Trying To Break 90 Club

It will come. Stay with it.

Trying To Break 90 Club

Paired up with an older gentleman and played from the senior tees today. It was fun having a different look at the course and playing different tee shots. Shot 92.

Got myself in trouble a few times getting greedy with driver off the tee...it wasn't necessary from the senior tees but couldn't resist trying to hit it close on some of the shorter par 4s.

I hit 6 of 7 FWs and 4 GIRs on the front for a 44. 15 putts; 0 three putts. Lost focus a bit on the back with 4 FWs hit and only 2 GIRs and 19 putts (2 three putts) for 48.

All in all a fun round.

Last edited:
Got myself in trouble a few times getting greedy with driver off the tee...it wasn't necessary from the senior tees but couldn't resist trying to hit it close on some of the shorter par 4s.

Nice round and moving up a tee makes me greedy with the driver too. I think the reason my last round was good was because I dialed it back. Weather wasn't great and had extra rain gear on so I just concentrated more on getting it out there and not trying to bomb it. Resulted in no penalties and only 1 bad drive, longest was maybe 250. I need to remember this next time out.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I got greedy again with the driver on a 305y par 4 today. Talked myself into driver even though I'd just SMOKED my 3hyb dead straight on the previous 3 holes. Pushed driver into the woods and ended up with a triple. Ugh.

Lots of changes. Joined a local club near my house. I plan to spend mucho time there working on my game this fall-winter. Looking to surprise fam and friends.

Played a round on Friday. Put up a 97. Broke 100 for the first time in awhile. Not smart enough to put the driver away although it continually let me down. I think I'm leaving it in the trunk next time around. I can't seem to have a round where my irons, driver, and wedges all cooperate. Weather looks decent now. I hope to get 2-3 rounds or 9s in this week. Turkey tourney this weekend should be fun too.

We're getting back on track after a slight dis-railment. Played a new course this morning, not the best maintained for this area and the fairways were that big fat bladed grass (I think St Augustine). Tight fairways, plenty of sand traps (which were more like wet cement), recently sanded greens all of which could add up to a disaster. However I shot a 91, hit 12 / 14 fairways, missed the greens pin high left or hit the greens and rolled off the back. Short game chipping and pitching was better. Dropped shots in a couple of bunkers, a couple of duffed / chunked chips from off the green, and iron shots were the ball is above my feet.

Irons were like something else this morning. I chunked a couple were the ball was above my feet or sent them left, BUT the majority were straight and high and actually going more or less where I was aiming. Absolutely no Hosel hitting this morning. Just need to build on this now. Yardages with how I am delivering the club is now up which is why I went through a couple of greens. I was that confident this morning I was hitting choked down wedges high into greens over bunkers and making the shot.

Confidence is currently high on the meter. I also tried to play sensible, par 5's I used 5, 6 or 7 irons for my second shot leaving me wedges for the third. Dogleg par 4's was taking the 3 wood off the tee, which was leaving me a 7 at the most for my second shot. I need to keep that mindset and attitude. A 3 wood off the floor into a par 5 is nice to see but realistically a medium iron laying up and leaving a short iron is far more successful.

Another solid round of 84(44/40), 6FW, only 2 GIR but just 29 putts. My driver and scrambling were real good, approach shots were not.

Forecast calls for highs in the 30s this weekend... thus ends the season here in STL. Sigh.

Trying To Break 90 Club

45/47 92 today. Lost one ball off the tee w a 3h. Ugh.
And the putting decided to stay at the house. 39 putts w 6 three jacks!
I did birdie #2 & 3. So all was not lost.
Only hit two "bad" shots all day - unfortunately they were out of bunkers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9d944d62d6109e73ed657c3a1ee6d43e.jpg

In what's gonna be one of the last one or two rounds of the season.....finally......
46/43 for an 89.
Driver was on point for the most of the day. Was in or just off the fairway all day. Had 5 GIR's but I fortunately one turned in to a 4 putt double bogey (I think that was my first 4 putt this year). Only turned one into a birdie but it was on the par 5 10th. Piped my drive and had about 230 left to the pin. Junk in front of the green (creek) so I laid up with a 9i to 95 yds. Stuck a SW to 4 ft and knocked the putt. Who knew that woulda proved to be the difference...lol.

Nice round, lemmiwinks!

Hadn't been playing well this fall, but had a solid day today. 41/44 for a new pb of 85
7b92edb7ddd589a1716c9d88c1f50105.jpg

60018f9120d2d91d2031ab22874df6d3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm so missing getting out and trying to break it again, winter sucks

45/43-88 today at the home course. My putting was terrible and my driver was all over the place. I felt like it could have been worse as I had some great par saves with tough up and downs. All in all happy to break 90 again.

Went out in 50-degree & 10-20 mph wind gusts (& light rain last 4 holes) and some uneven, punched greens & still managed to shoot 43/50 = 93. Hit 2 drives OB on the back nine and several others very short. Still it's encouraging for not playing in a month & having no warmup (range was closed). Just need to stay more consistent for all 18 holes & I should be in the 80's no problem.

Went out in 50-degree & 10-20 mph wind gusts (& light rain last 4 holes) and some uneven, punched greens & still managed to shoot 43/50 = 93. Hit 2 drives OB on the back nine and several others very short. Still it's encouraging for not playing in a month & having no warmup (range was closed). Just need to stay more consistent for all 18 holes & I should be in the 80's no problem.

Surprised that you haven't already. Will come soon though

91 on Saturday. So frustrated.

I know its not the real thing bu I played 90 yesterday on the simulator, 2-3 holes on the front were rough, but I shot 41 on the back to clean it up a bit

I shot a 95 this morning, this included 8 three putts. I had a putting lesson yesterday and was trying to put it into practice. I'll work on it when I head back to work, until then I'll carry on as I have been. 4 pars, 7 bogies, 5 doubles and 2 triples. I hit 7 GIR's, 8 FIR's, the remainder were 3 just in the first cut, 2 slices and a straight left. The 3 putts resulted in 3 bogies, 3 doubles and 2 triples.

On a positive the practice I've been putting in with my irons is starting to show, another shank free round with more of a draw than a fade, I'm starting to get the feel of how to do both with a 6 or 7 iron. My love affair with my M1 is still strong, just need to get that flatstick under control.

Gonna be 40 degrees, sunny and not much wind today... pondering whether or not to get a round in as that's right on my "it's to damn cold" threshold, haha.

Gonna be 40 degrees, sunny and not much wind today... pondering whether or not to get a round in as that's right on my "it's to damn cold" threshold, haha.

sounds like perfect golf weather to me

sounds like perfect golf weather to me

Spent most of my life in Southern California so I'm a bit of a lightweight when it comes to colder weather :act-up:

Spent most of my life in Southern California so I'm a bit of a lightweight when it comes to colder weather :act-up:

just wear a couple more layers and a winter hat, you'll be fine

Here in the Midwest anytime it's borderline in December you better go. The doors about to slam shut. I'm really hoping to play Sunday if work doesn't get in the way. I haven't played in about 3 weeks now, it's getting depressing.

Back