Cobra AMP CELL Driver & AMP CELL Pro Driver Preview

Driver worked good today in the cold weather. Hit 10/14 fairways and still good yardage. Hit the first 6 fairways in a row which never happens. Loving it
Nice Roberto!

Driver worked good today in the cold weather. Hit 10/14 fairways and still good yardage. Hit the first 6 fairways in a row which never happens. Loving it

Still set at 8.5?

The first couple of rounds with my Amp Cell Red was set to 11.5* and I was leaking everything to the right. Last Saturday I switched it to 10.5D and started hitting it dead straight with a nice mid-high ball flight. I hit 13 of 14 fairways which is unheard of for me...With my new Amp Cell Driver my biggest weakness in my game is going to become a strength. OBTW I have the stock regular shaft, I swing like an old man after having hip surgery.

Another day with the CAC and the 'ahina and I am more in love with this combo everyday. I have to admit that I used driver more today than usual, but I hit 3 drives that we GPS measured between 290 and 300 and a bunch that were 270+. This is extremely long for me, but the high loft, low spin combination really works for me.

Amp Cell was an absolute winner today. 11/14 fairways and the 3 "misses" were very playable and because I was trying to cut corners. Even in a dense fog and with really soft ground I was averaging about 270 yards today.

Only hit 50% of my fairways today but only 2 were bad and they were my fault. Still shot 7 over which is real good for me.

I was trying to show my playing partners how forgiving this driver is so after a drive where I knew I completely mishit it I showed them where contact was made. The ball mark was clearly very low on the heel. The result? A mid-flight baby fade that only lost about 20 yards. Cobra may have some new customers soon hehe.

This really is a great driver. Before this driver I had tried about 10 in the last 2 years.
And the only ones I could hit well were offset models.
This is a really great driver.

Another day with the CAC and the 'ahina and I am more in love with this combo everyday. I have to admit that I used driver more today than usual, but I hit 3 drives that we GPS measured between 290 and 300 and a bunch that were 270+. This is extremely long for me, but the high loft, low spin combination really works for me.

This is the thing about this driver. It makes you want to play more aggressive and use driver when you may not have before. It totally changes your outlook from the teebox.

Went to the range yesterday with my CAC Red 9.5* Aldila NVS 65 R and was just smashing them straight with with a medium height ball flight. Just what I want! I love this driver. I put on some face impact sheets to see where I was hitting on the face and almost all where dead center. I had one that was on the heel, but I knew I over rotated as I was swinging...hate that.
This is a great set up for me and lets me really be aggressive on my swing.

Took the CAC out to the range again. This driver in Stiff is unplayable for me. Way too whippy. The 55g shaft in the R1 seems to play closer to flex than the Fuji Fuel 60g in the CAC. Looking forward to a lower launch low spin shaft. This head is really forgiving and I really want it to work out. I'll report back later this week when i get the new shaft.

Took the CAC out to the range again. This driver in Stiff is unplayable for me. Way too whippy. The 55g shaft in the R1 seems to play closer to flex than the Fuji Fuel 60g in the CAC. Looking forward to a lower launch low spin shaft. This head is really forgiving and I really want it to work out. I'll report back later this week when i get the new shaft.

Once you get the right shaft in this head, it's pretty much point and shoot.

Still struggling to be within 10 yards of my average drives with the RBZ Stage 2 driver. Hitting it straight to slight draw, but distance not there.

I am crushing this with the Kusala White but am thinking of trying the Blue and the 11.5 setting. My miss has been a pull or huge pull draw. Every other driver I have played my miss was way right, wonder how the Kusala Blue would fair? I am getting the carry I want now but would like some roll out. I am guessing this is not the time to tinker around as it's getting cold out and hardly any rollout. Will a good LM give me fair numbers?

I am crushing this with the Kusala White but am thinking of trying the Blue and the 11.5 setting. My miss has been a pull or huge pull draw. Every other driver I have played my miss was way right, wonder how the Kusala Blue would fair? I am getting the carry I want now but would like some roll out. I am guessing this is not the time to tinker around as it's getting cold out and hardly any rollout. Will a good LM give me fair numbers?

On the one hand I fully encourage you to throw a Kusala Blue into your Amp Cell; as I said before it is easily the best all-around driver combo I've ever swung. On the other hand if you are killing your current combo it might be best not to tinker too much.

The combo I'm using paired with my swing is giving me 11.5* launch angle, 2700 backspin and carrying around 255-270. SS is about 108 when in control.

Still struggling to be within 10 yards of my average drives with the RBZ Stage 2 driver. Hitting it straight to slight draw, but distance not there.

To me this is WAY more important than 10 yards. In the fairway more than makes up for the distance.

Not sure what your SS is but the Black Tie is $$$$$$$$ for me with this head.

I bought the amp cell with stock regular flex shaft. I started hooking it regularly. I thought about buying an amp cell pro since it has an adjustment for open face. I ended up buying a Cleveland driver with X flex shaft. I hit it straight but miss the look of my amp cell. Would it be worth it to switch to the amp cell pro with a stiffer shaft?

I bought the amp cell with stock regular flex shaft. I started hooking it regularly. I thought about buying an amp cell pro since it has an adjustment for open face. I ended up buying a Cleveland driver with X flex shaft. I hit it straight but miss the look of my amp cell. Would it be worth it to switch to the amp cell pro with a stiffer shaft?

I think so. Or get fitted and spring for an after market. The head is just toooo good

Back