The #Grandaddy - Callaway Golf & THP - Details

81 (43/38) today boys. I was one under on the back going into 16 and finished with three bogeys. 4 birdies on the day, 2 on each nine. Lost it for 4 straight holes, 5-8, but other than that, it was a nice round.

Nice shootin!

Nice, Paul! That's some solid golf right there.

How'd it go today Seth? Hope you felt well enough to enjoy the round with your Dad.

After getting caught up on this thread, I have to say I'm liking THPs chances. Well, that was until I heard Hawk and TexasHacker couldn't even beat a 2-time city champ... :disapointed:

I kid, of course. You guys are doing great, and the work that you are all putting in is showing and will certainly pay off handing it the zoo crew.

Shot a 43/38 81 +9 today with the Ohio folks. If I could keep the tee ball in play, hello mid 70s. Was off and on with everything today, except ball striking which was on all day. Had 3 solid birdies today and left a couple more out there to be had. Tomorrow, I'm looking to eliminate the blow up holes and manage the course. What I did find was the fact that I usually have 3 holes in a row that are blow ups, they were spread out over the round. Not sure if I like that or not, but I do know that the holes that I had penalties off the tee was a poor club selection (driver). Going to get another good test tomorrow and try and bring down a certain northerner that thinks he Canahaneline.

I know one thing is for sure, you guys are going to have a great time

Man what a great lesson. Focused on flattening my downswing by swinging to the right and turning my hands over to square up the club face through impact. Really loving the progress I'm seeing

Oh, and my instructor said my swing reminds him of Graeme McDowell

Last edited:
Played today after 5 days of rain so it was nasty wet. But I had to get out and see if my latest lesson translated to the course with my swing. I was quite pleased overall with shot shaping, actually hit two balls for left to right on demand. Which I haven't had that in a very very long time. Iron play was pretty solid given the super wet conditions. Driver was decent but not awesome. Putter was ridiculously poor. Wet shaggy greens really gave me a fit. I couldn't find a swing that was firm enough on the greens.

Played with the ole 441 in some best ball today. Even though I wasn't on today by any means (shot an 86) I still worked on strategy and making quality golf shots. Side hill lies are confusing me right now. I'm expecting a draw, but my ball stays on line or even fades a little. Just something I took away from today as the only flat spots on the course was the tee box.

Nice work this weekend guys. Played about 18 good holes out of 54 myself, but what can you do. That's golf. Taylor and I lost a match on 18 and won the other one. Putted well all weekend at least. The greens were speedy and really in great shape, so I suppose that's good preparation for CA. I have to assume we'll see some nice greens out there.

Nice work this weekend guys. Played about 18 good holes out of 54 myself, but what can you do. That's golf. Taylor and I lost a match on 18 and won the other one. Putted well all weekend at least. The greens were speedy and really in great shape, so I suppose that's good preparation for CA. I have to assume we'll see some nice greens out there.
I'm guessing the greens will be quite nice.

Man, I hadn't seen greens that fast for so long. It was a real treat. I like to take a pretty small/compact stroke and they made that easy.

Played with the ole 441 in some best ball today. Even though I wasn't on today by any means (shot an 86) I still worked on strategy and making quality golf shots. Side hill lies are confusing me right now. I'm expecting a draw, but my ball stays on line or even fades a little. Just something I took away from today as the only flat spots on the course was the tee box.

And we won and thats all that matters.

U have a great short game...get some putts to drop and u will be lethal

And we won and thats all that matters.

U have a great short game...get some putts to drop and u will be lethal

Ive been switching between putters, searching for consistency that's eluding me. I really need to pay attention to where it's safe to miss. Recognizing my normal misses, hoping for the best but accounting for the worst.

After spending an amazing day in Palm Springs/Palm Desert I know the entire #DreamTeam is going to be in paradise singing "Im walkin on Sunshine..." When they arrive there.
I got my eyes on playing Indian Wells resort sometime in the near future.

How'd it go today Seth? Hope you felt well enough to enjoy the round with your Dad.

Harbor Town ate my lunch. You really need to be able to work the ball both ways to score well on that course, and I just can't do it (at least not on command). I played a pretty consistent draw all day, and I was striking the ball well, but there are several holes where a well-struck draw does not help you. The greens are also impossibly small on some holes, and if you miss the green you are in Trouble.

I ended up with an 84 (+13). I actually started +1 on the first seven holes, but was 12 over on the last 12. I got into the bunkers behind the green on No. 9, which I don't recommend, and the back side was just brutal. Interesting stat from the back nine, though. I was 5/7 in fairways, struck the ball well with my irons, and still only hit one green. (I actually hit two, but one was on a par 3.)

Harbor Town was an amazing place to play, though. I have a bunch of pictures that I will throw up on the site at some point.

I finished the weekend with an 81 (43-38) at CC of Hilton Head. We played really early so I could get back to Atlanta that afternoon, and I found myself rushing on the first two holes -- leading to a triple and a double. I was four over on the last 16 holes. Four bogeys, 16 pars. Ball striking was really good. Just was not scoring. Didn't give myself many decent birdie tries, and my putting was generally meh the entire day. Still, I was pretty pleased about the round after the horrendous start. Again, something to build on.

Good stuff Joe. Have you had a chance to work on this out on the range yet?

This weekend showed me I still have plenty to work on.

Going to hit the range this week with a purpose. Going to work on alignment and swing path with the driver. My driver got me into quite a bit of trouble this weekend. One hole it was a slice, the next a hook. When it worked (for 9 holes on Saturday) I was freaking bombing it. Just need to get the timing back as that thing used to be the best club in my bag.

Also I am going to work on my chipping and sand game. Time to go to work

got to meet tpluff over the weekend at the Ohio get together. Great dude and a great representative of THP

It's all there buddy. You hit a lot of great shots.

One thing I learned is that I'm going to need some sort of yardage book or something. We hit a lot of shots not having any clue about trouble that was lurking out there and paid for it.

This weekend showed me I still have plenty to work on.

Going to hit the range this week with a purpose. Going to work on alignment and swing path with the driver. My driver got me into quite a bit of trouble this weekend. One hole it was a slice, the next a hook. When it worked (for 9 holes on Saturday) I was freaking bombing it. Just need to get the timing back as that thing used to be the best club in my bag.

Also I am going to work on my chipping and sand game. Time to go to work

I'm going to be all over chipping and putting this week too. I want to keep my swing in rhythm, but I really need to focus around the green more. That's the goal for the last few weeks of prep.

Back