The 2013-14 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Tennessee going to be wearing the same brown pants they wore last week?

Oh, they started out white?

Couldnt tell.

It's easy to talk smack when your not man enough to try and play against the big boys yourself.

And I was gonna be all civil like about the upcoming Auburn/Tennessee game... :alien:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

It's easy to talk smack when your not man enough to try and play against the big boys yourself.

And I was gonna be all civil like about the upcoming Auburn/Tennessee game... :alien:

We played Oregon in 2010....

Now it shows up.
We dont need combat gear after watching Tennessee play last week.
Signed,
UF Fan

It might (our might not) be a little better this week against the Gators.

Last week our 3 top WR's were out, 4 of our defensive linemen (3 starters), 2 (1 strarter) linebackers, 1 O-Lineman, our TE (starter), and our starting cornerback were all out due to injury.

Not a lot we can do when our entire team is decimated by injuries. Especially when we're not great to begin with and depth was a concern for this team even before all of these injuries happened.

What do you think the score would be if half of FSU's 2nd string played Oregon? :D

Last week our 3 top WR's were out, 4 of our defensive linemen (3 starters), 2 (1 strarter) linebackers, 1 O-Lineman, our TE (starter), and our starting cornerback were all out due to injury.

Not a lot we can do when our entire team is decimated by injuries. Especially when we're not great to begin with and depth was a concern for this team even before all of these injuries happened.

What do you think the score would be if half of FSU's 2nd string played Oregon? :D

I had no idea all those defensive players were out. I mean I know I saw them looking for jockstraps during the first quarter along the field, but assumed that stinkitus was not all that contagious. :D

And FWIW, I am pretty sure the 2nd string FSU squad beats Tennessee's starters. Although we will never know because you have to win a few games to get to a bowl game.

This used to be a good Rivalry when I was a kid. Now there's not much excitement when we play Rocky Top.

This used to be a good Rivalry when I was a kid. Now there's not much excitement when we play Rocky Top.

I can't wait until Florida goes back to playing football the way they did prior to the 90's. Give a team a couple decades of relevancy throughout their entire history and they think they're America's team...

Good thing we had some of the worst AD decisions in the history of college football, Kiffin getting us on probation and then bolting with our recruits, and then the god awful decision that was Dooley for the past three years to help the Gators win enough games to finally get ahead of us for the first time in our little rivalry.

Oh, BTW, we've been atrocious for a decade now and your Gators still haven't even caught up to within 100 wins of us and are still over a half a percentage point below is in winning percentage.

What has your team been doing with all of this time we've been trying to let y'all play catch up??? :D:blob::alien:

Wow, Colt had to go back more than 2 decades to discuss. Honest question, were you watching Tennessee back then?

____________________________________________________________________-

College football is funny. You hear "What have you done for me lately". Then the next breath says "But our history is better".

Wow, Colt had to go back more than 2 decades to discuss. Honest question, were you watching Tennessee back then?

College football is funny. You hear "What have you done for me lately". Then the next breath says "But our history is better".

To be fair, many Florida fans have NO idea they were basically irrelevant prior to Spurrier.

Colt's rant was still enjoyable.

To be fair, many Florida fans have NO idea they were basically irrelevant prior to Spurrier.

Colt's rant was still enjoyable.

Very true. And FSU used to be a girls school. Harvard was dominant and so on.
Doesnt there come a point when what matters is at least in the last 30 years?
It shouldnt stop school spirit mind you, that is what is great, but the flip flop of "You cant talk because you have stunk for 3 decades and are finally good" to "Well we were great for 3 decades and while we might stink for the last 30 years, we have more total wins than you" is over the top to me. Again just my opinion.

But I guess if you have absolutely stunk as bad as Tennessee has, you have to hang on to something. And the flip side of that is if you were completely irrelevant forever like Clemson or someone like that and now are good, then what? But truthfully, if you were a fetus when it was happening, does it really matter in the grand scheme of things during a debate about schools? :D

____________________________________________________________________-

I don't. I respect all schools history. I was amazed with the history of Marshall, FSU, Alabama, Oklahoma, etc. from the time I started watching or even caring about football. I would like to be on top right now, yes. But i know that history repeats itself. It's just a fact. This isn't the first time that UT has had a bad stretch and won't be the last. It's just part of the cycle.

And I started watching games and cheering for the Vols before I was even 10. I can still vaguely remember when Andy Kelly was our QB.

What has your team been doing with all of this time we've been trying to let y'all play catch up??? :D:blob::alien:

NOT MUCH!!!

History repeating itself.
UCLA
Tennessee
Miami
Nebraska
And the list goes on of schools still waiting for that to happen. :D

I should add that I am not downplaying anybody's choice in fandom. Its awesome to have a school to root for, enjoy the history and the present and most of all have a good time with it. Just wondering allowed of things that matter and dont.

Oregon made history of Tennessee Saturday! Does that count???

I should add that I am not downplaying anybody's choice in fandom. Its awesome to have a school to root for, enjoy the history and the present and most of all have a good time with it. Just wondering allowed of things that matter and dont.

What matters is that we have something to talk smack to other fans about... It's just good fun. That is all.

NOT MUCH!!!

That's cool. We have twice as many of those. Oh, and twice as many conference championships. Keep doing work.

See, JB, just like that...
And I'm sure he'll have a retort. I don't mind though. It's all in good fun.

Very true. And FSU used to be a girls school. Harvard was dominant and so on.
Doesnt there come a point when what matters is at least in the last 30 years?
It shouldnt stop school spirit mind you, that is what is great, but the flip flop of "You cant talk because you have stunk for 3 decades and are finally good" to "Well we were great for 3 decades and while we might stink for the last 30 years, we have more total wins than you" is over the top to me. Again just my opinion.

But I guess if you have absolutely stunk as bad as Tennessee has, you have to hang on to something. And the flip side of that is if you were completely irrelevant forever like Clemson or someone like that and now are good, then what? But truthfully, if you were a fetus when it was happening, does it really matter in the grand scheme of things during a debate about schools? :D

That's the best part, Florida loves to throw it in FSU fans face that they were irrelevant prior to Bowden. I think debating programs history is fair game, obviously it has no bearing on who will win this years championship. But it is still fun to tell Charlie Auburn is 34-12-2 against Clemson, and it still sucks that Alabama leads the series 42-34-1.

What matters is that we have something to talk smack to other fans about... It's just good fun. That is all.

That's cool. We have twice as many of those. Oh, and twice as many conference championships. Keep doing work.

See, JB, just like that...
And I'm sure he'll have a retort. I don't mind though. It's all in good fun.

OH BOY! I'll make sure and get my Grandpa to join THP, so you guys can talk history!

OH BOY! I'll make sure and get my Grandpa to join THP, so you guys can talk history!

And I'll get my friend who's a probation officer down in Florida (for real) to join. I bet y'all could discuss how your team keeps him in business!

And I'll get my friend who's a probation officer down in Florida (for real) to join. I bet y'all could discuss how your team keeps him in business!

Says the team on probation.
I love hearing schools like Tennessee discuss arrests and rules.

Says the team on probation.
I love hearing schools like Tennessee discuss arrests and rules.

Oh please. Lane Kiffin did that crap. Tennessee (at least they say they didn't) didn't know what he had done. And I'd say it stands a good chance with the way he bolted. He made a mess, like the turd he is, and bounced so he didn't have to be held accountable.

Oh please. Lane Kiffin did that crap. Tennessee (at least they say they didn't) didn't know what he had done. And I'd say it stands a good chance with the way he bolted. He made a mess, like the turd he is, and bounced so he didn't have to be held accountable.

True, but why again do they call it the Fulmer cup?

LMAO! I was just about to bring up the Fulmer Cup!

I know you like your history. Maybe if you and your friend make it to the game, you guys can see some recent history. ie: Heisman & BCS National Championships

Because Orson Swindle, a huge gator fan, made it up. It should be called the Razorback cup.

Tennessee isn't exempt, but that was a reaction from a Gator fan over an incident that occurred one time over a few month period. This is a opposed to Orson's own team who pulls this type of stuff year in and year out.

Of course somebody is going to try to deflect attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back