Nail polish has held up fine for me been a month and i clean my clubs weekly

No. Cleaned the paint out great. The only container of enamel paint was in a small paint can. They shook it at the store and mixed it. Got home and figured another shake was in order. The lid wasn't pushed on, the paint lid flew off, completely covering me, my clubs, bag, vehicle and house with Rickie Fowler orange paint............... Awful

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Amazing how much further a little paint goes when spilled rather than applied with a brush! Glad you got it mostly sorted.

Did you have some left to do the fill job or had you had enough of paint by the time you cleaned up?

Nice thread and thanks! Brings back memories of my model building days.

How do the $2 paint bottles from Golfsmith hold up? How many paint fill jobs are they good for?

Have never seen the paint at GS but that size bottle will last a while. You are only using a little bit at a time.

Have never seen the paint at GS but that size bottle will last a while. You are only using a little bit at a time.

Thanks for the reply but I was referring to the paint applicator bottle with the needle pictured in the 1st post of this thread. I like the idea of not using a brush

I use a cocktail stick or some special fine model makers pointed qtips. Just drop in and let it fill, very easy to control amounts too.

I always use a safety pin when usin Testors paint

Wish me luck, boys, I'm goin' in...

2azyzyqa.jpg

Tapped from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not too bad for first attempt. All those art lessons growing up must still have some use. Got ambitious and did my J40's in addition to my Seemore FGP Tour. The blue/teal matches the Feeltech teal grip perfectly. Love it. The Jags may look crappy on the football field but the teal, gold and black will look good on the course.

jytemy9u.jpg

uretumu4.jpg

ry2ebasu.jpg

Looks good now remember you have 11 more clubs in the bag.

Looks good now remember you have 11 more clubs in the bag.

I'm already thinking about the numbers on my R9's. :)

Painted this Nike wedge and a different one the same way. All the coloring before was red and black and I painted it maroon and gold (my school colors). I'm really pleased with them.

hu3eme2y.jpg
mequ4u4e.jpg
vyby5aqu.jpg
8yvazaba.jpg
ujahepyp.jpg
jedy8ehe.jpg

Watch out for those putter inserts and milled faces boys and girls, spoiled the face of my putter last night, today will be an exercise in salvage..... :D

Paint Fill Tools

Last night I was painting the bottom part of my Si4 and I made the stupid decision of letting it dry over night. I used acrylic paint and I went to wash it off a few minutes ago with nail polish remover and a paper towel and it didn't work. Do you guys have any suggestions that I can try and get it off with?

Last night I was painting the bottom part of my Si4 and I made the stupid decision of letting it dry over night. I used acrylic paint and I went to wash it off a few minutes ago with nail polish remover and a paper towel and it didn't work. Do you guys have any suggestions that I can try and get it off with?

Mineral Spirits.

Here is my first shot at paint filling a club. Tried it out on my Scotty.

Before:
s_before.jpg

After:
s_after.jpg

Got new paint, ready for attempt 2 tonight, gonna restrip the paint then paint them orange.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Scotty looks much better with the blue.

Blue paint fill looks awesome on that Scotty!

+1 on that. I reallly like that.

Thanks guys! I'm pretty pleased with the way it turned out. After I stripped the original paint, I did all the re-paint with a toothpick and Testor's model paint, wiping the excess off with acetone. It may have went faster with a paint fill bottle and needle, but all in all, it really wasn't that tedious. Key thing for me was to be patient enough to leave the paint on for about 5 minutes before taking a paper towel with acetone and slightly wiping across the blade to get the excess paint off.

First off, paint fill on an Odyssey putter is a nightmare to get off. Eventually used Citrus Strip and toothpicks to get it all out. Then filled in with blue & orange paint pens.

megs.jpg

n7r0.jpg

Nice work guys!

That Scotty looks good!

Back