2014 Morgan Cup - Venue Announcement

With the 3rd Captain announcement I thought it would be nice to bump this awesome venue, Calednoia and True Blue is such an amazing setting to host the ultimate golf event!!!

With the 3rd Captain announcement I thought it would be nice to bump this awesome venue, Calednoia and True Blue is such an amazing setting to host the ultimate golf event!!!

Two of my all time favorite golf courses. I'll be playing there the week of Nov 3 prior to heading off to The Gauntlet in Sarasota. That's going to be a great week.

Really looking forward to find out more information on this event. Love watching the coverage. So exciting.

I am very excited to see those two courses first hand. I've only been to the Myrtle Beach area once for golf, but we didn't venture down to Pawley's Island.

The videos from the past two years have been amazing, and it seems like the whole crew down there really understands and supports what we are doing.

I am very excited to see those two courses first hand. I've only been to the Myrtle Beach area once for golf, but we didn't venture down to Pawley's Island.

The videos from the past two years have been amazing, and it seems like the whole crew down there really understands and supports what we are doing.

Let me know if your planning a trip in the next 9 months, I'll join you if you want

They are both truly spectacular!!!

Let me know if your planning a trip in the next 9 months, I'll join you if you want

I'll second that. I don't live very far from Myrtle Beach and I've been itching to play True Blue. I've played Caledonia and would love to play it again. I left quite a few shots on that course when I played with Henri.

I will definitely be playing these two course during our family vacation in June. After being inspired from watching the MC...maybe I can relive some of those THP moments.

Just sitting here reminiscing about Sunday. What a day. What's crazy, is you kind of knew waking up that morning that it was gonna be a special day, there was an electricity in the air on that first tee box.

I would love to get down to these courses as well as we have been to myrtle Beach alot.

Can't wait to take some practice swings in the bunker.

I just hope the sand stays consistent throughout the day. Going from wet sand to fine powder is a rough adjustment.

Or my personal goal.. Avoid all sand and hazards.

Ha! Good luck with that.

I know what you are saying, but I don't think it will happen. Good example when I was there was #1 TB. That big tee ball catching area on the left had some really fluffy stuff, but as you got closer greenside it was really packed. Number four is a good example of a greenside bunker that was just the opposite - really soft. I had some good success out of the sand that week though. Practice cuts really did help.

Ha! Good luck with that.

I know what you are saying, but I don't think it will happen. Good example when I was there was #1 TB. That big tee ball catching area on the left had some really fluffy stuff, but as you got closer greenside it was really packed. Number four is a good example of a greenside bunker that was just the opposite - really soft. I had some good success out of the sand that week though. Practice cuts really did help.

Oh yeah no chance haha. I'd rather be in that bunker right than miss left if I'm just not feeling the tee shot cause of alignment or weather.

That thing would be right in my wheelhouse now, depending on the tees played.

I always thought the sand at TB was really nice to play out of, especially the green side bunkers. It's a finer sand that I find easier to play out of.

Just throwing that out there in case any MC Captains are looking for resume builders...

I always thought the sand at TB was really nice to play out of, especially the green side bunkers. It's a finer sand that I find easier to play out of.

Just throwing that out there in case any MC Captains are looking for resume builders...

I like your style Shandyman.

last year I didn't realize we could do that so I never did. However this past MC I took full advantage of the practice swings in the bunkers. Thought it made a huge difference.

As you know, it's Clemson hate week. So...

I thought every week was Clemson Hate Week

You read between lines well.

I'm really excited about Caledonia. It was the course I didn't get a chance to play so that's going to be a must practice round prior to the event. Drop the wife off at the pool on Thursday and then spend as much time as I can over there. TB I think I know fairly well!

I haven't played the last two holes at Caledonia, but have played 45 at TB. I'll probably do the same, assuming I actually come in that early.

i heard Shandy! did someone say Shandy?!

Just waiting to find some Oktobershandy one of these days. Gotta stay in season!

Back