UK Summer Cup 2014 - Details

4. Strawboater, Mizuno Blue, Almdudler, El B

Honoured to be playing with you guys on the Sunday. I think fate has conspired to create the yellow ball dream team... :)

Honoured to be playing with you guys on the Sunday. I think fate has conspired to create the yellow ball dream team... :)
Well, Mizuno and I probably learnt something from Burnham and Berrow...Mizuno is playing a white ball on 18! El B is playing a white ball on 17!

I don't have to worry about reading all the rules now, I have a captsin and our esteemed leader & holder in my team.

Bandits at 1 o'clock

Hackers - your teams are complete. Let naming begin!

Awesome! Can be some real competition here! Seems like we have all five teams with good chances here! (Just by judging on the names, since I have met so few of you all!)

I heard that our team will be the underdogs.. You know how it always goes for them in the movies, right?! :bashful:

I don't have to worry about reading all the rules now, I have a captsin and our esteemed leader & holder in my team.

Bandits at 1 o'clock

I resemble that statement!:alien:

A good rule of thumb is ignore anything el b says ON the golf course. In court is a different matter.

Certainly I am sure to astound you with the water wedge display. Don't let the fact that there is no water fool you; put me in the Sahara with a 52 degree wedge and next shot will be a drop where the ball crossed the hazard line....:beat-up:

I resemble that statement!:alien:

A good rule of thumb is ignore anything el b says ON the golf course. In court is a different matter.

Certainly I am sure to astound you with the water wedge display. Don't let the fact that there is no water fool you; put me in the Sahara with a 52 degree wedge and next shot will be a drop where the ball crossed the hazard line....:beat-up:

Since the Sahara is kind of restless area I'm sure you're right! Wrong line and an H2O-bomb is yours! ;)
I'm starting to look forward to the court-thingy.. Should I be worried that I am!?

Sent from my Ericsson Hotline 900

Almdudler - Re Going Ostrich....

ummmm. No - would be my vote! Funny though. We could all wear Strawboaters in honour of our Captain....

Almdudler - Re Going Ostrich....

ummmm. No - would be my vote! Funny though. We could all wear Strawboaters in honour of our Captain....

Haha, that's actually not a bad idea!
(Had to Google it since I thought it was some kind of boat..)
Even though I'll look horrendous in a hat like that! :) I'm in for the honour of our captain!

Sent from my Ericsson Hotline 900

I knew you guys were classy. ;)

Just a ponder cause my company has us on a 2 week shutdown @ that time. Wondering if I could get a visa how much $s would this cost?

Just a ponder cause my company has us on a 2 week shutdown @ that time. Wondering if I could get a visa how much $s would this cost?

Looking at a currency convertor, our £125 works out at just under $210 for the accommodation and golf

So I guess it depends on where you could get a flight to (and obviously the cost of the flight) as you would then need to get from the airport to the venue - unfortunately I am travelling from completely the wrong direction to say I could pick someone up from the airport as I am assuming it would be a London arrival - plus I already have a car full as 2 of us are sharing

Do you really need a visa to get from US to UK? I don´t think so..
Found this on the US embassy page:
"U.S. citizens are generally allowed to travel to the U.K. without a visa if they are coming only for tourism and only for a short time. However, the decision on admission to the U.K. is made by British authorities (the UK Border Agency – UKBA) in accordance with British law. Under British law, some common activities may not be considered “tourism.” Religious volunteers, charity workers, interns, prospective students and others pursuing special programs may need to get a visa before traveling to the U.K."

Would be great if you could accompany us! :)

Last edited:
Maybe just a passport.
Transportation would be an issue, don't know I trust myself driving on the wrong side of the road. Lol
Right now econo tickets are around $1600

I only live 10 minutes from Birmingham Airport so that could be an option, otherwise if you get to fly into Bristol you'd be on the doorstep but not sure they have large planes land their?

Well its just a ponder but I'll look into it more

Transportation would be an issue, don't know I trust myself driving on the wrong side of the road. Lol

I know the feeling! I was terrified the first time when i was in the drivers seat and there was no steering wheel or pedals.. :bulgy-eyes:

Hey Bulldog - if you can get to the UK - we can handle ground transport et al. London will be your best bet - any of the airports is no problem.

StrawBoater - I'll leave Team headwear to you then! (Incidentally I have a BIG head - in more ways than one!)

Just playing around & found fly into Amsterdam & connect to Bristol

Just playing around & found fly into Amsterdam & connect to Bristol

Only thing to check if you go via Amsterdam is how long you have between flights as Amsterdam is a bloody big airport and it can take quite a while to get from one end to the other if the arrival and departure gates happen to work out that way

I don't know if you have the option of flying into Manchester and a short hop to Bristol? (Just trying to think of other options)

Shot a cheeky little 84 yesterday boys (3 under) - Have a new friend in my Gentleman's Persuader - a Ping 7 wood. You modern chaps have you 3 irons and hybrid thingies... but no Gentleman should be without his persuader...

I have no idea why I christened it that - but I used it off a Winter tee mat - and blow me if it didn't fly 200 yards into the wind as straight as an arrow! Still managed to bunker the approach - but that little puppy is staying in the bag!

Shot a cheeky little 84 yesterday boys (3 under) - Have a new friend in my Gentleman's Persuader - a Ping 7 wood. You modern chaps have you 3 irons and hybrid thingies... but no Gentleman should be without his persuader...

I have no idea why I christened it that - but I used it off a Winter tee mat - and blow me if it didn't fly 200 yards into the wind as straight as an arrow! Still managed to bunker the approach - but that little puppy is staying in the bag!

Nicely done!

Seems like the low 80's is our thing in the strawboaterer team! What loft are that 7 wood rocking?

Fantastic, everyone seems to be turning the corner and heading in the right direction with their golf. Whereas I seem to have taken a wrong turn and got stuck in the backstreets, adding a couple of extra strokes every round :banghead:

Fantastic, everyone seems to be turning the corner and heading in the right direction with their golf. Whereas I seem to have taken a wrong turn and got stuck in the backstreets, adding a couple of extra strokes every round :banghead:

Don't you worry lad! The road will turn quite a few times for everyone before the big day is here.. :)

Last edited:
Back