Best location you ever lived in

Ole Gray

Mayor of the Woodshed
Reaction score
Handicap
Average
I loved Gray, GA with all my heart and soul. I was born and grew up in Macon, GA, however it never felt like home as Gray. I lived in Augusta, GA for several years. Awesome city to say the least! I loved Augusta too. My favorite city ever has to be Watkinsville, GA. Beautiful little town with everything you could ever want. We have lived in bigger homes and such but nowhere compares to where we live now. North GA is pretty in the fall, however our neighborhood is the prettiest place I have ever seen this time of year! So many gorgeous hardwoods it would blow mind.

Where is your favorite place you have called home?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hands down where I am now Raleigh NC I lived a few places across NY and spent a summer in Hawaii on a research trip however nothing compares to Raleigh for me.
Not the funniest place to visit as not a ton of tourist spots but such a well rounded place to live.

Japan, people are really friendly, it was super clean with almost no crime.
The weather was great and had all 4 seasons and it had loads of stuff to do.

Niceville, FL. Especially to raise a family. Very family oriented and top notch public schools. Plenty of golf and beaches nearby doesn't hurt matters either.

I have lived in 8 states and in several big cities ( Chicago, Tampa, Memphis) and my favorite place is in Searcy Arkansas. I fell in love with the outdoors and trout fished, duck hunted, mountain biked and climbed/repelled almost every day for four years. Arkansas is a beautiful state that is often overlooked.

Vancouver. The place is just fantastic. Food, culture, water, snow in the mountains, forests, fishing, etc. I still go there several times per year. The downside is the rain sometimes.

Southern California has great weather but it is highly overrated otherwise.

Grew up in a buffalo, spent time at Ft huachuca and Tuscon. Been in MD for 20 years. I love and miss the small town feel of Buffalo, mom and pop pizza shops, a close knit community we had growing up but being in the southwest U.S. Has been the best place I have lived. If I ever move to Raleigh are that will become my favorite place easily.

Grew up in a buffalo, spent time at Ft huachuca and Tuscon. Been in MD for 20 years. I love and miss the small town feel of Buffalo, mom and pop pizza shops, a close knit community we had growing up but being in the southwest U.S. Has been the best place I have lived. If I ever move to Raleigh are that will become my favorite place easily.
Come on down tons of us from buffalo :) I think we have five families just in our housing development. Have a few buffalo inspired restaurants as well:)

I've only lived in Kelowna, BC and Vancouver, BC.
Both are awesome places to live. The pace of life is nicer in Kelowna and during the summer it is THE best place on earth but the winter can be a bit harsh/long. Vancouver is so multicultural, so much do to and so beautiful everywhere you go and you can golf year-round with little difficulty. It's just really busy and you have to learn to deal with rain. Cost of living is through the roof here (700sq. ft apt = $750,000) so it's really tough to move here from elsewhere unless your jeans are lined with cash.

Man that's a tough one but I'd say Delray Beach Fl, I miss it terribly and in hindsight we let too many outside people and influences effect our lives there. The golf was heaven, the food was tasty, the beach was clean and water clear.

No doubt about it, Savannah, GA. Great food, great golf and some great people!

I have lived in Lewiston ME, Phila, DC, Miami, New Orleans, Pensacola, Jackson MS, Newport Beach CA and Phoenix.
I like Phoenix the best, New Orleans a very close #2. Incredibly different cities but both are terrific!

Key West, FL while in the coast guard. Great place to live at a young age. I currently reside in Palm Harbor, FL. A close second was fort lauderdale.

Pensacola, FL. We lived just north of I-10 and it was rather rural. Enjoyed all four seasons, even got some snow flurries from time to time. Beach was close too.

JM

Pensacola, FL. We lived just north of I-10 and it was rather rural. Enjoyed all four seasons, even got some snow flurries from time to time. Beach was close too.

JM
What part exactly? I'll be up there on Tuesday

Lived all over Florida and in Georgia, Kansas, California, North Carolina, Texas and New Mexico. Lawrence, KS is my favorite, and is the only place that feels entirely like home.

Colorado for the outdoors and scenery. But Chicago is my favorite place on earth and home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Woodlands, Texas. House was a stones throw from the TPC and there was phenomenal bass fishing at some local ponds. Good stuff.

I've lived all over the place.
Grew up in a small town outside of Milwaukee. Great working class family area back in the 60s and 70s...Nice place to grow up.
CT resident twice. Groton/New London area in the Navy, and then in Hamden years later as a civilian.We liked the Hamden area a lot but CT is way too taxy. But...great people and great pizza!!
Lived in New Orleans for 8 years back in the 80s right after the Navy. They should have just filled it with garbage and paved it over after Katrina hit. (sorry if you are a resident...nuthin personal) The crime was out of control, and the cops were even worse than the crooks. The weather sucks, and the natives there are some of the laziest, self-centered babies I've ever had the displeasure of being around. The good: I met my wife there, (she's from Atlanta) and the food there is unbelievable. If I still lived there, I'd probably weigh 600 pounds. In my opinion, those are the only redeeming qualities about the place. I like the rest of the state of LA...New Orleans is the bad spot.
8 years in Rock Hill, SC. Very nice little college town and close to all the shopping amenities, restaurants, etc.. in Charlotte. 2 hours from the mountains, 3 hours from the beach.
Spent a year in the Seattle area. The rainy season will take it's toll on you but the summers are spectacular! Great people, incredible outdoor activities. Absolutely the most beautiful place I've ever lived.
We've lived in Nashville twice and its currently where we live. Great nightlife, nice people, growing, and very cosmopolitan. No personal income tax. low cost of living. Great watersports, motorcycling, and plenty of nice golf courses.

My favorite? Hard to say but probably Rock Hill, SC. A nice balance of seasons, nice people, and as I mentioned, close to the mountains and close to the beach. Wehave some close friends there as well. We'd move back there without a 2nd thought if the opportunity or need arose again.

I've lived a ton of places, on both coasts. Tough question. I would have to say a tie between Oxnard, CA just for the weather and ocean, and NYC for the city itself, I loved it.

To date I've lived in Philadelphia, Southern New Jersey, Chicago, Atlanta, Hong Kong, Dubai, Cary, NC and Dallas, TX. My favorite place was Cary, NC, the coolest experience was Dubai.

I've never lived anywhere other than where I live, excluding college, and while I hate the winters more and more each year, as long as my elderly parents are still alive, it is here I'll remain. I hope to at least winter in Florida at some point, but it is not happening anytime soon. At 53, I still have much money to earn before that time comes.

Gladstone Queensland Australia. Perfect weather all year round plus the beach and the great barrier reef.

I honestly loved when I lived down in the RTP area after college. Loved having the mountains and ocean within driving distance.

I hope I did the link right and it works. You'll be able to scan around and see why I loved Northern Italy. My apartment was literally right at the bottom of those mountains. There was NOTHING but mountains past those all the way to Austria. Great family atmosphere, easy-going way of life, calm and beautiful.

Aviano, Italy.

Second would be Bitburg, Germany.

Then Phoenix....20 years ago. It's quite a bit different now.

Back