Forum Testing Signup - Cleveland Smart Square Putter

1. What putter are you currently playing? Nike Method 003
2. Do you consider yourself a good putter? Putting is the only strong part of my game and the one that I practice the least. I've always seemed to have a good eye at reading greens and getting a feel for the speed of them early in a round. I recently switched to the blade putter, but I've had really good results with a previous Cleveland mallet putter.
3. LH or RH : RH
4. What length do you play your putter at? 35

Thanks THP and Cleveland - Great opprotunity once again!

1. What putter are you currently playing?

Odyssey White Ice Blade DART 35" w/350 gm weight installed and stock grip. Tomorrow I will have a SeeMore FGP original custom at 34.5" and 355 gm total weight and the golf pride tour classic grip in black.

2. Do you consider yourself a good putter? Please explain.

Nope. I put over 40 putts per 18 holes. I almost never 1 put and typically always 3 putt. I have a club membership that allows unlimited access to the range/putting green. I practice my putting at least 3 times a week and putt 50-100 times each practice day from different distances and positions on the putting green. While I'm not impressed with the area immediately surrounding the green for chipping/pitching, the putting green is nice. It's well manicured and large with multiple holes and has varying grades. I've tried to use the large line on my DART putter for aiming and it's not working for me. I'm sure I'm hitting the ball exactly where the line is pointing, but I can't use it to line up to the hole correctly. I'm hoping the SeeMore rifle scope tech will help me be more consistent with my putting. I've tried a friends older Odyssey White Hot 2Ball putter and had better results with it. I'm curious as to the 2 square idea. I think Cleveland is on to something and that it would help a new golfer like me putt more consistently.

3. LH or RH?

Right Handed - I'm actually left handed, but golf right handed.

4. What length do you play your putter at?

35", the SeeMore was ordered at 34.5". I selected my Odyssey in 35" based off internet research (I know, I'm a french model). I'm 5'10 and somewhat stocky. The SeeMore employee that took my FGP order recommended 34.5" for me. I'm not sure if .5" will make a difference, but I'll know more tomorrow when I have the FGP in hand.

Last edited:
1. What putter are you currently playing? Odyssey #7
2. Do you consider yourself a good putter? Please explain: Yes, it's the best part of my game, I learned a long time ago to concentrte on speed first, then aim. I found the mallet style putters help me control my speed better than a blade style.
3. LH or RH: RH
4. What length do you play your putter at?: 36"

Thanks to THP and Cleveland for the opportunity to tryout this new putter.

another incredible testing opportunity.

1. What putter are you currently playing? SeeMore m7
2. Do you consider yourself a good putter? I would say I am above average. I think I am strong from inside 4 feet and have really improved on that 15-30 foot range. Usually good at avoiding 3 putts.
4. What length do you play your putter at? 34

TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spider with ASGI insert

2. Do you consider yourself a good putter? Please explain
I'm an ok putter. 10-12 feet away is about 50%, within 5 feet is 90%. I average just under 2 a hole

3. LH or RH
RH

This could be really interesting. I love the mallet style putter, but haven't really found one I like more than my Rossa, but shes getting old.

3. LH or RH

Answers

1. Odyssey Versa #7 (black)
2. Yes, I normally average 32 putts (or less) / round. Since moving to the Versa my average has gone down because of the 3-10 footer make percentage...
3. RH
4. 34.5"

This will be a test that I follow along for sure, I very much like what I know about this putter, thank you Cleveland Golf and THP for giving THPers a chance to give their opinions with this testing.

1. What putter are you currently playing? Seemore mFPG2

2. Do you consider yourself a good putter? Please explain I am a fairly good putter, I don't 3 putt often on my home course as it is fairly flat so I probably average less than 2 three putts per round. I do seem to have trouble with putts from 5 feet and in with lip outs and putts just sliding by.

3. LH or RH Righty

4. What length do you play your putter at? 37"

1. What putter are you currently playing? Taylormade Daddy Long Legs
2. Do you consider yourself a good putter? Please explain. No, at least not for me handicap. I struggle mostly with speed. My line is fine, but my speed has always been poor.
3. LH or RH. RH
4. What length do you play your putter at? 35"

Exciting to see my Morgan Cup company let us test their new putter. Thanks Cleveland! This should be awesome.

Sweet! Thx Cleveland and THP!
1. What putter are you currently playing? Scotty Studio Select Newport 2 Notchback.
2. Do you consider yourself a good putter? Please explain. I would consider myself a pretty good putter, I've always been able to guesstimate fairly well at the breaks and speed of greens. When it's rolling, I can have either a really good day (lots of 1-putts) or a really bad day. There is no sight line on my putter, and I (purposely) closed the grip up a bit when i put it on because i used to push it like crazy. Now that i have a decent putting stroke, it's more of a here and there push or pull. And for the alignment, i pretty much have to go on if the putter looks perpendicular to the hole.
3. LH or RH? RH

Curious to see how this compares to the two ball. Not really interested in it myself as I prefer a center shafted putter, but still want to see how it performs.

1. What putter are you currently playing? Nike Oz 6
2. Do you consider yourself a good putter? Please explain- Here recently yes, its seems like everything within 10-6 feet ive been draining them. If im far out with a putt i usually get it within a 3 feet radius.
3. LH or RH- RH

I haven't been a fan of large-head putters so far but these look really interesting to me. I like the two-square alignment better than the two-ball system.

Yes! Ann

For most of the year I was very happy with my putting (mostly 2-putts, 3's were rare) so I didn't worry about it too much compared to other aspects of my game. I've worked a lot on distance control. Recently, though, I've started having a frustrating problem with pushed putts. I ordered a putting mat and a "ball of steel" to practice with a few days ago.

3. LH or RH

RH

36" Longer would be nice if available. I'm 6'2" and my irons are +1"

1. What putter are you currently playing? Cleveland VP5
2. Do you consider yourself a good putter? Please explain. Not really, my lag putting is pretty good but I miss too many makable putts inside six feet.
3. LH or RH. RH

First of all, thanks to :thp: and :cleveland: for this awesome opportunity. What an intriguing putter.

1. What putter are you currently playing? Odyssey Versa W/B/W #7

2. Do you consider yourself a good putter? Please explain? I consider myself a decent putter. My biggest struggle is alignment which is why I dabble with Seemores, The Versa technology, etc. If I can line the putt up I feel I have a good stroke and am able to put it in the hole.

3. LH or RH LH

4. What length do you play your putter at? 35" but I am extremely intrigued by the whole CB/ Almost Belly thing

What an awesome opportunity. This would be a great way to break in the new birdie ball putting green.

Interesting putter and would love to put it through its paces:

1. What putter are you currently playing? TaylorMade Ghost Tour Maranello 81

2. Do you consider yourself a good putter? Yes. I'm a very big "feel" putter, meaning I don't get into mechanics at all. I pick a line and an aiming point and put a nice stroke on the ball. If my putting gets in a funk, I don't worry about it, knowing it will come around again. My usual miss is left or right, but I more often than not I get the speed/distance right.

Awesome opportunity!! Thanks THP & Cleveland!!

1. What putter are you currently playing? Taylormade Ghost Spider S and Scotty Cameron Studio select Newport 2
2. Do you consider yourself a good putter? Please explain. I consider myself a very good putter, I spend quite a bit of time practicing putting (it is my therapy, not much better than putting on headphones on a late afternoon and putting until sunset). Inside 3ft my average is 78% and I have had 2 three-putts in my last 6 rounds.
3. LH or RH. Right Handed
4. What length do you play your putter at? 34"

Nice! The design of this putter certainly is intriguing, I'd love to be able to test it out and see how it compares to my current gamer.

1) What putter are you currently playing? - I'm playing a Yes! Sandy -12 with the 400g head
2) Do you consider yourself a good putter? Please explain. Yes I do, but occasionally I do struggle with my alignment. My putts per GIR in the last week since switching to the Yes Sandy was 1.67 over 3 rounds as I found it very easy to align. My putts per round can vary from as low as 24 this year to as high as 38, but more often than not its in the high 20's.
3) RH or LH? Lefty
4) What length do you play your putter at? 37"

Thanks for the opportunity THP!

Last edited:
Yes! This is awesome, thank you THP and Cleveland! I know I can dedicate the time to test this even with the weather changing over so I am going to throw my name in the mix:

1. What putter are you currently playing? 2006 Scotty Cameron Red X

2. Do you consider yourself a good putter? Please explain. I consider myself an above average putter. I'm certainly not the best or worst putter I know but I do have some work to do to be more consistent. I putt crosshanded as well and have found my putting has improved since I put the SuperStroke 1.0 grip on my putter. I feel like I get a good read of my line and it's just up to executing the stroke required. I am intrigued by the square alignment aid on this putter as in theory it makes perfect sense to me, I am eager to try it even if I am not selected to test it. Any help in actually aligning the putter down my intended line is certainly appreciated! I am also a mallet style fanboy and never see myself going back to a blade putter again.

3. LH or RH? RH

4. What length do you play your putter at? My Red X is 35" but I do tend to choke down a little so it probably plays more like a 34" and sometimes even a 33" when I need to make a finesse stroke. I am hoping the Smart Square is a little on the heavier side as well.

Either way, I am lookig forward to hearing the feedback from the testers and will be giving this a roll at my local shop when it comes in.

Thanks THP and Cleveland for the shot a testing your putter!

Odyssey White Hot Pro V-Line

I do consider myself a good putter. My ball striking at GIR have be suspect sometimes, but where I save my game and round in a lot of cases in with my putter. I'm a confident putter and don't usually 3 putt at all during a round. In my last three rounds where I kept track of my putting totals I had, 30, 32, and 29 putts total, no three putts.

3. LH or RH
RH

33"

Again...thanks for the opportunity!

Another great testing event taking place here at THP. Thanks again THP and Cleveland for allowing us average users to test and provide feedback.

1. What putter are you currently playing? My ancient Odyssey 2-Ball White Hot.
2. Do you consider yourself a good putter? Please explain. I tend to be a good putter from 10 feet and in. Have always had difficulty picking up the speed and correct line on the longer putts. In my opinion if I could get the alingment set I could drop at least 5 putts per round.
3. LH or RH - RH
4. What length do you play your putter at? 33.5

This testing opportunity will allow me to put that BirdieBall green I just ordered to use along with hours at the practice green.

Last edited:
I had a feeling this might be coming - I know I've been intrigued reading about this design from Jman's reviews. Thanks :thp: and :cleveland: for an awesome testing chance - would love to take a stab at rolling this guy around!

1. What putter are you currently playing? Odyssey Metal-X #9
2. Do you consider yourself a good putter? Please explain. Honestly, no I don't. I average around 36 - 37 putts a round, and regularly my bad rounds are either entirely caused, or at least significantly worsened, by poor putting, particularly speed. I tend to hit 2 or 3 really awful lag putts a round that leave me entirely too much left to reliably 2-putt. I also don't make a high enough percentage of putts in the 4 - 10 foot range. My short putting is generally solid.
3. LH or RH RH

1. I play Odyssey White Hot #9
2. My putting is ok but I defintely need to some work with the flat stick
3. RH
4. 33 inches

1. What putter are you currently playing? TaylorMade White Smoke IN-12
2. Do you consider yourself a good putter? Please explain. I consider myself a decent putter. My biggest struggle is alignment.
3. LH or RH RH
4. What length do you play your putter at? 34''

1. SeeMore M3, counterbalanced
2. I guess I would characterize myself as an average putter. I don't think I am a bad putter, but I am not nearly as good as I'd like to think I should be either. I average 34 putts per round.
3. RH
4. 38"

Last edited:
1. What putter are you currently playing? TaylorMade White Smoke MC-72
2. Do you consider yourself a good putter? Please explain I consider myself an average putter, my one struggle is distance control and decel on short putts
3. LH or RH? RH

Back