ForTheLovOf A Putting Green

ForTheLovOfGolf

Reaction score
Handicap
I've started my 8x12 putting green in my basement. Here are a couple pictures but it's made so I can expand it. It has a few different breaks in it but also a few straight putts. Have a lot to do still but will keep the updates.

fed51b6f352770983610186b852f84bc.jpg

788aa1a7055b87b4fd159df8b7aeec6e.jpg

c24a8b6baa16a2deaa22d4731d4b5e7d.jpg

Very cool. Wish you lived a lot closer. I can actually putt now......physically I mean :)

Wow, that's gonna be fantastic!!! Looking forward to more photos.

Dang, you're making my setup look bush league.

Wow, that's gonna be fantastic!!! Looking forward to more photos.

Dang, you're making my setup look bush league.

I hope it turns out good, so far I'm happy!!

Neb, what material did you use? I'm still debating what I want to use. Right now birdieball is at the top.

Looking forward to following the progress of this awesome project

definitely going to be watching this one, looks good Brian

ForTheLovOf A Putting Green

Very cool. I'm excited to see it upon completion.

Last edited:
Nice!!! That's gonna be so fun putting on a green with varying break from different angles.

Nice!!! That's gonna be so fun putting on a green with varying break from different angles.

That's what I wanted. I didn't want to have the same putt over and over. There is a couple putts I made straight to work on my line putting but most putts break some.

Curious. What sort of a green are you going to go with on it?

Looks really good so far!

Curious. What sort of a green are you going to go with on it?

Looks really good so far!

Thanks!

I'm still trying to figure that out. I have a request in for a few samples. I'm leaning towards BirdieBall but haven't completely decided yet.

Pretty awesome. After seeing yours I made it a point to finish mine this afternoon. Now to make time this week to roll some putts. While mine isn't as wide as I was able to add a small bit of break.

Pretty awesome. After seeing yours I made it a point to finish mine this afternoon. Now to make time this week to roll some putts. While mine isn't as wide as I was able to add a small bit of break.

That's great! Glad I could give you an idea or so for your green. I'd love to see the finished project. I'm hoping to get mine done in the next couple weeks. Practice makes perfect (almost) and it's the best thing you can do at home in the winter

That's great! Glad I could give you an idea or so for your green. I'd love to see the finished project. I'm hoping to get mine done in the next couple weeks. Practice makes perfect (almost) and it's the best thing you can do at home in the winter

Oh it had been sitting there half finished since Feb. I added sides today to keep the balls from rolling off and cut out the cups.

Oh it had been sitting there half finished since Feb. I added sides today to keep the balls from rolling off and cut out the cups.

The 10 month project....I know how that is.

This looks great, can't wait to see how it turns out!!!

I hope it turns out good, so far I'm happy!!

Neb, what material did you use? I'm still debating what I want to use. Right now birdieball is at the top.
I've just got a birdie ball on concrete. Maybe it is bush league... :alien:

I've just got a birdie ball on concrete. Maybe it is bush league... :alien:

Not at all anything to help you practice. How do you like the BirdieBall?

very nice

That looks great. just a question for you guys with the putting greens, do you find with practising on them that you find the line and it gets a bit repetitive?

That looks great. just a question for you guys with the putting greens, do you find with practising on them that you find the line and it gets a bit repetitive?

It might get repetitive but my feeling is Im still practicing my stroke. The more consistent I can get and more I feel I can start the ball on line the more putts I will make.

Not at all anything to help you practice. How do you like the BirdieBall?

It's good enough to keep me occupied in the winter and come out not putting like absolute garbage. It helps me work on a consistent stroke, which is good.

Back