What are your personal thoughts on graphite iron shafts?

Jman

Golf Scrivener
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Straight forward, what are your thoughts here? Believer? Still a skeptic? What is it?

believer. Would love for price to come down.

Great for the body and just as accurate as steel, just wish I found one I liked. Also, cost as mentioned.

Believer and user. They have come such a long way that people may not prefer them but no one should be totally avoiding them.

If I found one I loved (I haven't looked because they're too expensive), I'd game them in a second

Believer. I'd love to give them more of a go, but it will probably be a while. Unless next time I'm looking for irons I find a good deal on a used set (which will still probably be a while).

i'm a believer. I put the Recoils in play this year and not only have my joints thanked me, but I never saw a drop off from my KBS steel shafts I used last year. Technology is there to make them play like steel, yet offer the benefits of graphite. Can't see myself going back.

Believer, but out of my price range. Maybe my next new set will have some

I like them. I am playing a set and I really Like the feel of them. Would like to give a "better" set a try but the $$$ isn't there at the moment

Believer. I am frustrated that they aren't easier to find outside of custom fittings and online.

I am a believer, the manufacturing process has improved so much as far as consistency from shaft to shaft. I would consider a heavy weight graphite like the Program line if they weren't so expensive.

I would like to try some heavier ones. The lightweight graphite shafts I tried were far too light for me. Seems like anything under 100g and my swing starts getting pretty squirrelly

I haven't used them for my irons and not sure if I would go that direction anytime soon. I do believe they work for people. I play with guys that use them and when they switched from steel to graphite they hit the ball better.

I am intrigued by the Recoils though. I have only messed around with them for 15-20 balls in the Apex Pros and was impressed.

I haven't hit a ton of them but my experience so far is mixed, I enjoyed them but there was not enough noticeable difference to merit a change.

As I'm currently playing them with a huge mental block, I'll go with...I'm still skeptical.

Firm believer. Can't see owning another set without them.

Recoil are the real deal, nothing I tried came close.

My fitter gave me a demo head on a KBS 90 steel shaft and another head on a wishon graphite shaft and I am warming up to the graphite. Plus its cheaper if I build a set with them.

believer. Would love for price to come down.

Might thoughts as well. I owned Callaway X12 irons years ago with graphite, and they were ok, but that was some time ago. If the cost would come down a little, I would love to go back.

Firm believer. Having played some kind of sport for most of my 61 years, graphite shafts have significantly reduced the shoulder and elbow pain I was getting after a round. It did take a bit of time to get used to them though.

Gamer and believer! I really do enjoy the feel I get with my Recoils. Soft is a bad way describe so I'll use the term, anti-harsh.

The shafts don't penalize on miss hits with reverb but perform like a strong steel with good delivery. Not as smooth as KBS but not as harsh as a DG plus.

believer, but the irony is that I believe pure per unit cost wise, graphite is actually cheaper than steel...but the lack of adoption and lower sales make the total cost more expensive because of the fixed manufacturing and R&D costs. At least that's one theory I've heard which makes sense to me.

Believer! And concerted this year to them and absolutely love them. The quality and selection of today's graphite shafts is nothing like it was a few years back.

I'm a believer. Currently gaming steelfiber and they are amazing. Plenty stable for me and I've gained a club in length

Back