True Temper Tour - What would you want to see/demo?

CBaker

Winter is coming
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
So THP, 6 regions are going head to head in a few months battling it out for Regional bragging rights in Regional Rivalry, and 3 lucky THPers are going to win a stellar MVP award with a visit to the True Temper facilities. With True Temper and Project X coming on strong recently with back to back wins with the new Project X LZ's (Adam Scott) and have victories with the iron shafts in the last 5 straight PGA tour winners, True Temper/Project X are having a great start to 2016 on tour.

So, it's been talked about a bit in the event threads, but lets bring it to the entire forum...

What would you be most interested in seeing or even potentially demoing while at true temper if you were to be in the MVP's shoes? If you could pick any of their offerings to swap out in your current clubs, what would you want to put in? Are there any parts of your game that you think you could improve with a shaft change?

I'd just want to bother Don :angel:

In reality, I'd love to try the LZ shafts for fun, same with the AMT's.

I second the LZs they really high on the ponder list.

The LZs are at the top. Followed by any prototype driver shaft.

LZ iron shafts and Hzrdus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say it's Hzrdus all the way, but seeing the magic these folks have come up with over the past couple of years, I have trouble really narrowing it down. They seem to be always working and improving on what is already a really, really good product mix.

Red Hzrdous driver shafts!! PSI iron shafts!! LZ iron shafts!! I know there's more but I get too excited about my trip!!!

I'd just want to bother Don :angel:

In reality, I'd love to try the LZ shafts for fun, same with the AMT's.

I sincerely hope you win a regional rivalry event and get to visit the TT steel facility.

Because I won't be there and the odds are you couldn't win both a RR spot and a THPX spot.

There's so much I'd like to see and learn. I have no knowledge when it comes to shafts. I'd love to demo whatever they thought would be the best fit.

Include me in the crowd that would want to check out the LZ Shafts and would be curious to see how they would pair with my current irons.

I sincerely hope you win a regional rivalry event and get to visit the TT steel facility.

Because I won't be there and the odds are you couldn't win both a RR spot and a THPX spot.

His region is not competing in REgional Rivalry, so he is holding out hope for some fantastic quality time with his favorite Red Sox fan.

Talk about products that get hot on tour.
Almost none of the products mentioned here are True Temper...haha

Dont get me wrong, they are all amazing products, but dont sleep on AMT. And definitely dont sleep on the education and coolness factor that will be seen and heard.

LZ and more HZRDUS offerings in my fairway woods and hybrid.

Dont get me wrong, they are all amazing products, but dont sleep on AMT. And definitely dont sleep on the education and coolness factor that will be seen and heard.

I lump them together when I think PX I think TT as well.

I'd definitely like to demo each of the Hzrdus shafts for my driver and the LZ's look pretty amazing with their record over the past few weeks.

RR, no. The PX spot, oh you know I'm gonna be gunning for that just so I can sit next to my favorite person right before baseball playoffs.

XP 95 if we're talking strictly true temper... Throw in the DG Tour Issues as well.

I WANT THE MVP!!!!

RR, no. The PX spot, oh you know I'm gonna be gunning for that just so I can sit next to my favorite person right before baseball playoffs.

You'll get the ChumpFries memorial seat.

the AMT are legit. I have hit them in 6&7i and really like them compared to the original s300s

For me it would be the education factor. I really don't know much about shafts, how or why etc. I want to learn and I want the best people in the business to teach me! AMT, Project X steel, and Rifle shafts interest me.

I would like to spend some time with the AMT X100's, specifically in the 3 and 4 irons. But hitting all 3-PW in standard X100 and AMT X100 would be nice to see which provided better overall numbers for me. I'd like to do the same thing in my wedges, but throw in S400's too.

I'd really like to try the HZRDUS Red and Yellow for my fairways/hybrids. My driver shaft is pretty good I think :act-up:

would love to get the information on actual differences between materials used and flex points. the tech involved is astonishing.

The AMTs are my dream shafts. I struggle with lighter shafts in the short irons, but would love some lighter shafts in the mid/long irons. They'd be my #1.

I already have the s300 amt shafts in my irons, so id have to try some of the Project X shafts, LZ irons and HZRDUS and of course any prototype one they are working on.

And of course sit down and talk to listen to Don, i think that would be a high light for me.

Back