TaylorMade Ultimate Club Testing - Live Update Thread

Geez guys! My 165 yard 7i feels very inadequate.

Here are my numbers from my fitting with Bob:

AP1s : 18.7 launch with 5623 spin for 191 yards.

SpeedBlades: 19.1 launch with 4742 spin for 201 yards.

Did I mention this was a 7 iron? Have never hit a 7 iron that far before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure I've never hit a 7i 190 before, either. Wow.

Really liking the numbers that I'm seeing, and the feedback is really positive as far as feel. I'm looking forward to swinging these.

Also, I may have missed it, but what shafts are in these?

I want to swing these next to my R9s. If they feel like the R9s and I see distance gains like you guys, they will be a win.

This I have to see. I am hoping its with the SLDR, but the SpeedBlades would be cool to.

Love hearing all the positive reviews so far. Is there anything someone doesn't like?

Yeah - I don't like that I'm not there to see this in person.

Jealousy factor is exponential right now. But really thrilled for you jerks down there. Have a blast!

Really liking the numbers that I'm seeing, and the feedback is really positive as far as feel. I'm looking forward to swinging these.

Everyone is hitting standard spec stiff shafts.

Either the launch monitors numbers are jacked up or I have to get these irons!

Just want to say what a great group of guys out here this weekend. An awesome time so far and it is just starting. Golf coming up this hour and then night golf after that.

Either the launch monitors numbers are jacked up or I have to get these irons!

I can assure you they are not and that is why people are hitting their own clubs at the same time.

Just the stock stiff 85 gram TM shafts.

I can assure you they are not and that is why people are hitting their own clubs at the same time.

I was just kidding. These sound amazing

I'm like ATL, so jealous right now. Sounds like everyone is having a good time and the clubs seem to be making quite an impression. Wish I were there!

TaylorMade Ultimate Club Testing - Live Update Thread

Just want to say what a great group of guys out here this weekend. An awesome time so far and it is just starting. Golf coming up this hour and then night golf after that.

Having Dave Cordero and Bob VanSweden here has been absolutely amazing and we are 12 very lucky 12 THPers.

Loading up on fluids and cannot wait to out these irons in action on the National course!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I have read this far, saying that I am excited to hit these in Vegas is a vast understatement.

Altitude killers perhaps? Lol

Im the big hitter in the two groups that I always play with and my 170 7i is looking pretty damn weak compared to some of these guys.

"I fit that shaft!"

To Canadan, from Bob VanSweden

umaharu7.jpg

Seeing pretty amazing results so far. Hit my 7 iron with Bob and the new speedblade back to back. With the diablo edge I was seeing a launch angle of 22* and 145 carry. With the speedblade I was seeing launch of 21* and 158 carry with 700 less rpm.

Just hitting the 4 iron without the launch monitor and it felt good, not too hard to hit. Just under 200 carry.

They feel smooth and extremely quiet. Very nice sound!

We will see how they do out on the course.

The fitting and education portion is officially done. Next up, some golf.

Geez guys! My 165 yard 7i feels very inadequate.

If you feel inadequate I feel like a total wuss with my 150 yd 7i! I really need to get a lesson and learn how to add some distance.

Sweet! Should be interesting to hear some on course thoughts on these.

I put better swings on the speedblades then my own. My launch was 2* higher and 15 more yards carry. That's possibly within the margin between a good swing and a meh swing.

I'll put up some comparison photos later, but at address these look really good next to my jpx 825pros

Great stuff! Watch out for this guy. I think I took this at the pond next to #8 on the International Course.

[URRL]
ChampionsGateGator.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I was skeptical about 85 gram shafts. I truly was, and while I have had a number of mediocre experiences with shafts that light.

All that said, these stood up to the challenge. Spin numbers that bested KBS tour x in my gamers, and improved distance.

I look forward to seeing how they react on course for accuracy. I was suggested to pair them with c-taper or PXi and I like the idea of that.

Back