was blown they were so good

Totally!! The big problem is that there are some many fakes out there. You can usually tell by the band. The true Cohibas have raised lettering on the band and many of the fakes (except the really good fakes, lol), the lettering is flat or the band doesn't have a neat finish to it.

Anyone here like Gurkha's? I read that they were a premium cigar so I saw a great deal from JRs on a 5 pack of Gurkha Beauties. I do not like them at all. When I read the customer reviews they get a lot of bad reviews. This cigar was supposed to be mild and it peppery and sharp yuckk. Any Gurkha fans here?

Anyone here like Gurkha's? I read that they were a premium cigar so I saw a great deal from JRs on a 5 pack of Gurkha Beauties. I do not like them at all. When I read the customer reviews they get a lot of bad reviews. This cigar was supposed to be mild and it peppery and sharp yuckk. Any Gurkha fans here?

Gurkhas are a bit of a joke. Their gimmick is setting a crazy MSRP per cigar like $20 per stick and then heavily discount it by 75%. It makes one think that it's an incredible deal but in reality it's not even a good $5 stick.

Gurkhas are a bit of a joke. Their gimmick is setting a crazy MSRP per cigar like $20 per stick and then heavily discount it by 75%. It makes one think that it's an incredible deal but in reality it's not even a good $5 stick.

Agree, I've never had one that was all that good.

Heck I think the asylum or even the brick house Maduro is a better $5 smoke!

I think ur spot on there man. I was highly dissapointed I bought the 5 pack.... even though it was only $15. The other 4 will surely be my give away cigars when ppl are over and trying to bum some.

I've tried many of them and didn't like a single one.

I wonder how they stay in business

Cigars are a highly personal endeavor. I don't like them, but I'm sure they have a big enough following to stick around. Or, their cost to profit margin is huge and they don't have to sell very many to turn over huge $$.

Smoking the always reliable Acid Kuba Kuba on my porch right now with a Not You Father's Alcohol Root Beer

Smoking the always reliable Acid Kuba Kuba on my porch right now with a Not You Father's Alcohol Root Beer

great smoke. I enjoyed an Undercrown earlier with a coke, my fav combo (ran out of Jack lol)

great smoke. I enjoyed an Undercrown earlier with a coke, my fav combo (ran out of Jack lol)

Lol Idk why but I really like soda with cigars. That's y the alcohol rootbeer works well for me.

I have yet to try an undercrown, I've read a lot of good things about them tho

Back