1st Contest - The 2016 Grandaddy of Em All - The All Expenses Paid Trip of a Lifetime

It's hard to explain, and even harder to stop trying to explain haha!

Just imagine a spot on the Grandaddy, trying to explain exactly what THP and Callaway are doing for a group of golfers. I've done it a few times now (like.. 30ish), and most of the time I get a fairly bewildered stare and a laugh.

I think until it's experienced, the Grandaddy is just one of those life experiences that cannot be adequately weighed and measured until you've lived it.

Thanks Capadan!

It's true! I can't explain and they can't comprehend that they would do this for us mortals...

I just hope to be a part of it and enjoy the ride...

Just imagine a spot on the Grandaddy, trying to explain exactly what THP and Callaway are doing for a group of golfers. I've done it a few times now (like.. 30ish), and most of the time I get a fairly bewildered stare and a laugh.

I think until it's experienced, the Grandaddy is just one of those life experiences that cannot be adequately weighed and measured until you've lived it.

Its why I put Jason Finley on the spot with that very question on THP Radio. How do you explain it.

He put it really well.

Wait till you get the "dont you have to claim it all on your taxes?" question. Thats always fun to answer

Its why I put Jason Finley on the spot with that very question on THP Radio. How do you explain it.

He put it really well.
I love how he pointed out that there is just so much involved with the event that you cant buy. Anyone can go buy all the gear, but you cant buy what that gear means. You cant just spend the day at ECPC and have lunch with the big brass of Callaway Golf, tour of Callaway HQ, Hideaway... the list goes on

Wait till you get the "dont you have to claim it all on your taxes?" question. Thats always fun to answer

Or the are you sure its not a scam? LOL

I didn't get a chance to go back and listen to both of the podcasts again so I will be trying to get that done tonight so that I can get my entry in

From what I have read in the previous event threads, I am not sure what is the best part of this......I am kinda leaning away from the gear and towards those supposedly amazing breakfast sliders that everyone couldn't stop talking about, so I guess I will have to make the team so I can give them a try :D

If they are that good, can I request any clothing in the next size up..... :alien:

I love how he pointed out that there is just so much involved with the event that you cant buy. Anyone can go buy all the gear, but you cant buy what that gear means. You cant just spend the day at ECPC and have lunch with the big brass of Callaway Golf, tour of Callaway HQ, Hideaway... the list goes on

Just makes you feel like an absolute rockstar.

It would be great to be part of this experience! I get jealous reading all the inputs from the fortunate ones who have attended. I want to be part of that club but it's pretty exclusive!!

Words can't describe how it would feel to be able to experience this first hand. I have followed along with each and every one of these. I would love nothing more than to add my name to the list of fortunate THP'ers whom have been able to live this journey. Plus there is nothing more that I want to do then to bring that belt home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love your enthusiasm, guys.

It brings me a lot of excitement knowing that we're going to be putting together a team of genuinely pumped up people to take on the Zoo Crew powerhouse.

I love your enthusiasm, guys.

It brings me a lot of excitement knowing that we're going to be putting together a team of genuinely pumped up people to take on the Zoo Crew powerhouse.

Enthusiasm...???? Where.....????

If I start swimming now I may be able to make it across the water in time for the event

Does that count as enthusiasm? :D

For those that have been, what was your favorite part of the whole Grandaddy experience?

Enthusiasm...???? Where.....????

If I start swimming now I may be able to make it across the water in time for the event

Does that count as enthusiasm? :D

If you aim for the mid-east I can pick you up at the Outer Banks and take to you the nearest airport. For the low low price of a piece of swag from the event (if I don't get in), I'll even pick you up at the airport and take you back to the beach for your swim back.

How's that for enthusiasm? :alien:

For those that have been, what was your favorite part of the whole Grandaddy experience?

Two things stand out.
1. The first time THPers are around the Zoo Crew in Grandaddy environment and realize the integration and conversations are the same as they are on THP.
2. Two dinners. First before we play golf and have the enthusiasm ready to go. Second after the first day, where the competitive juices are there.

Well finally home from the Masters and now can send in my answers to hopefully be one of the very lucky chosen ones. Seeing Hideaway and Augusta golf course in the same year would be a dream come true.

It's an honor to be a part of the event. It's something that I've been able to share with a number of people and even now, I still can't believe I got to do that. My favorite experience was how quite the bus got as we first got a good look at The Hideaway. Doesn't matter if its the ZooCrew, youself or another THP'er. It's very much what I imagine it would be like driving down Magnolia Lane knowing you're there to PLAY in The Masters. In my mind, this is our Masters, this is our Major.

Easy answer...everything!

A couple things stand out

The ECPC
The bus ride to the desert, getting to know the Zoo Crew and the genuine excitement from everyone
Dinner after golf day 1, awaiting singles pairings

:joy:I have way too much enthusiasm for this event. I kid not saying I would consider taking a job leave of absence to prepare and train if I were selected. Now that would have other dire consequences, but at this point I might call those lower priority. The Granddaddy, from where I sit, symbolizes all the qualities that make me love golf combined into one package. Having the shared experience with other THPers and Callaway would be right up there with life experiences like taking my own boat down the Grand Canyon, exploring paleo fire and indeigenous culture in Tasmania, listening to wolves howl 360 around me for at least 30 min while backpacking in Yellowstone, and skiing a 4000 ft 40-45+ deg couloir where falling was not an option. This one pushes the right buttons.

I can't pin point 1 favorite thing. So I'm going to answer like this.

For the Equipment Junkie: You get to go to ECPC and pick out virtually any set of clubs you want, oh and have them fit for your game. Think kid in a candy store. Not to mention those clubs get put in to play the very next day.

For the "insider": Not only do you get to spend 3 glorious days with Callaway Marketing, but you have time with Roger F'n Cleveland, the R&D Team, oh yeah and Chip Brewer the CEO. Any kind of inside knowledge that this person wants to gain, can easily get some of that by chatting it up with this crew.

For the Golf Course Snob: The Hideway, enough said.

For those who like camaraderie: Team meals throughout the week, 2 long bus rides(which are a blast), range time, time to relax over drinks, and get to know everyone.

Oh and for the Foodie: Breakfast Sliders.

Last edited:

For the Equipment Junkie: You get to go to ECPC and pick out virtually any set up clubs you want, oh and have them fit for your game. Think kid in a candy store. Not to mention those clubs get put in to play the very next day.

For the "insider": Not only do you get to spend 3 glorious days with Callaway Marketing, but you have time with Roger F'n Cleveland, the R&D Team, oh yeah and Chip Brewer the CEO. Any kind of inside knowledge that this person wants to gain, can easily get some of that by chatting it up with this crew.

For those who like camaraderie: Team meals throughout the week, 2 long bus rides(which are a blast), range time, time to relax over drinks, and get to know everyone.

I love that breakdown Dean. Well done

Nice breakdown dean. It it Monday yet?

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

For the Equipment Junkie: You get to go to ECPC and pick out virtually any set of clubs you want, oh and have them fit for your game. Think kid in a candy store. Not to mention those clubs get put in to play the very next day.

Probably one of the most exciting posts so far!!! Excellent post!!! THANK YOU!

If you aim for the mid-east I can pick you up at the Outer Banks and take to you the nearest airport. For the low low price of a piece of swag from the event (if I don't get in), I'll even pick you up at the airport and take you back to the beach for your swim back.

How's that for enthusiasm? :alien:

Sounds like a good deal to me :alien:

I didn't get to meet Rodger Cleveland. Hell I barely got enough numbers to make a somewhat logical choice, but I would trade it for the world. All of what you say is true and it happens in 4 glorious days and something you remember for the rest of your life.

Dean....just stop it.....you are making me hungry just thinking about them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :stop:

Back