What are your personal thoughts on graphite iron shafts?

I've never tried them. I might give them a shot when I move to the senior tees in 20 years.
Even if they took the shock off of your joints and you could still play the championship tees in 20 years?

Even if they took the shock off of your joints and you could still play the championship tees in 20 years?

I just don't tinker with irons much and until I start needing more distance, I don't see myself changing my stubborn ways. I've got bigger fish to fry which means my putting always needs work.

Believer. They have come a long way from the "old man" noodles of the mid 80s. My Aerotechs really help to dampen the impact on the joints as well as lessen the sting of mishits on cold days.

I'm the Fox Mulder of graphite iron shafts, which is to say I believe in them :p I think I've professed my love for the Aerotechs in my clubs more times than is healthy.

I don't care for the feel in irons.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What ddec said.

I will say that I can just as easily play steel in the right weight/flex though.

I'm playing graphite shafts now. I really don't even think about it, they basically play the same as some of the lighter steel shafts I've gamed.

I'd like to be a believer, but I've never really hit them. Mostly cost and availability issues for me.

I've demoed a few and I'm fine with steel. However, I wouldn't have any issue gaming graphite shafts in my irons if there was an improvement for my game.

Straight forward, what are your thoughts here? Believer? Still a skeptic? What is it?

I would game them in a heartbeat but they are currently not affordable.

I'm always paranoid that the graphite shafted irons will break when hitting into the turf . Driver I have no issues with graphite , but for some reason with irons it is different . Im just afraid with faster swing speeds they won't last when beating down on a ball

I'm always paranoid that the graphite shafted irons will break when hitting into the turf . Driver I have no issues with graphite , but for some reason with irons it is different . Im just afraid with faster swing speeds they won't last when beating down on a ball

They are used on Tour and have a number of wins in the last couple years.

Switched to graphite a couple years ago and haven't looked back. I think once the price comes down a bit more, you will see them used by more people. I made the switch to combat pain and soreness. They have helped immensely.

Aerotechs came in the J40 DPCs I picked up from MD441 not long ago and I'm loving them. Had one of my best ball-striking days of the year last weekend with them in the bag. I would have laughed at you in the face if you had said I'd be gaming regular flex, graphite iron shafts a year ago. Hope to try the Recoils one day.

Believer based on other folks' experience & feedback. I wish the price would come down some though. I'd like to do some experimenting of my own.

Its not that Im not a believer, but I just haven't hit a graphite shaft that I love.
I also love my Dynalites and PXi's so I see no reason to experiment with a more expensive option.

Believer! The Recoils in my Apex Pros have convinced me. Plenty of backbone to handle my swing, they feel great, and they look sexy as hell!

I have tried them in various stock offerings and find them to be too light. I understand some of the higher quality/priced shafts come in heavier weights. I would not hesitate to buy them but would not likely pay the premium for the high end graphite iron shafts at this point.

Absolutely a believer. After replacing PX's with Aerotech's my body is loving them. Feel is awesome and I can't believe the accuracy. Pricey? Sure, but I have much more pain free fun. I will never go back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was a hater until I was introduced to the recoils proto 125's now I'm a total believer. Quality graphite shafts have all the pluses of steel with none of the minuses.

I'm a believer. Would love to try out a bunch of different versions of graphite as I've only hit a few

Today will be my last round with steel shafts ever. Wrists and hands hurt like a mother

Back