The Official Tiger Woods Thread

I thought with the Masters drop he thought he knew the rule, but the rule had changed at the bi annual update and he didn't realize it.

Or I just made that up. It sounded like something he said in a sound clip?

I thought with the Masters drop he thought he knew the rule, but the rule had changed at the bi annual update and he didn't realize it.

Do you dream that Tiger talks to you?

The way it played out, it seems that he was unaware that the phrase "as near as possible to the previous spot" meant exactly what it says. He deliberately gave himself "about" 2 clublengths, but the rule does not allow that much deviation when the previous spot is known exactly. Had both he and his caddie gone forward, then walked back, his play might have been allowed, as then the previous spot becomes somewhat less precise. The fact that Joe stayed there on the spot eliminated any possible confusion as to the location of the previous spot, and once Tiger explained his thinking in the interview after the round, any possible doubt was removed.

Kind of a half arsed apology, but that fits Brandels ego.

So you don't think that a player should know the rules, even if he doesn't make a living at the game? I realize that it's a common attitude among casual golfers, but it's one I've never really understood. For those who don't compete, it really doesn't matter, but I sometimes wonder about posted handicaps for guys who show little or no respect for the rules of the game.

By the way, I wasn't making a "comparison", simply stating what it says in the rule book. Tiger doesn't apparently know the rules as well as he should, but judging by the rather basic mistakes that are made too often on Tour, he is far from alone in that regard.

While I personally try to know as much of the rules as possible (I've read the new rulebook twice since it was released and will read it again this winter I'm sure, though I'll read anything put in front of me so don't think me anal for doing so), I don't care if anybody knows anything beyond 'put the ball in the hole' if they're 'just' playing for fun. If playing anything remotely competitive I think they should know the rules at a basic level though. And while I wish badly I had a link to reference, I've read from 2 different PGA golfers in the past month that they don't care about learning the rules b/c any time anything remotely different happens they just call over an official. And honestly, I can't blame them when it's so easy to do.

I like how Chamblee isn't afraid to go after Tiger....until he backtracks.

Nobody wants to rock the money boat. And race plays a part in it too.

I agree with Blu, I don't think for a minute race is involved in any way, Brandel just wants attention and will go the negative route when he has to to get it. I truly think he's the most jealous of Tiger out of anyone on tv.

I agree with Blu, I don't think for a minute race is involved in any way, Brandel just wants attention and will go the negative route when he has to to get it. I truly think he's the most jealous of Tiger out of anyone on tv.

Somebody check the thermostat in hell! Hehe

Haha I felt the same way.

Chamblee has been very critical of Tiger all year long...not to mention his severe distaste of Sean Foley. But it's these kind of "experts" that place such high expectations on Tiger and a lot of the expectations are very unrealistic. Hank Haney was 100% correct when he said Tiger had the attitude that "No matter what I do, it's never good enough"....I can't imagine or would want to be in Tigers shoes at any part of his life....

I've been a long time Tiger fan, have to say that first off. I've only just started looking into Sean Foley and I have to say I'm not a fan. Golf is difficult enough without breaking it down the way he does. Sure he gets good results with some players but I don't like some of the things he has tiger doing. In particular that move where he squats into the ball and explodes up out of it if that makes sense. I know the average club golfer could never do it consistently and I know Tiger is anything but average but I just don't like that move. I know a lot of the changes have to do with taking pressure off of Tiger's knee but I just can't see this swing ever being consistent enough to get him back to winning majors. I've rambled but meh....

I agree, I think Tiger would benefit from a Foldy swing change in his mid to late 40's but not now, he's still way too athletic. I know I'm in the minority but even though I respect Foldy and his accomplishments, the swing he teaches is ugly as shet and all his students look the same. They look uncomfortable and unsure and their short games are weak.

I like how Chamblee isn't afraid to go after Tiger....until he backtracks.

Nobody wants to rock the money boat. And race plays a part in it too.

Late to this, but I gotta say wow anyway.

So I'm thinking about going as Tiger Woods for Halloween. However, I'm white. Would it be "ok" to use brown make up to color my skin.

My costume would consist of a red Nike shirt, belt, shoes and glove(I already own all but the glove) and I'd also have to buy a Black TW hat.

What do you guys think. I can't think of anything else to dress up as.

So I'm thinking about going as Tiger Woods for Halloween. However, I'm white. Would it be "ok" to use brown make up to color my skin.

My costume would consist of a red Nike shirt, belt, shoes and glove(I already own all but the glove) and I'd also have to buy a Black TW hat.

It's sad in this day in age this question even needs to be asked.

No, you cannot! In this day and age when the world is overly PC you're likely to be hung, drawn and quartered. I'm messing with you, stuff what anyone else says, go as him, make sure to take along 20 or so skanks so you really look the part. :laughing:

Unless your C Thomas Howell in "Soul Man". No.

It's sad in this day in age this question even needs to be asked.

Like holding an old fashioned minstrel show, with white men in blackface, just won't fly these days. Back in the 50's, my uncle's Lion's Club used to do a minstrel show as a charity fundraiser, which contributed to charities without discrimination, but now it would be completely impossible, no matter who benefited from it.

As far as going as Tiger on Halloween, I would be uncomfortable doing it. Not so much because I think it would be wrong - I think it shows a certain amount of respect unless it's a bad spirited parody - but because you can never be sure how anyone else might take it.

I see it as being fun and funny. Since everyone I associate with is white and about half play golf I think it's just a comically costume.

Robert Downey Jr played a black man in Tropic Thunder and the Wayne's Brothers played white girls and the movie whet girls. I think that was worse, they change race and sex.

I see it as being fun and funny. Since everyone I associate with is white and about half play golf I think it's just a comically costume.

Robert Downey Jr played a black man in Tropic Thunder and the Wayne's Brothers played white girls and the movie whet girls. I think that was worse, they change race and sex.

In my opinion if you have to use "White Girls" as justification, it's obviously a bad idea.

So if you associated with people who were of a different ethnicity you wouldn't use the costume?

Awfully slippery slope there.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Back