Will There Ever Be Another Tiger Slam???

RNG

Reaction score
Handicap
Considering it's Masters week I thought I would ask a simple question. Will we ever see one golfer win 4 Majors in a row again? As the talent seems to get deeper and deeper every year, I say no.

What do you think?

It only happened once in the Masters era. I doubt it happens again.

Anything is possible but this is extremely improbable.

Given how long it was between Tiger's run and Bobby Jones' I'll say sure, but not for another 70 years or so.

Anything can happen. I think some of the better putters have the best chance at it but it would be extremely hard to do

Anything can happen but with the parity we are seeing today I don't think it will happen anytime soon.

I don't think so.

I think with the level of golfers we are seeing today, If someone wins 4 majors in a row, competing against a healthy field.......I think you give that guy the crown and shut down the tour, cuz that guy is the undisputed all time Champion of Golf. Ok...maybe not that drastic, but that person will be an amazing player.

It could be possible, great to witness again

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I just don't see it happening. The field is way too deep IMO. Where Tiger may have gotten by with his B game and still won tournaments, I don't see the guys playing today having the luxury of getting by with their B game.

I am going to yes we will see another streak of 4 majors in a row.
Just when we think we have seen it all we have not.
When? Who knows.

I would bet against it. So many good players in the field nowadays that it becomes harder to win. We aren't seeing many guys blowing away the field on a regular basis. One bad hole or small stretch of holes by someone takes them out of it.

Anything is possible, but with the level of talent on the PGA being what it is, I'm inclined to say no.

Yes. And Lydia Ko will have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've learned to never say never, and last year Jordan proved it's attainable with all the talent on tour. It's going to take a special season to get it done imo.

Eventually I think it happens. Inbee Park came very close in 2013 winning 3 straight.

I am going to say yes. With the confidence of "definitely" on the LPGA Tour, and "hopefully" on the PGA Tour.

That'd be a ton of fun to follow.

Not in my lifetime. It may be a while before we even see the career slam. Other than Tiger, only Nicklaus, Hogan, and Player have done it in the modern era. The only others were Bobby Jones and Sarazen.

No I don't think so, but if it does happen I hope Jason Day does it!

You can never say never, but for the mens game I think it is going to be very difficult for someone to do it with the talent that the top players have. I think it would take someone to have an absolutely bomb-proof game and probably a bit of luck for it to happen

I will be honest and say I don't follow the womens game quite as much so I wouldn't like to say for that

Yes! I think it will happen, and it will happen in the next ten years. It's true the talent is great and deep, but there will be one of these great young player who will rise to the challenge.

Later,

John

So many things have to happen for someone to be right on for all four majors. While I don't want to say no, I think it's unlikely. That being said if it's to happen again, we have 5 guys that could pull it off. JS, JD, AS, Bubba and RM. I also think Henrik could do it if ever breaks through and RF has an outside chance .

Considering it's Masters week I thought I would ask a simple question. Will we ever see one golfer win 4 Majors in a row again? As the talent seems to get deeper and deeper every year, I say no.

What do you think?

Didn't Tiger win it over the course of two seasons? Or am I thinking of something else he accomplished? I can see it happening, but like many have said if the majority of the fields stay healthy it would be very tough to win all four.

Didn't Tiger win it over the course of two seasons? Or am I thinking of something else he accomplished? I can see it happening, but like many have said if the majority of the fields stay healthy it would be very tough to win all four.

That's why is called the tiger slam. He held all 4 over two seasons

Back