TaylorMade SLDR Driver Preview

Went in and hit on the monitor this morning at Roger Dunn. My average launch angle was a 14.6 with the 9.5* in a stiff flex shaft. Average carry was 196 yards.

Tried out the 9.5 TP in a stiff shaft. Average launch angle was 12.1 and average carry distance was 207. Average back spin was 2457 and side spin was 384. Solid numbers for me.

Thankfully Roger Dunn has a great and easy return/exchange program. Now I'm the owner of a SLDR TP. I hope I hit it as well on the course. Playing Pelican Hill North course this Saturday and Sunday.

Really appreciate the feedback in this forum by the way. Tremendously helpful. Now if you guys only had a tip on how to finally break under 80... ha.

Best,

Michael

Nice, sounds like the TP shaft is more suited to your swing, that's a solid bump in carry distance. Now just make sure to swing the same on the course!

So it's the Motore Speeder TS 6.3 (about 65 grams) in the TP and the Fujikura Speeder 57 (about 60 grams) in the standard SLDR.

I am definitely interested in seeing spin numbers and launch numbers in both!!

Went in and hit on the monitor this morning at Roger Dunn. My average launch angle was a 14.6 with the 9.5* in a stiff flex shaft. Average carry was 196 yards.

Tried out the 9.5 TP in a stiff shaft. Average launch angle was 12.1 and average carry distance was 207. Average back spin was 2457 and side spin was 384. Solid numbers for me.

Thankfully Roger Dunn has a great and easy return/exchange program. Now I'm the owner of a SLDR TP. I hope I hit it as well on the course. Playing Pelican Hill North course this Saturday and Sunday.

Really appreciate the feedback in this forum by the way. Tremendously helpful. Now if you guys only had a tip on how to finally break under 80... ha.

Best,

Michael
Congrats on the new driver. Have fun at Pelican. It's a beautiful course.

So it's the Motore Speeder TS 6.3 (about 65 grams) in the TP and the Fujikura Speeder 57 (about 60 grams) in the standard SLDR.

That's the shafts. The head itself must be insanely low spinning because isn't the speeder line generally "mid" spinning?

The Fujikara Speeder 57 weighs 58 grams.

The Fujikara Motore Speeder TS 6.3 (TP) weighs 65 grams.

I like the extra weight of the TP, but also I think the lower torque (2.7 vs 3.4 in the stiff shafts) is much more ideal for my swing.

Best,

That's the shafts. The head itself must be insanely low spinning because isn't the speeder line generally "mid" spinning?

Not exactly. The Motore Speeder TS are noted and popular due to the lower spin characteristics.

Should be really interesting to hit this next weekend as I *think* I put a lot of spin on the ball with the driver. I have never had my driver swing analyzed so I guess we will find out. I'm guessing it should go a fair bit farther than my current G15.

Hit it again today. Numbers were...well really good for me. These are the averages after around 20 balls:

Distance: 273yrds
Spin: 2289
Launch: 12.9*

It will be mine.

I have the R11S, and as far as easy adjustability, the SLDR wins by so much. Slide one way for fade, the other for draw. As opposed to the R11S/R1, with so many face and weight settings that it becomes ridiculous to keep track.

I should not want to hit this, because I am not about to spend $399 on a driver. But I really really do... :drool:

I have the R11S, and as far as easy adjustability, the SLDR wins by so much. Slide one way for fade, the other for draw. As opposed to the R11S/R1, with so many face and weight settings that it becomes ridiculous to keep track.

I should not want to hit this, because I am not about to spend $399 on a driver. But I really really do... :drool:

Once you hear how great it sounds you'll be breaking out the wallet....

Hit it again today. Numbers were...well really good for me. These are the averages after around 20 balls:

Distance: 273yrds
Spin: 2289
Launch: 12.9*

It will be mine.

Really good numbers there. What was the setup on the club, and what is your swing speed like?

Once you hear how great it sounds you'll be breaking out the wallet....

Especially considering that the R11S sounds like you're hitting the ball with a frying pan!

Especially considering that the R11S sounds like you're hitting the ball with a frying pan!

Both the previous TMs I hit at the range sounded awful, RBZ and R11S, not just awful but incredibly loud. So loud that it made the people to my left and right along with my ears ring...

Everyone has been saying how nice this one sounds, is it still loud though?

In response to some conversations, as previously stated, if you need more spin don't get this. If you have any other needs, GET IT. Still love it.

Really good numbers there. What was the setup on the club, and what is your swing speed like?

This time they actually had a 10.5 stiff. The first time I hit it was the week it was released and they only had a 9.5 stiff and the results just were not there.

Left it at 10.5, moved the weight two clicks towards the draw and was hitting it perfectly straight on the monitor besides 3-4 of blocking it low right. Swing speed was around 102 on average.

I just purchased one of these a week or so ago. Been to the range and played a couple of rounds with it...During a round, I will hit maybe 3-4 straight down the middle and long (for me), but I am still getting a alot of hooks coming from somewhere. I have played with the sldr weight, trying to find my macth but no such luck yet. Seems it hooks on any setting that I put it on. Loft is set at 11...Does anyone have any suggestions?...Like I said, I have moved the weight in just about every position, except extreme fade and extreme draw...feels better for me 2 clicks on the fade side but the reults are the same...hook hook hook...Please help with any suggestions you may have...Thanks

I just purchased one of these a week or so ago. Been to the range and played a couple of rounds with it...During a round, I will hit maybe 3-4 straight down the middle and long (for me), but I am still getting a alot of hooks coming from somewhere. I have played with the sldr weight, trying to find my macth but no such luck yet. Seems it hooks on any setting that I put it on. Loft is set at 11...Does anyone have any suggestions?...Like I said, I have moved the weight in just about every position, except extreme fade and extreme draw...feels better for me 2 clicks on the fade side but the reults are the same...hook hook hook...Please help with any suggestions you may have...Thanks

I'm the opposite. I occasionally will have a strong slice instead of my usual nice fade. For me it really just comes down to the fact at times I am swinging too hard, have the ball positioned incorrectly, turn my hands too much. The SLDR can help a lot with a fade or draw bias, lower spin, etc, but I constantly have to remind myself that much of the problem is with my swing, not the club.

All that being said, if you are hooking it, I think if you move the ball back a bit in your stance, it should help straighten that out a bit.

Best,

MB

Spent many Times on range and golf course with SLDR . Settings 10`5 , SLDR - two click to FADE , shaft Diamana D+ 72 Stiff and WOW .
Long , nice flight . 8/10 shots are straight . Misses are pulls . NO slice :)
R1 ( my old driver ) vs SLDR ( my new driver)
distance : SLDR maybe 5-10 Yards longer
feel : SLDR won
accuracy : SLDR won
look : SLD won

While none of us at the TM Ultimate Testing will be receiving a SLDR, many of us will be undergoing a full fitting with multiple shaft options with the Taylormade fitter of the year the past 2 years. If any of you guys want customized feedback or have any questions, today is a great day to get that out there.

While none of us at the TM Ultimate Testing will be receiving a SLDR, many of us will be undergoing a full fitting with multiple shaft options with the Taylormade fitter of the year the past 2 years. If any of you guys want customized feedback or have any questions, today is a great day to get that out there.

That's awesome! Would be interested to hear the difference in your spin numbers compared to your current driver.

That's awesome! Would be interested to hear the difference in your spin numbers compared to your current driver.

I'm just going out on a limb here and saying its going to be low. I think I'm a high spin guy so I think it'll be a great combo (short lived at this point).

I'm just going out on a limb here and saying its going to be low. I think I'm a high spin guy so I think it'll be a great combo (short lived at this point).

I'm thinking it will likely be reduced as will.

Sorry if I missed this earlier in the thread but has anyone tried the White Tie in the SLDR? Low spin, high launch and more loft all seems like a happy combo to me! :)

I just have little chance of trying it out over here and would love to hear some feedback.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have not tried it, but I was fit for the Red Tie in it, with the 12* model.

Just wanted the SLDR fans to know that I posted a Miyazaki B Asha shaft with the TM sleeve for sale in the marketplace.

Back