Big Break NFL: Puerto Rico (Spoilers)

I have dvr'd it. Only watched the first episode so far. Rooting for my fellow Mountaineer, Marc Bulger.

Watched some of it today and was really surprised at how well of a golfer Jerry Rice is.

Looks like we get to see Brian throw a club in the water...

Looks like we get to see Brian throw a club in the water...

He hasn't changed a bit. He's a head case.

Emily's putting though. She needs confidence. That's why she missed the stroke. Been there, done that. No confidence to put the proper pace on it, you decelerate and leave the face wide open. Happened to me at an important tournament too.

Feel bad for her. It's not just you that falls because of your mistake, it's also Isaac's future. I can't imagine.

Emily's putting though. She needs confidence. That's why she missed the stroke. Been there, done that. No confidence to put the proper pace on it, you decelerate and leave the face wide open. Happened to me at an important tournament too.

Feel bad for her. It's not just you that falls because of your mistake, it's also Isaac's future. I can't imagine.

I like Isaac. He seems like a really nice guy and genuine. But if you really think he's got a future as a golf pro, well then... THat could be said about any of the people on this show. Make no mistake about it, while the winner will get a neat opportunity to play a pro tournament, that will be all it will be for any of these players. This entire season is for entertainment purposes only and to watch how some ex-NFL players are really good golfers as well. Isaac better pack his bag if he's hanging his pro career on the performance of Emily.

I like Isaac. He seems like a really nice guy and genuine. But if you really think he's got a future as a golf pro, well then... THat could be said about any of the people on this show. Make no mistake about it, while the winner will get a neat opportunity to play a pro tournament, that will be all it will be for any of these players. This entire season is for entertainment purposes only and to watch how some ex-NFL players are really good golfers as well. Isaac better pack his bag if he's hanging his pro career on the performance of Emily.

I don't actually think Isaac has a career in Pro Golf. But hey, get in the PGA Tour event. Play great, make the cut. It opens doors.

It's funny to see Emily play so bad. She's actually a good player on the Symetra Tour.

As for any of them having a Tour Career. It's possible (i.e 2 Gloves), but just look at Mark Silvers, Greenbrier winner. Solid player all throughout the show. Played the best golf out of anyone. Goes to Q-School and gets a partial membership on the Web.Com Tour. Of the 8 events he played, he made 1 cut. If that doesn't show you how hard it is out there, I don't know what will. You gotta bring your A game everyday. And even for some, it's not enough.

OH no doubt about the opportunity. And I agree as to Tommy Gainey and the regular shows, but the people that they brought back for THIS series of the show was all about entertainment, not serious golf skill. Now I say that speaking with relativity. In relation to most golfers, these guys have serious game. In relation to players who will be playing in the PGA they do not. I think that of the women, off the top of my head, Emily probably has the best chance of having a good career. She's young enough and she has some game too. I just wish they would show her more, but have to listen to her less, LOL.

I was really blown away to see how many of them missed the green in the first challenge.....they were picking pretty comfortable wedge distances for most of those guys and the majority of them didn't even hit the green.

Big Break NFL Puerto Rico

Big Break NFL Puerto Rico

How many of you guys out there watch the Big Break NFL Puerto Rico?

I agree about feeling bad for Em. That's a lot of pressure riding in you. And I also agree she just needs the confidence. Nothing more frightening than those putts when you have none.

I was really blown away to see how many of them missed the green in the first challenge.....they were picking pretty comfortable wedge distances for most of those guys and the majority of them didn't even hit the green.

My gf and I said the same thing while watching. Couldn't believe they could hit that green. That green was small by any means either.

I'm pullin for Team Brown. I like Will and his story. Would be cool to see him succeed. And obviously being an ND fan, I'm pullin for Tim Brown.

I'm not familiar with Will's story, but that cross-handed grip looks extremely awkward. I've never seen that on a full swing before.

OH no doubt about the opportunity. And I agree as to Tommy Gainey and the regular shows, but the people that they brought back for THIS series of the show was all about entertainment, not serious golf skill. Now I say that speaking with relativity. In relation to most golfers, these guys have serious game. In relation to players who will be playing in the PGA they do not. I think that of the women, off the top of my head, Emily probably has the best chance of having a good career. She's young enough and she has some game too. I just wish they would show her more, but have to listen to her less, LOL.

Ehhh diasgree. Of the guys, I think Lepp has the best chance. Dude is solid. I just wish he would focus on Kikkormore. Of the girls, I say Stef. She's mostly hitting good shots and being solid. She's done well on the Symetra Tour too.

I agree on Lepp, but he has the shoe thing going which is a distraction from the time required for a playing career. And I think that he will be better off in the long run going that route. Maybe he's able to juggle both though.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

So far here is what I really want to see from this season:

Team Doleman complete implode and go postal on each other
Meghan continue to embarrass herself
Bulger get sacked

I really like this season so far.

Mallory is back! Not only that, but she was rocking a really cool Golf4Her hat on last night's episode. I loved seeing her eliminate people in her last season. I think their team has a good shot. Will was a semi-finalist in his season.

I can't stand Brian. That guy is not a very good person in my opinion. He is toxic and will be a detriment to his team.

I think Al Del Greco is the most consistent pro out there. He has been clutch in every event.

Emily, what can I say? Even pros miss 2 footers on rare occasion. She seems to make a habit of it. I don't think that is something she is going to get over in this short a time frame.

Chad and Zakiya are my least favorite contestants.

So far here is what I really want to see from this season:

Team Doleman complete implode and go postal on each other
Meghan continue to embarrass herself
Bulger get sacked

This is a given. I thought about the, "Oh, it's 1 episode, she can't be THAT bad."

Boy was I wrong. How do you miss a green from 100 yards as a PRO.

Emily's putting is like the '03 Cubs, just life-changingly heartbreaking. She's got a great swing and she has been playing well on tour but geez, she needs to get on whatever program Sergio was on to fix those short putts. I feel bad for Lepp. He's probably the only player in the group and he got saddled with the worst partner out there.

I think Lepp is the best golfer of the guys, and Steph of the girls. I'm pulling for those two anyways.
I think as viewers it's tough to understand the pressure they are under for these shots. Who knows how long they are just standing there waiting for cameras to get into position while the wind changes, they second guess themselves etc. It's probably the equivalent of playing a 7 hour round.

Back