Renewing or joining in 2015 or not

golfinFF

Reaction score
Handicap
21.9 oob
Whose renewing their memberships for 2015? If your not why?

Are you gonna join a course for the first time this yr or change courses? Why now/ why the change in course?

No member ship this year.

Doubt I do anything next year either. Just haven't found a public or private place I want to commit to. Plus with all of the events I wad gone quite a bit anyhow

I'm staying with my course as it has everything my wife and I need in a golfing environment. Plenty of challenge, great condition, and close proximity to my home. Not to mention a great bargain to say the least.

There's really only one club in town, and while it's reasonably affordable I don't want to tie all my golfing money to a single course. Looking forward to squirreling away some money and using it to play a bigger variety of courses in 2015.

You must had seen my other post today! Ha!! Kiddos are in more activities so sadly it's hasta la vista to the country club.....for now.

I would love to join a club at some point. Right now, college for my daughter, local league and of course as many THP events as I can possibly handle make a club membership sort of a low priority. Maybe when I retire....

JM

I'll be renewing at my club. I really like it and it is one of the best deals around.

As of now no membership next year. Would like to find a course that has good facilities and a reasonable price. Might wait til 2016.

I may join a new club this year, especially since I am changing jobs and won't be driving out new my current club much any more.

I'm not gonna renew my course membership I will keep my range membership for sure.

I just don't have the time to play enough to justify the course membership I do however use the crap out of the range and some things maybe in the works to improve it.

You must had seen my other post today! Ha!! Kiddos are in more activities so sadly it's hasta la vista to the country club.....for now.

Won't lie cause I was think about this topic as I tried to figure out how many mor rounds I can get in before they close up for the season. Then I saw your post and decided to start a thread.

I've never had a membership before because I've always gone the golf league route--and being in 2 leagues a summer (taking 2 days a week away from a membership course) it didn't make sense to have one.

That isn't so much of a deterrent anymore, and now I flip-flop on a membership EVERY fall. If I could just get ddec to pop on a buy one/get one deal....

I'll be rejoining my club next year. Some of my long term goals make me. I don't have to but I have a goal come June.

I am considering a summer membership this year. We can't swing the whole year right now.

1. With my job I can't play enough (25-30 rounds a year)
2. When I do play I like to play different courses. There are 6 courses I like to play "regularly" in my area.

Hopefully a new membership at a new course. It will all depend on how the courses fare in the spring..... hopefully no flooding!

Already switched to a much better course. Had a very good deal going on if paid for before December 31st. Maddog and I jumped on in September becsuse we get the rest of this year included. $625 a piece for Maddog and I for the rest of this year all of 2015 and a punch card worth 50 18 hole cart rides.

I'm joining for the first time because it's such a good deal it doesn't make sense not to

Have not finalized my plans for next year. I applied to a new club, great golf, but far from my house. Work schedule is changing Jan 1. Didn't play enough golf where I am a current member.
So the short answer is "I don't know."

No membership for me. Our public courses have a weird membership where it's a yearly membership for either $635 for a Mon-Fri pass or $800 if you want to add weekends. After initial membership it cost $6 per round on weekdays and $7 on weekends. Carts and range balls are not included and are regular price. You get to play 5 different courses but I don't play enough to make up for the initial investment.

No club this year, but when Bubby hits two the wife says we can sign up with the CC 0.5 mile away. For them, the pool. For me, golf.

I love my wife.

Sent from my SGH-T599 using Tapatalk

I'll be renewing, my course is one of the better deals around; $1,800 for unlimited golf but I have to pay for a cart if I want one. It's open year round and always in great condition. If I don't renew there is a 5+ year waiting list to get back on.

Not joining a club. I like to play different courses so my cap travels.

Also, don't have the money to commit to one right now.

Would like to find a great practice facility place and do that though.

Mine renews in the summer and I will be doing such next July. Only two courses within 30 miles from my house and the other one is too rich for my blood. If I joined that one, I wouldn't be able to afford to attend THP events or support my SeeMore addiction,

No membership for me. Our public courses have a weird membership where it's a yearly membership for either $635 for a Mon-Fri pass or $800 if you want to add weekends. After initial membership it cost $6 per round on weekdays and $7 on weekends. Carts and range balls are not included and are regular price. You get to play 5 different courses but I don't play enough to make up for the initial investment.

I use this. Tho this year I didn't put it to good use because of my back problems. But it doesn't go by calendar year, it goes by when purchased. Mine expires next June.
I like that its for 5 courses & replay is free except for carr rental which I believe is $6

Back