Best drivers of 2016 you've hit

Of the few I've had several opportunities to hit outside and really compare, I'd put M1 solidly out front. 816 DBD would also be a decent upgrade for me. The other three couldn't beat out my '14 Bio+; Mizuno JPX EZ, Srixon Z 545, and GBB, in that order. I'm still looking forward to getting a chance to test all the new Cobra offerings, both XR16s, M2, and the G lineup. The King LTD felt great but I only hit it inside at a store, so I can't really rate it yet.

King Ltd
816 dbd
Vapor fly pro
M1

I'm ashamed to say I haven't hit any yet, gotta change that soon.

So far my favorites have been.
M1 or King ltd. toss up
Xr
F6
And then way down the list is the ping G.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top 3....for now...Nike Vapor fly pro, M1, and Cobra F6+

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reading this list is killing me realizing how many drivers I want to try, but that I don't need to spend any more money on equipment...

F6
FGR
Ping G
M1 (my brother has one, going to hit it next week) & M2
XR16
XXIO Prime

Can't wait to hear what people think at Club Clash

M1
XR16 pro
King ltd

I've hit most of the new releases and these were the ones that stuck out to me.

For the lower swing speed playas like myself, you can't go wrong with the V series from Cally, and they are very affordable right now and just so easy to hit. I have hit many of the 2016 offerings and this club can hang with all of them for me. The M1 is also premo, which really makes me want to try the M2 with a slightly lighter swingweight and slightly lighter price tag as well. Then there is the Ping G. All great clubs and I can't wait to hit them all.

So far, Callaway XR 16...wanting to try the M2

XR16, XR16 Pro and the M2 have been my favorites so far. Need to hit the G again, was dealing with a wrist injury when I hit it and my results stunk. The reality is that I shouldn't have been attempting to hit balls that day.

816 DBD followed closely by the XR 16 pro. Both just fit me perfectly and the 816 is the longest driver ive had.

816 DBD followed closely by the XR 16 pro. Both just fit me perfectly and the 816 is the longest driver ive had.

+1 here, DBD is sneaky long. I'll add the King LTD is pretty good also.

This will change in a big way when Edwin Watts has their big demo day next month, but so far I've had a chance to try the GBB, M1, and the new G. None, with just stock shaft offerings, beat my current driver, but the demo day will have many after-market shafts to try so I should get a better read on options then.

Bridgestone JGR and Cobra LTD. Honestly there are over a dozen new drivers that I would be happy with.

Last edited:
I've hit the M1, GBB, King LTD and Bridgestone JGR and they were all great drivers. I don't think you can really go wrong with any offering, it's just what fits you and your swing the best. I think we are living in the golden age of drivers, there doesn't seem to be a bad option.

Man Club Clash is going to be awesome.
My favorite so far is the one in my bag below...But I have all of them and enjoy hitting all of them.

Sent my boss Jman's review of the GBB and put him in touch with my Callaway Fitting Studio guy that I used a few years back (has the TrackMan, etc.)...he said the review sold him and he is going to be picking one up soon, hopefully it works out for him given the recommendation I gave (not too much risk as he's a low single digit handi).

He was very impressed by the review as well, so kudos to Jman. I linked him to the testing thread but he's not much of a forum guy so I don't know how much of that he read, he was impressed at the number of posts made though.

XXIO Prime, hands down the winner and I only hit 1 ball! Should have have hit 10 more just to see if it was a fluke, but I think it was the real deal. Still on the look out for one.

It's weird I look at that price and think wow that's expensive, but last year I spent a bit more than that on drivers and shafts to try in them. Just have to adjust the mindset and get on the horse.

My current gamer is a Titleist D2 R-flex. I did buy a Cobra Fly Z just because I got a real good deal on one ($119.00), but it just doesn't have the pop that my Titleist has. Will be looking out for one.

XR 16'. I'm thinking Ping G driver will be close but so far XR 16' is top for me

XR 16'. I'm thinking Ping G driver will be close but so far XR 16' is top for me

The XR16 is a real winner, I also liked the Pro version in the hitting bay though with the regular XR16 shaft.

Sent my boss Jman's review of the GBB and put him in touch with my Callaway Fitting Studio guy that I used a few years back (has the TrackMan, etc.)...he said the review sold him and he is going to be picking one up soon, hopefully it works out for him given the recommendation I gave (not too much risk as he's a low single digit handi).

He was very impressed by the review as well, so kudos to Jman. I linked him to the testing thread but he's not much of a forum guy so I don't know how much of that he read, he was impressed at the number of posts made though.
Just seeing this, but its a needed smile on the day! Glad someone enjoyed it!

For me, so far.

1) GBB
2) LTD
3) F6
4) M1

Havent hit nearly as many as I'd hoped to have by this point.

1) M2
2) M1
3) LTD
4) 816 DBD
5) GBB

That's all I've hit of the 2016 offerings. The gap between the M2 and the field was quite large.

It's weird I look at that price and think wow that's expensive, but last year I spent a bit more than that on drivers and shafts to try in them. Just have to adjust the mindset and get on the horse.

It's strange that Dunlop can ask $799 for a driver and actually get that price and/or sell very many of them. I don't think any one manufacture has a secret recipe that makes a golf ball fly father. I have no problems with Dunlop or PXG charging $800 for a driver, I just wonder why Taylormade or Callaway hasn't figured out how to do it.

Back