Golf Pride MCC Plus4 Grips Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Golf Pride MCC Plus4 Grips Review

Always liked the MCC look but never really gamed them as I felt hem to be too "harsh" as mentioned in the review. Don't know if the "softer" bottom section will make me a convert, but the slightly larger diameter and "softer" feel could be a plus for some

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great review here Hawkster. I've always hated the NDMC because of the roughness that I felt so the softer attribute pulls me back in a bit. I've also read about many building up the bottom of the grip but I've never tried that. Seems like GP has integrated some cool features into this new design...I think it's gonna do pretty damn well.

I was able to check these out at The Annika Academy a few weeks back. The fitter recommended them for me. Might try on one club to see how it feels in actual use first.

I've got one on the X2Hot 4H I just bought from vFLASHv, hope to give it a shot this weekend. I'm a no-glove player, with rather calloused hands, so I'm hoping this gives me a good bit of control. If so, I'm probably switching the rest of my clubs out with the +4.

Great review Hawk. I love mine and do have to say that while I may not get more "power" I'm certainly hitting my driver better after having switched to them since my hands are just holding the club better.

I won a full set of these off of Twitter, compliments of Golf Pride. Going to regrip all of my irons soon with them.

Thanks for reading guys.

Good job hawk. These are on the ponder list as I do build up the right hand a little on woods and hybrids.

Great work Ryan, seeing these in person, that blue sure is a great color option.

Yea man. The blue is very eye catching.

Well done Hawk. I have played the NDMC for a while and will be throwing these on a few clubs in the next couple of days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do miss the NDMC for my summer grip, maybe it's time to play around with this one, especially since I like the idea of building up the bottom a bit to gain a bit more control.

Took my clubs to Golfsmith today to have these installed. I was thinking I'd do just one, but decided the heck with it and have had them put on 9 of my older clubs. Picking them up tomorrow. I'll report back how I like them.

Great review Hawk.

I am a big fan of the previous Multi-Compound grip; and seeing these in Golf Galaxy the other day has my interest very peaked.

I've been fooling with the grips recently, and just can't convince myself I'm in love with anything I've tried. These might just fit the bill.

I'll probably pick up a few to blow on my wedges for my rounds tomorrow.

Enjoyed the honest feedback on them Hawk. Coming from the NDMC on most of my clubs, I thought that the MCC+4 was softer but it wasn't something I liked. Feedback like you said was a little dampened and it's not that it was bad, but it was different than what I had been used to for years with the NDMC.

I've tried them and love them. They are going on all of my clubs.

Great review Hawk! I have loved my time with them on my driver and 3W, just waiting to see if i am replacing my 5W before I put one on it. I really liked the softer material compared to the standard NDMC. Haven't really had any problem with them being to harsh. Really love the ability to choke down on the 3W without feeling like I am gripping a twig now.

I have the ndmc on all my hybrids/woods. I'm certainly interested in giving these a try when it comes time to regrip.

I have these installed on my RSi2's just this week. I have played new decade's and Winn Grips DriTacs this past year.

the new decades were great but were really really chewing up my right thumb...drying it out and the skin was cracking. OUCH!!!

moved to Winn Grip Dritacs midsize....they were a nice change from getting my hands chewed on but seem to be squeezing them tighter for some reason.

So this week I just had my whole set regrippped with the MCC Plus4's.

I don't know about fast swing speeds and further distance gains but I know that my hands are not getting chewed up and cracking, and the tackiness is a plus. the grip feels good on the hands and in the swing...no squeezing and choking on the club and I am happy with the new set up.

Hawk, would you say the lower section is softer or firmer then the UTX?

Ehhh, tough call. I think most would consider it softer though. I used the word squishy in the review because I couldn't think of a better descriptor. It's very different and I think that's a primary reason we see some NDMC fans not really liking them.

First round with these on the clubs today. Felt very good. Hit some good shots and some bad shots so about what I usually do as far as performance. But the grips did what they were supposed to do. No slippage. Felt a touch softer than NDMC.

Just threw this on my driver, and after 2 rounds I plan on doing so to all of my clubs at some point. Best grip I've ever played.

Back