New Wilson Staff C100 Irons - Preview Thread

Now these I like!

I don't like these as much as the other WS irons previewed on THP today.

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

Look at that cavity! Digging the two-tone.

Sharp looking. I like the design and not too bad from the top. Curious how they feel in hand and how they perform.

Am I the only one who doesn't like them? They don't have the classic golf look. They're too much like the new Robocop... it just doesn't seem right.

I'm not going to let looks get in the way of how something plays, so I'm definitely willing to give them a swing

Am I the only one who doesn't like them? They don't have the classic golf look. They're too much like the new Robocop... it just doesn't seem right.

I'm not going to let looks get in the way of how something plays, so I'm definitely willing to give them a swing

I'm not feeling it either pmm21, I agree with you...just doesn't feel right. I've never been a huge fan of Wilson Staff in general. I guess I can't get past the ole "fat shaft" irons and how hyped those were before they came out and bombed.

I'm not feeling it either pmm21, I agree with you...just doesn't feel right. I've never been a huge fan of Wilson Staff in general. I guess I can't get past the ole "fat shaft" irons and how hyped those were before they came out and bombed.

Lol. I actually played the fat shafts and liked them. I have since moved on. Lol. These are slick looking. I would give them a swing or 4.

Not crazy about that two-tone, but I do like the overall look. I like my Ci11s better, though.

I definitely like the two tone look. Pretty sweet

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Hard to pull off a club that looks both forgiving and classy. Like the two-tone scheme, as well as the minimalist colors. Very much in keeping with W/S' old-school look and appeal.

Those are some sharp looking sticks!!

Currently testing the TaylorMade SpeedBlades for THP.

Now these are sexy! I want to see these in person!

The number on the toe and the two tone black looks great. If they play as well as they look they will be awesome.

Looks pretty sweet to me.

I like the looks of these, never hit a Wilson but sure want to after seeing these.

They look nice. Be good to test them up against the ci11's.

Looks like something Yonex would put out in Japan, but not offer here... & that's not a bad thing.

i was leaning toward the new FG Tours, but now I definitely want to try both.

Good job W/S. There's a high probability you'll be back in the bag next year & I can quit feeling dirty for playing irons from the great white marketing machine.

Good looking clubs. I used to have a set of Wilson's and they were nice clubs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

I too like the Wilson C-series irons.
I think Wilson is very under-rated the past few years.
They used to be a premiere company 25 years ago, then fell way out of favor.
They essentially became a company that sold full sets that were sold in sporting goods stores.
After that, they had several years when they used those "fat" shafts, where the tip diameter was much greater than the standard .370 parallel tip or the .355 taper tip iron shafts. That never really caught on.

Now they are making some very good clubs. Unfortunately, not everybody is carrying their brand in stores. In my area, the only big box golf store is Golf Galaxy, and I do not see Wilson irons on their shelves. Thus, there's no chance to even give them a try.
As for color scheme, I would prefer that the whole club be a satin chrome finish.
I realize that many are in favor of the black at the heel and toe, but I just think that it leads to scuff marks.
It doesn't matter if one hits it on the sweet spot regularly, which isn't the gunmetal black color. One will still get scuffed up on the black areas simply from hitting off the turf or off of hitting mats at the driving range.
The color scheme on these irons makes me think of the Taylor Made Burner 2.0 irons.
Other than that, I wish more people had the opportunity to see these Wilson irons in the stores.

Not feeling much either way about the looks. Seem fine to me, but nothing that gets me excited. I wish they'd go back to the simple look of the Ci7's.

Very nice. My club seems to have Wilson here on demo a couple times a year; wondering when the next might be, now!

Deciding on new irons just got a lot harder between these and the new D100 ES and the new baffler xl irons.

To add into the mix all of last years offerings going on sale. Should be an interesting couple of months while I wait for the new golf season.

Great job Wilson Staff!

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2

Back