Des Moines Outing in October

What an amazing weekend of great golf with a great group of guys! My first THP event and it was amazing. I can not wait to partake in more events.

Great to meet you FW! Next time we'll have to play in the same group.

Well Captain Hawk and I squared off for 18 holes of match play. The dude really turned it on at the end and he closed me out on 17. I didn't have the driver swing today and this links style course made me pay. Quite a few shots out of the fescue.

I have so much more to say and will get my thoughts down tonight

good to see you boys getting some practice in. I'm sure you guys talked strategy and learned a few thing along the way

As usual, didn't get enough pictures, but here's some to check out...

Flying Wedge and Bulldog and the practice green. DonW and sleuth in the background.
DSCN3243-L.jpg

TexasHacker at Coldwater.
DSCN3267-L.jpg

Manlai
DSCN3244-L.jpg

dhartmann34
DSCN3245-L.jpg

LeftySean
DSCN3247-L.jpg

Manlai
DSCN3255-L.jpg

DSCN3257-L.jpg

McRock
DSCN3259-L.jpg

DSCN3261-L.jpg

DSCN3266-L.jpg

Nice pictures Hawk! Looks like you guys had a blast and played some nice courses. How did the match play go?

Nice pictures Hawk! Looks like you guys had a blast and played some nice courses. How did the match play go?

We lost to sleuth and Rock on 18, but it was back and forth. Won against dhartmann and LeftySean. Can't remember which hole that was. Taylor and I played today and I took him 2&1, but again - it was back and forth.

That's some good work though. Looks like you had some close matches and was able to win 2 of the 3. That's pretty good of you ask me. Glad you guys had some fun and could get a round in before December.

Man I am so jealous of you guys, I wanted to be there so bad! Looks like it was a great time had by all, fully equipped with a hole in one THP style, congrats again to dhartmann34! Great stuff and I hope to meet up with the crew next time there is a Midwest gathering.

image_zps0bf0bdbe.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] Tee box number 2 at Beaver Creek West

image_zps9ef70f80.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] First tee shots at Beaver Creek

image_zps0e0a095d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] McRock

image_zpsbea968af.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] Sleuth

image_zpsce68bebb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] Hawk

image_zps4c664488.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] Dhartman34

image_zpsc3818ec1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] LeftySean

image_zpsba59001b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] Tee box number 10 Coldwater Creek

image_zpsba610fdf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] Approach shot number 10

image_zps27bf9d9c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] DonW

image_zps113d0172.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] Manlai

image_zps3b123747.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] TexasHacker34

image_zps268f78e9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] Bulldog

Looks cold

Was shorts weather in oh...come this way next time

Glad u fellas had a good time

Quick reply to let ya know made it home safe. I'll post tomorrow

tappin from my big as note2

Can't wait to hear your guys' thoughts on the weekend

Just made it home.... So tired and need to stretch. What a great weekend. Thanks for all that attended. Couldn't have been a better weekend!!!

Today's pics did look really cold! Except for the Texas boy Taylor!

Good times people.

Thanks again for coming down, up, or over. A couple chilly mornings, but after the sun came up it was pretty much perfect fall weather. Was nice to have found a couple courses in such great shape and without Plinko boards for putting greens, which isn't always easy this time of year.

Originally TexasHacker and I were just looking to meet somewhere and play for Grandaddy practice, so to have it turn into a mini gathering was a treat. Would have loved to get a few more to come over, but it's not an e-d!ck measuring contest. Just a chance to hang out with some of the great people that make this place what it is. Got to see a few old friends and meet a few new ones. Special thanks to LeftySean for making the 32hr round trip drive just to hang out with us.

Enjoyed all three rounds I played. Getting some match play practice was really helpful, so thanks to the guys that accomodated TH and I there. The golf bordered on good to downright terrible, but the company was terrific and that's all that matters in the end. We all had our moments of brilliance here and there.

Thanks to Flying Wedge for the stellar dinner recommendation. Too bad I couldn't even eat half of what was on that plate. Eyes were definitely bigger than my stomach there. Enjoyed the pilot talk too. We'll play again soon!

sleuth is solid and made us work to keep up with him on Saturday morning. Beautiful little fade off the tee and he very good on and around the green all day. Showed why he's an Invitational Champ and why I'm currently 0-2 against him.

Bulldog, you're one of my favorite people in the universe and I enjoyed the hell out of our round yesterday.

I still don't know how McRock can hit a ball as far as he does when it doesn't get more than 30 feet off the ground. He makes it look effortless too.

Manlai, thanks for the beers, even if one was suspiciously close to Shandy! Great to see you again.

DonW, we'll do it again so you can get your revenge on those crazy greens.

LeftySean is a Mashie machine! Great taste in beer too.

Seeing a THP'r get his first ace is something I'll remember for the rest of my life. dhartmann is a really good dude and couldn't be happier for him.

Really enjoyed getting the chance to spend a weekend with my Grandaddy team member Taylor. We are birthday buddies and real-life buddies. Getting a couple days to hang out was just what I needed after a long tough year.

Friday night was really fun, though staying up that late made Saturday a little rough at first. Worth it in every way though. Had some laughs, shared some drinks, and tried to keep everybody at the hotel awake. Saturday night was more like a bunch of really tired guys trying to see who would cave and pass out first lol. Honors go to Taylor for the mid-sentence nod-off.

Wish I had the means to stuff like this more often, but I'll take what I can get. This is becoming a yearly tradition and I can't wait to do it again next year.

Back to the morning grind and banging my head against my desk in the wee hours of the morning. I really was not looking forward to this!

Back to the good moments. It was awesome seeing you guys on Saturday. I really do wish it was another weekend so that I could have played Sunday too. Alas I just got too bombed at the wedding and obviously was not going to make the Sunday morning round. Hope you guys had a good time though. I spent all day yesterday watching and playing with the kid while my wife caught up on homework for grad school. What a great woman for letting me skip unimportant stuff like the ceremony :act-up:

Saturday was fun. Watching the Hack and Hawk going at it like they're brothers. The Rock bringing his club champion game. As a foursome had some good shots and some poor shots. Man what a hella windy day. Just to put it into perspective: Par 3 from the blues, 180 flag and my 4i was about 30-40 yards short of the middle of the green after ballooning. I think Hacker used a 3W to get pin high off the fringe. Not cool, but that's golf! First time actually playing with you Hawk, and I like your waggle! I didn't say it at the time, but I'm sure you know you do a few bounces before you hit. I really want to play the Wobble Baby song as you're doing that.

Man/Don, great playing wth you guys in the afternoon. Sorry for ducking out after 9, but had to do it! Congrats to dhartman on the freaking Ace. I'm totally envious because I could go the rest of my life and never make one myself. Good seeing you again Bulldog/wedge. We'll have to play together some time bulldog. We've had like 4 different opportunities but its never happened. So odds are in our favor.

Hope you made it back okay leftysean. Driving down from Sasckahwan or whatever? I don't even know where that is or how to spell it. Holy crap.

I am a Dufner fan. Gotta waggle baby!

First of all, thanks everyone for making this weekend what it was. As Hawk said we decided we wanted to meet up to prepare for the granddaddy, and I never would have thought we would manage to get 10-12 guys out to the courses throughout the weekend to play with us. I really appreciate each and every one of you making the drive, I tried my best to talk to everyone and I think I did. As with any other THP event the people this weekend were incredible and made this weekend amazing.

Saturday AM Hawk and I met up at the course, neither of us in the greatest of shapes, but ready to get the weekend started. After a couple of warm-up swings and practice putts we walked onto the first tee with McRock (Sir Rock) and Sleuth. We decided to play 18 holes of best ball. From the first hole we could tell this was going to be a great battle. I had a tap in par on the first hole and we looked to be going 1-up but sleuth drained a 15+ footer for par and it was pretty much back and forth all day. The two ended up beating us on 18 to win 1 up, but it was a blast, and it taught me a lot about what it meant to battle. I had an opportunity to put us 1 up on 17 with a 5 footer and just missed my line which frustrated me, but it is something I will learn from going forward.

Saturday afternoon, after driving 5 miles it seemed like in the cart, we arrived at the South 9 to start our round with Dhartmann and leftysean. Leftysean drove all the way from Canada to meet up with us, and he was rocking shorts even in this freezing weather. Hawk and I finally put some good golf together, especially on the back 9 of this round and we were able to close out Dhartmann and Leftysean, but it didn’t really matter because Dhartmann had a FREAKING ACE. It was incredible. Congrats again buddy.

Saturday night we had some amazing BBQ at Jethros and I ordered the Jethro sandwich that I am pretty sure weighs 4 pounds, but was delicious. We went back to the hotel had some Hole in One Shots, drank a couple beers, and called it a night.

Sunday morning I wokeup rested and ready for an epic battle with Captain Hawk. We arrived to the course at about 730 and found the proshop locked and no one in the parking lot, maybe because it was 38 degrees. Eventually they opened the pro shop and we hit balls and putted for awhile, before going off about 40 minutes late. Hawk and I played a good match, and he ended up closing me out on 17. The dude rolled the rock so well, and my driver game left me in some tough spots. Bulldog played with us as well and that dude has some game. Freaking bombing his driver.

Hawk- Not sure what more to say that hasn’t been said about you. Truly a great dude, and someone I am glad to call my friend. I had a blast sharing 54 holes of golf with you man. The Grandaddy is going to be epic, and even though at times we didn’t play our best golf, I am confident we will be ready come December.

McRock- Sir Rock. Always a pleasure. I loved the baby draw you had working at times. The highlighter pink shirt is always awesome. Mark my words, this spring I will be coming to play your home course.

Bulldog- Howd you play Bulldog? With me you didn’t play like S***. You freaking bombed that ZL. You have some game, and clearly you are an epic sandbagger.

Sleuth- Dude you have a great swing. Always a great time to play with you and look forward to coming and playing Wakonda soon.

Manlai- DUUUDE SAM! So great seeing you. I love that you travel freaking everywhere. Next time We are teeing it up together, that is a fact.

Dhartmann- Congrats on the ACE! Absolutely epic dude.

Leftysean- Dude you are crazy. Driving all the way from Canada to play golf with us. You are a great dude, and enjoy that Seemore!!

Flying Wedge: Heard you played some solid golf. So glad you recommended Jethros, it was incredible. Hope we can tee it up at the next one!! Keep rolling that Seemore well

DonW- Don! Great seeing you again man. Hope the golf season continues for awhile up North.

Thanks again guys! It was an absolute pleasure putting this together with Hawk. Hope everyone had fun, and hopefully we can do one of these again in the Spring.

When I get to Regina, I'll share a few more thoughts, but I want to thank everyone for a fantastic weekend of golf and fun times!

I had a major snafu with my hotel reservation that nearly left me hung out to dry, but things worked out well in the end.

I am about to hit the road back to Canada, but not before stocking up on some beer & bourbon to smuggle back across the border. Just kidding! Well, not about the stocking up on beer and bourbon.

Anyway, I hope everyone had a safe journey back home!

Travel safe Sean!

Travel safely Sean! Get back to Regina in one piece

Back