'Fit for Perfection' NIKE '16 Spring/Summer apparel & footwear

Agree, the shoes are growing on me. Just need to be sure they don't bite the shins/heels like some other Nike offerings.

I'm looking forward to what Freddie thinks about them after a few rounds in 'em. I hope they are as comfy on the course as they look in pictures.

I'm looking forward to what Freddie thinks about them after a few rounds in 'em. I hope they are as comfy on the course as they look in pictures.
I'm right there with you.

The shoes are the one thing of the line I can get on board with, if they wear nicely. The rolled collars and yoga pants though, not happening.

Agree, the shoes are growing on me. Just need to be sure they don't bite the shins/heels like some other Nike offerings.
I'm really intrigued by the material, as weird as it sounds, I want to touch Freddie's golf shoes this weekend!

I have a pair of pumas that have similar material and love how comfortable it is.

I'm really intrigued by the material, as weird as it sounds, I want to touch Freddie's golf shoes this weekend!

I have a pair of pumas that have similar material and love how comfortable it is.

If it's anything like the running shoes, it's super lightweight and breathable. I refuse to run in anything other than flyknits, currently.

I get there being new looks, but IMO this is Nike going to extremes just to go to extremes. Coming from me, that's saying something as I'm typically receptive to whatever.

I generally agree. Basically there are three rules now at even nicer facilities: no denim, tuck in your shirt and have a collar.

Cargo shorts. Flat billed hats. Bold colored shoes. A million choices for colors, styles and fabrics for polos. Tell me again how golf is so stifling?

I think Nike's underlying premise to justify this line is bogus and they are just pushing the envelope for the sake of pushing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it's anything like the running shoes, it's super lightweight and breathable. I refuse to run in anything other than flyknits, currently.

I have seen the flyknits but haven't tried them on. Sounds like they took the concept and made the golf sole to fit.

I have seen the flyknits but haven't tried them on. Sounds like they took the concept and made the golf sole to fit.

The one big issue with the material, which looks like Nike has tried to fix with the protected lower portion of the upper, is that it's awful when it's wet.

I think the flyknit material looks awesome!!! But, I'd prefer in a regular height, and am very curious as to whether they'd get ruined quickly by the elements. Seems like Nike saw that coming a mile away by providing that protective barrier about an inch up all the way around the shoe, but cleaning could be an issue in the long run?

I just ordered a pair of the running shoes so will test them out!

I think the flyknit material looks awesome!!! But, I'd prefer in a regular height, and am very curious as to whether they'd get ruined quickly by the elements. Seems like Nike saw that coming a mile away by providing that protective barrier about an inch up all the way around the shoe, but cleaning could be an issue in the long run?

I've chucked my runners in a bucket of hot water before and gave them a little scrub. It's not as easy as leather to clean, but easier than most mesh like materials.

I just ordered a pair of the running shoes so will test them out!

Awesome, Nate. Which model?

I guess I just don't see how golf is so "stuffy" anymore. We've blown the doors off that notion years ago and people can pretty much wear whatever they want on course. No denim, collar required is pretty much the only rules anywhere around here. If that's golf being elitist and stuffy then I think people need a reality check.

Seems like Nike is just trying to be 'out there' and get some attention with this stuff. It's a solution to a problem that doesn't exist IMO.

If you want to wear tights with shorts and cover your legs, I don't really care. Don't honestly see how it's much different than a compression top under a polo on a chilly day, which I do all the time.

I don't think I'd do it myself, because if it's chilly enough for me to need tights under shorts I'll just wear pants. But hey, if you want to rock it, more power to you.

Definitely agree with others in here that the dress code being "stuffy" for average golfers really doesn't exist anymore, and if it does I don't see it. I guess maybe at some ultra fancy courses, but something makes me think this isn't the demographic they're marketing to. The only stuffiness I can think of is not letting golfers on tour wear shorts - which I genuinely hope goes away, and soon.

I get there being new looks, but IMO this is Nike going to extremes just to go to extremes. Coming from me, that's saying something as I'm typically receptive to whatever.

I generally agree. Basically there are three rules now at even nicer facilities: no denim, tuck in your shirt and have a collar.

Cargo shorts. Flat billed hats. Bold colored shoes. A million choices for colors, styles and fabrics for polos. Tell me again how golf is so stifling?

I think Nike's underlying premise to justify this line is bogus and they are just pushing the envelope for the sake of pushing it.

These are the sentiments I was trying to agree with before. Make something up and then market to it (which obviously isn't uncommon in marketing...Apple is the best at it and we all know how successful that company is).

Anyone besides me think that some of the newer Nike designs are just recycling looks/designs they used for their tennis athletes a couple years ago?

I love the tight/short look. I am an old guy but I really see it working for a younger demo. This was the best Nike golf line I have seen. I think perhaps by taking the emphasis off Tiger and being focused on their younger players needs they landed on some cool stuff.

nice to see some of Freddie's sock game peeking through those tights/high tops

nice to see some of Freddie's sock game peeking through those tights/high tops

My sock game is always on point!! Lol

Anyone catch Rory today out there? Wearing the new polos with the interesting necklines.

Not a fan at all, personally, but I'm sure it'll suit many people's eye.

Anyone catch Rory today out there? Wearing the new polos with the interesting necklines.

Not a fan at all, personally, but I'm sure it'll suit many people's eye.

Think it looks bad with a lower cut sweater.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I'll make sure I stay out of any photos this weekend as I'll be sporting both the blade and roll collars along with the chukkas

I don't want to offend those beautiful eyes of yours with my crazy kid collars :D

I am not offended by people wearing them. I simply asked what people thought of Rory wearing it, and shared my personal opinion.

I am not offended by people wearing them. I simply asked what people thought of Rory wearing it, and shared my personal opinion.

Dan, I put a smiley face at the end of sentence. I was messing with you.

Back