Titleist 915 D4 Driver Preview

Kang that is such a beautiful club buddy. Have fun with that thing!!

Titleist put out the best drivers by far this year IMO. Trying to talk Jake into purchasing one. Glad you're bombing it. Not that you needed the extra distance.

Titleist put out the best drivers by far this year IMO. Trying to talk Jake into purchasing one. Glad you're bombing it. Not that you needed the extra distance.
Always need more distance :) this one is giving me good dispersion too, unless I put a bone head swing on it

Always need more distance :) this one is giving me good dispersion too, unless I put a bone head swing on it

Yeah there is no fix for the bone head swing. It. Sure is one sexy club though.

Installed a new shaft...
09be577c0be27e1e562ea419647d32fc.jpg
1433b6b56ea649e860403d729a347ce7.jpg

Started at a1 (9.5) and was hitting it really high. Set to d1 (8.75) and brought the flight down some but still Hugh flying bombs. Into the wind I was carrying almost to the back fence (GPS 290). Really excited to get this out to the course. I very close to pulling driver out due to hitting mini bertha so well but this gives me hope

Interesting..

I wonder if Titleist folks will cry out about releases if the 4 and 5 come to retail

nope, you would have to have a new driver make my breakfast, and mix my beverages for me to switch from my current 913 D3 driver!!!

This is all I need to hear......I'm going to try this driver asap.
It's designed with people who play a fade in mind :)

After watching you hit this bad boy buddy...I was in awe. Had to take a couple swings myself...oh my. Don't let this one go.

Kang - stop costing me money! Haha this one is now on my radar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's so good! Haha. Especially with this special edition black tie 6m3
5df05b4b5c7a251fb055211ae0027933.jpg

Stunning. Love that shaft

Installed a new shaft...
09be577c0be27e1e562ea419647d32fc.jpg
1433b6b56ea649e860403d729a347ce7.jpg

Started at a1 (9.5) and was hitting it really high. Set to d1 (8.75) and brought the flight down some but still Hugh flying bombs. Into the wind I was carrying almost to the back fence (GPS 290). Really excited to get this out to the course. I very close to pulling driver out due to hitting mini bertha so well but this gives me hope

That looks awesome, I just got fitted and the 8.5* 915 D3 with the Diamana Whiteboard was the best because I spun everything else too much and hit it too high. How do you like this compared to the D3 you've been playing? I was ready to pull the trigger on the D3 but would u recommend this more?

That looks awesome, I just got fitted and the 8.5* 915 D3 with the Diamana Whiteboard was the best because I spun everything else too much and hit it too high. How do you like this compared to the D3 you've been playing? I was ready to pull the trigger on the D3 but would u recommend this more?

I hit the 915 d3 9.5 with 3rd Gen whiteboard 70g x. Spun it about 2900 and launch was lower than I'd like at about 10 degrees. This d4 has some hot melt in it. Not sure if that is causing some difference but I'm launching the above combo (9.5 set to 8.75 with 6m3 tphde) much higher and definitely spinning less. Haven't been on monitor with it but on course I'm seeing about 275 to 280 carry. I really like it. I'd say definitely hit it for yourself

I hit the 915 d3 9.5 with 3rd Gen whiteboard 70g x. Spun it about 2900 and launch was lower than I'd like at about 10 degrees. This d4 has some hot melt in it. Not sure if that is causing some difference but I'm launching the above combo (9.5 set to 8.75 with 6m3 tphde) much higher and definitely spinning less. Haven't been on monitor with it but on course I'm seeing about 275 to 280 carry. I really like it. I'd say definitely hit it for yourself

Okay, thanks for the info. Is there anywhere you know of where I would be able to test it out? I can't currently afford to buy one straight from Titleist at that $650 retail, especially without ever even hitting it.

Okay, thanks for the info. Is there anywhere you know of where I would be able to test it out? I can't currently afford to buy one straight from Titleist at that $650 retail, especially without ever even hitting it.

There are some golfsmith that carry the demo. Other than that you'd have to dig around for titleist fitters

There are some golfsmith that carry the demo. Other than that you'd have to dig around for titleist fitters

Last question, I promise, but do you see any difference in forgiveness between the two?

Last question, I promise, but do you see any difference in forgiveness between the two?

Deeper face and slightly more compact head which I like. Definitely spins less but not earth shattering difference there. Is it worth the price difference? Haha I'm probably not the best to answer that. I like it so yes for me, only you can answer that for your self. I like the idea of having a driver that not too many will have though
How does the spin compare to the Fly-Z+?
I've not hit the fly z+ much so 8 can't tell. Sorry. Perhaps j4u can hop in and answer since he games fly z+ and has hit my driver a few times

Picked this up a few weeks back used (still pricey) as I couldn't get it out of my head. It was in very good condition so I couldn't pass it up. It was hot melted like Kangs was as well - head weight alone is 201 grams. Looks are really sexy- good depth to the face but not too much. Seems very much like it is between D2 and D3 size because it is. Results were interesting. I have it paired with my standard black tie. Out of the 4 times I hit it, 3 the drives were good, solid but noting earth shattering. The 4th however was one of the longest drives I've ever hit in my life. GPS 326 - slightly uphill hole. It was bonkers. Not sure it it was just lightening in a bottle or what but it certainly made me think as after the first few I was planning on selling it as nothing really stood out. Now I'm not sure.

Back