TaylorMade Ultimate Club Testing - Live Update Thread

The pluffster!!!

20130914_103909.jpg

2F028505-D519-42A5-A802-544B46F7C69E-6533-0000029210B438D9_zpscd21589e.jpg

Golf4Life just getting after it. All Bob can say is: "Wow."

I want to hear about his carry numbers with these clubs.

No time on the monitor yet, but love the feel and the distance I am getting. Stiff flex when i normally play a regular.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:
7epyne4a.jpg
tpluff now getting fit

Taps away

Unfortunately I was able to beat Brett out by a single yard with a 7 iron. 193 avg compared to 178 with the burner plus. It goes long and straight.

6 iron burner 1.0
6 iron speedblades.
Gained 18 yards. Hitting these in the mid 160's
Launched 6 deg higher.
1300 rpm less*
Swing speed is 86 which is borderline for reg & stiff. Recommend stiff for slight loss in yardage but gains in accuracy.
My lie plate test (2 swings) I was right smack dab in the middle.
So, for me, the setup we are testing is ideal.*
Testing was with a flightscope.
More to follow on the course. I will also compare side by side with the r11 when I get home.
I feel really comfortable with these at address and the sound is just muted rink. It's not a high pitch ring.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4

Unfortunately I was able to beat Brett out by a single yard with a 7 iron. 193 avg compared to 178 with the burner plus. It goes long and straight.

Also lower spin and gained 3* in launch. Amazing stuff here.

Swing is finally coming around, after 2 hours....

PW is very good to me. Excellent height and poking it out there 135 yards, about 15-20 yards further than my current PW.

Taps away

this thread is full of awesomeness so far. Launch higher, spin less, big gains in distance. I need to try these

This is fantastic.

More great updates. Keep em coming!! Loving seeing the comparisons to what you guys have currently been playing.

Well these clubs are legit. They sound/feel awesome. They look good. The two tone burner 2.0 style works. They are at least as long as the altitudes, probably longer. Which means they are long.

I could play the stock shafts easily. Don't love the feel of the shafts but the numbers are excellent. 18.5 launch with 7 iron, spin under 5K.

I did my fitting. Compared older burners to the new Speedbladez, I gained 26 yards! 210 average with my 6 iron, 17.9 launch angle. Higher launch angle and more distance. Absolutely no complaints here.

Thanks for all of the information everyone! The distance gains posted are impressive. Manlai and I swing similar so I'd love to hear your numbers when you get them sir! Will continue to follow you guys!

J.

I'd love to hear Dans gains and numbers! He's probably most like me in terms of swing characteristics.

TTing

Ping i20 numbers:

18.7 launch; 4808 spin; 137 carry.

TaylorMade SpeedBlade numbers:

20.0 launch; 3172 spin; 156 carry.

Bob Van Sweden is just about the most awesome guy I've had the chance to talk to. He suggested stiff; - 1/4 inch; 1 degree flat; and lessons (he didn't actually say that, but I could see it in his eyes).

Ping i20 numbers:

18.7 launch; 4808 spin; 137 carry.

TaylorMade SpeedBlade numbers:

20.0 launch; 3172 spin; 156 carry.

Bob Van Sweden is just about the most awesome guy I've had the chance to talk to. He suggested stiff; - 1/4 inch; 1 degree flat; and lessons (he didn't actually say that, but I could see it in his eyes).

What iron? No concerns with the low spin and holding greens?

Seems a bit low imo, but I'm sure those guys know more.

Bob Vansweden: great fitter, even greater guy. So easy to talk to and so knowledgable, and I haven't even been fit yet!

I second that. Absolutely greatly guy and we are privileged to have him here with us.

O'Carroll getting fitted by Bob just a few minutes ago:

a3apazam.jpg

pajyqy4a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No joke, I hated how the rbladez felt when I hit them early in the season. The numbers were pretty good but I remembered them much worse just because of the feel.

These new speedblades are a new animal. The feel is completely different for me. I'm getting a good launch, a little more distance than my mizzies. Certainly my mizzies feel a little softer, but the speedblades are right near there.

On the crown graphics, they look great in hand. The two tone works well. The speed pocket is filled in, which gives a feeling of a more solid head.

Taps away

Here are my numbers from my fitting with Bob:

AP1s : 18.7 launch with 5623 spin for 191 yards.

SpeedBlades: 19.1 launch with 4742 spin for 201 yards.

Did I mention this was a 7 iron? Have never hit a 7 iron that far before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn! you guys can move the ball out there with your irons.

What iron? No concerns with the low spin and holding greens?

Seems a bit low imo, but I'm sure those guys know more.

7 iron. And will be able to answer your second question in a few hours.

Seriously there are some people who can move their irons.

Back