The Official Tiger Woods Thread

Imagine that conversation, Freddy.

"I think my ball just oscillated, but I'm not sure if it moved at all. I really don't think it moved, if I had to guess."

The rules official would just wonder why he was there. If Tiger didn't think it moved, what would the official be able to tell him other than hit the shot??

I'm sorry I don't buy it. You know before you touch anything on unstable ground that it may move. I have never run into a situation where I was unclear if the ball moved. His hand movement tells me he knew it moved. He paused right after it dropped and didn't touch anything else. What he didn't count on was the camera getting in colonoscopy close with the zoom.

The rule was broken. But I still don't believe people should be allowed to call in rules issues.

I'm sorry I don't buy it. You know before you touch anything on unstable ground that it may move. I have never run into a situation where I was unclear if the ball moved. His hand movement tells me he knew it moved. He paused right after it dropped and didn't touch anything else. What he didn't count on was the camera getting in colonoscopy close with the zoom.

That's not what I'm saying. Only Tiger knows if he really didn't think it moved. But you mentioned bringing an official in if he wasn't sure. I was simply saying that doesn't make sense, because if Tiger was saying it didn't move, there's nothing for the rules official to do. They don't have replay monitors.

The rule was broken and he got the correct penalty, no doubt. I wasn't debating that at all.

If you don't want to worry about the ball moving in the sticks, don't hit your ball into the woods. just how I feel about it.

From that angle, it is obvious that it moved. From above the ball, like TW was, maybe the ball moving from it's original position wasn't obvious. But, TW saw the ball starting to move, so he stopped moving the stick. Any golfer would have the same reaction.

Great tweet last night from Brian Gay's caddie
Kip Henley PGA loopr@KipHenley 15h If you have played competitive golf for more than 10 years and you have never called a penalty on yourself then odds are your a cheater!!

Kip Henley, your the best.

Tiger's never called a penalty on himself? Is that true?

Has he never really called a penalty on himself? If true, that's hilarious.

I just read an article in Golf magazine is talking about his course he designed that is opening next year. He was saying all the right things. If he is able to do all the things he is trying to do, he is going to design some very fun courses.

I just read an article in Golf magazine is talking about his course he designed that is opening next year. He was saying all the right things. If he is able to do all the things he is trying to do, he is going to design some very fun courses.

I always figured he'd be a good designer. I would love to play a Tiger course. I bet he thinks up some awesome stuff.

I always figured he'd be a good designer. I would love to play a Tiger course. I bet he thinks up some awesome stuff.

It'll be interesting to see a TW layout. Draw bias or fade bias, blind shots, no pine needles

The Official Tiger Woods Thread

It'll be interesting to see a TW layout. Draw bias or fade bias, blind shots, no pine needles

I wouldn't be surprised if the tee boxes have some undulation to them as well, to give the player the workability challenge as well

I wouldn't be surprised if the tee boxes have some undulation to them as well, to give the player the workability challenge as well

According to lots of threads here, that would tick a bunch of people off. Uneven tee boxes are a major complaint.

Based on what he was saying, I can't see that at all

According to lots of threads here, that would tick a bunch of people off. Uneven tee boxes are a major complaint.

They're not my favorite, but they do present a different challenge. If the whole tee box is that way, IMO it's not as bad as when it's like a hill here, valley there, launch pad over there

One of the courses he started I thought had undulating tee boxes like that. It might have been that one in Dubai that they just cancelled though.

Watching yesterdays round I saw a guy with a really sore or hurt lower back. Having been there I know all the moves you make to keep it from really hurting and Tiger was making them.
I hope he is getting the right kind of help for it because the two day turnaround this week is not going to help it any.

I've been a Tiger Woods fan since he turned pro, have to get that out of there. Am I the only one that thinks Tiger's lost his edge in big time tournaments? Sure he's won 5 times this year but hasn't featured in a major since who knows when? I'd love to see him win some more majors but really can't see it happening, I really feel he's going to be stuck where he's at.

I would flat out not play a course with undulating tee boxes. A tee box is meant to be FLAT, plain and simple. If you want people to move the ball off the tee then leave it up to their skill to do so.

I've been a Tiger Woods fan since he turned pro, have to get that out of there. Am I the only one that thinks Tiger's lost his edge in big time tournaments? Sure he's won 5 times this year but hasn't featured in a major since who knows when? I'd love to see him win some more majors but really can't see it happening, I really feel he's going to be stuck where he's at.

If he's still having back issues, this week was a wash before ever teeing it up. Sucks, but that's a summary of his year: brilliance and disappointment.

Also, I think an undulating tee box would be alright. I've played on enough bad ones with unplanned undulation that one made for it could be interesting. As long as the ball is below my feet. I'll be mad if it's above!

If he's still having back issues, this week was a wash before ever teeing it up. Sucks, but that's a summary of his year: brilliance and disappointment.

Also, I think an undulating tee box would be alright. I've played on enough bad ones with unplanned undulation that one made for it could be interesting. As long as the ball is below my feet. I'll be mad if it's above!

This is the only thing that makes any sense at all. Even when he's bad, he isn't this bad. He has to be hurting, but he isn't making any excuses, he's just going out and trying. To all of those who love to accuse him of malingering or inventing excuses, this one's for you :eyepoke:

This is the only thing that makes any sense at all. Even when he's bad, he isn't this bad. He has to be hurting, but he isn't making any excuses, he's just going out and trying. To all of those who love to accuse him of malingering or inventing excuses, this one's for you :eyepoke:

I am not a big fan, but he didn't fake the leg injury he had while winning a major.

He may be a lot of things, but a wuss isn't one of them.

My dad followed tiger on Friday and said he has never seen him play the way he did on those last couple holes. He felt that tiger just called it in, the passion ain't there.

When TW was on top he had no equal. Now he had plenty that will take it to him every week. If he is to beat jack he will have to play four flawless rounds. He died scare guys any longer, he know has to play great to win.

Back