I am guilty of a bunch of these.....well really all of these

THP Dictionary

Just finished my first Invitational in Branson. As Ms. Mojo and I drove home today, it occurred to me that I was suffering from PIDS: Post Invitational Depression Syndrome. Then it occurred to me that we have all kinds of slang in our wonderful sport. Many times these terms are unique to different parts of the country, or we come up with them in our weekly foursome.

This thread is an opportunity for you to share some of the terminology that only a THP'r would understand. Post up the term, the definition and use it in a sentence. It can be anything golf related, a type of shot, a type of player, something that only a golfer would understand or THP specific.

PIDS: Post Invitational Depression Syndrome

Definition: that feeling after an invitational that you just lost all of your best friends. You know that you will see them again though and they are just a post away.

Usage: "hello boss? Um yeah, I won't be in today. The doctor says I have an acute case of PIDS and I must stay home for the next 24 hours. Ya, it's contagious, but you should be fine. I'll be in tomorrow. Thanks for understanding."

What is your contribution to the dictionary?

J.

Merged with a larger thread.

Just finished my first Invitational in Branson. As Ms. Mojo and I drove home today, it occurred to me that I was suffering from PIDS: Post Invitational Depression Syndrome. Then it occurred to me that we have all kinds of slang in our wonderful sport. Many times these terms are unique to different parts of the country, or we come up with them in our weekly foursome.

This thread is an opportunity for you to share some of the terminology that only a THP'r would understand. Post up the term, the definition and use it in a sentence. It can be anything golf related, a type of shot, a type of player, something that only a golfer would understand or THP specific.

PIDS: Post Invitational Depression Syndrome

Definition: that feeling after an invitational that you just lost all of your best friends. You know that you will see them again though and they are just a post away.

Usage: "hello boss? Um yeah, I won't be in today. The doctor says I have an acute case of PIDS and I must stay home for the next 24 hours. Ya, it's contagious, but you should be fine. I'll be in tomorrow. Thanks for understanding."

What is your contribution to the dictionary?

J.

LMAO, so much for an original thought.:act-up: Thanks War.

Lol. Why did you quote your own post?

Lol. Why did you quote your own post?

Do we have a term yet for self-quoting? If we don't it could end up being Mojoing.:alien:

Somebody threatened to name it after me a long time ago. I've calmed down on the self quoting since then though. I wish I could remember who it was that said that or what thread it was in.

Bump so someone can add Miking to it.

Must know....what is this "Miking" you speak of :D

Blutrolled - Verb - To desperately seek negative attention. "I was bored, so I Blutrolled about Scotty putters today."

I used to think I was up to par on acronyms on the interwebs, but since being here I've had to google:

QFT
FIFY
FWIW

Might be another one or two I can't remember... :bulgy-eyes:

It took me the longest time to realize that FTW was not a disparaging comment about the state of society here on earth.

#WPF = Wedge Ponder Friday and takes place in the Equipment Pondering thread.

Did we add "Frogging" after the MC?

Taking one to the jimmy...

He's been frogged
Don't make me frog you, etc

I would like "Captain Collinberry" added.

Meanings:
1 - A drink that is greenish/yellow on the bottom and pink on top made of captain, collins, and cranberry
2 - Rickus, Dev.

Did we add "Frogging" after the MC?

Taking one to the jimmy...

He's been frogged
Don't make me frog you, etc

LOL, that would give Bullfrog 2 dictionary entries named for him....of course the first

Bullfrogging: Verb
1. Barf, Hurl, Vomit on the tee box

THP Dictionary

Is #OutingApproved in this thread? If not, it #shouldbe.

So many things in this threads crack me up.

Last edited:
#coersit - Not something you want to do. Such as showing up at the airport too late to board with all of your golf gear. Arrive early kiddies!

#coersit - Not something you want to do. Such as showing up at the airport too late to board with all of your golf gear. Arrive early kiddies!

Alternate definition: Showing up to the wrong golf course.

Back