2016 Fitness and Workout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sent Rip a tweet, he usually responds or someone will. I will find something. Can't go 2 weeks without.
There's a SSC in Maui. I'm sure there's a golds or something in Honolulu at least.

I need to find a way to get more clean protein in my diet.

[video=youtube;Elyh-K-xS_I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Elyh-K-xS_I&sns=em[/video]

I sent a tweet to my sister. She's a raw food chef among other things and will steer me in the right direction.

Really not too hard, tons of easy sources. I get around 200g a day. Pm me and I can give you a list if you want.

Really not too hard, tons of easy sources. I get around 200g a day. Pm me and I can give you a list if you want.
Post the list! (please)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Pm sent. But as Sudesh suggested can you post it in here.

I can do a breakdown of exact amounts if you guys want and on different days but today my protein will come from

Oatmeal - 2 packs, I like the high fiber kind and also put half a scoop of whey in

Milk - 4 or 5 cups

Turkey meatloaf - 6 - 8oz

Trail mix - 1 cup

Greek yogurt - 1 small container (cup?)

Organic granola - 1/2 cup

Grilled chicken sandwhich

Whole grain brown rice

Bananas - 2

Whey shake

Protein bar

I'll have an apple, orange and some spinach but I think the protein is minimal.

Combined will equal about 200g. Now it does take some prepping so I guess I shouldn't have said its "super easy" but it's easy enough when planned. I switch out my meats and such but mostly have a combo of those different things and it adds up pretty fast. Milk certainly plays a big role tho

I try to limit my whey to about 2 scoops max to try and get the protein from other sources. I also dont have the protein bar often because some are kinda gross lol Ill usually eat more chicken, turkey or pork on those days. Or perhaps some more nuts

Edit: I wouldn't advise putting milk or chicken in your desk hahahaha but I just use the fridge at work.

Cool! Thanks for the ideas. :)

Cool! Thanks for the ideas. :)

Sorry I hope I didnt hype it like "ive got all sorts of awesome ideas" hahaha I just kinda have this little routine and it becomes pretty easy to hit a large number of grams. Not the most exciting thing I guess lol

Had a solid workout, I'm back to combining 2 muscle groups and seeing how my body is going to feel with the coming golf season.
Did shoulders/back 4x8.

Deadlifts @280 ( it was a mistake on the math as I only wanted to 60% of max opposed to 70%, it was a grind but I made it through all reps)
OH press @75

BB rows, Shrugs, Lat pull downs, and DB Rows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been pretty hectic around the house lately and haven't been to the gym as much as I've wanted, coupled with my shoulder being in pain. It bothered me so much that I went to the doctor today for a second opinion. The shoulder joint seems to be OK, but she's said the pain is most likely stemming from bicep tendonitis, not so much that posterior capsule (even though it is an issue too).

She's got me on naproxen and an anti inflammatory cream as well. Told me to take a little bit of time off of lifting and see if that can clear it up.

I still want to get into the gym though and it sucks I won't be able to lift heavy, but I'll take this time to work on cardio with hockey playoffs and golf season coming up.

I try to limit my whey to about 2 scoops max to try and get the protein from other sources. I also dont have the protein bar often because some are kinda gross lol Ill usually eat more chicken, turkey or pork on those days. Or perhaps some more nuts

Edit: I wouldn't advise putting milk or chicken in your desk hahahaha but I just use the fridge at work.

I have these great little containers and a cooler bag I use but when it's cold out I just leave it in the car because it's closer to my office than the fridge is. hahaha.

I'm going through 4 litres of 2% every 2.5 days my milk budget is off the charts and now has been cut in half. hahaha

c2298d2506402694671ba2abc1911752.jpg

The metcon2 came in.

The metcon2 came in.

Interesting. They look very light

Interesting. They look very light

My wife did the Nikeid and let my kids pick the colors. They are light, the material isn't really a fiber feels almost like a thin plastic to be very durable.

The metcon2 came in.

I've always been intrigued by these. They don't look like a weightlifting specific shoe, but they do look comfortable

I've always been intrigued by these. They don't look like a weightlifting specific shoe, but they do look comfortable

I don't think they are labeled as a "lifting" shoe but more a training shoe. Geared more towards crossfit I believe.

I don't think they are labeled as a "lifting" shoe but more a training shoe. Geared more towards crossfit I believe.

Yes, I believe you're right.

Leg Day Today:
- Squats
- Barbell Lunges
- Calf Raises
- Leg Extensions
- Leg Press

I hate leg day, but understand the necessity

I did have a good work out today. Cheat 4x8

Bench @135(60% of max)

DB incline, DB Flys, DB bench, cable cross high and low, hanging knee raises, hanging hollow holds, elbow tap planks.

Being I passed all my goals when I started out, I have set a new goal of hitting 1000 lbs total lifts. I'm at 950 now, idk where the 50 lbs is going to come but I'll get there. Bench is my hardest, and find the gains there minimal, so I think I need to figure out something there.

Presses. Deads. Lat Pulldowns. Little pinky isn't 100% yet. I hate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back