Odyssey White Hot Pro Putter Review

Excellent review Hawk. I have been able to roll a White Hot Pro on multiple occassions and you're exactly right, it is familiar "just like coming home". I like the feel and the sound of the insert a lot. The proof of the Odyssey goodness is definitely in the pudding as it seems every week you see another Odyssey putter in the bag of a top notch tour player. That to me says all you need to know right there! Thanks Hawk!

I want the #9. The thought of rolling a Chrome+ with it gives me goose bumps. It would be like hitting two mizuno irons together. #butter

LOL I like jlukes.

Great review Hawk. Very informative and I really enjoyed the reading. I have spent a little time with these and I do think they are very classic Odyssey but with a much needed update on the insert. I find them to be not as soft and get a much better feedback in regards to the sound with these.

Once again, another fantastic review Ryan!!! I do enjoy reading your thoughts and the v-line update is no exception!!

To me, the White Hot Pro insert screams classic Odyssey. It’s undeniably soft and offers a sound and feel that is just like coming home. It should be instantly familiar to any golfer that has spent time with a White Hot putter in the past. It’s soft without being spongy and gives the ball a quick forward roll.

This speaks to me a lot. I happened to think the same thing when rolling them in store, although it certainly wasn't the hottest face I'd been messing with. Definitely a much better option IMO than the Metal X.

Appreciate that gentlemen!

I'd agree with you, Dan. I wasn't a big fan of the Metal X, though I understand why it was popular with some people. As a person that used an Odyssey insert as his first 'real' putter, it's one that I can appreciate and enjoy at any time, even though it isn't necessarily my first choice.

Well done Hawk, I like the comparison to the saber tooth. It was one of my favorites in that line. The vLine attracted me during my fitting. I'm betting it is a solid role.

Do they make a #5 center shafted model? I know that theyre available in belly and long styles but cant seem to find them anywhere at a standard length

My WHP 2-Ball birthday present to myself arrived today. Cant wait to get it on the practice green (prob weds) and give it some rolls. Kelly had me sold on his back in July, just been waiting for the right time to grab one.

My WHP 2-Ball birthday present to myself arrived today. Cant wait to get it on the practice green (prob weds) and give it some rolls. Kelly had me sold on his back in July, just been waiting for the right time to grab one.

I guess I should add, I immediately put in the 370 g weight so it will match my current White Ice in weight. The WHP has a SuperStroke on it, so it will be interesting to see how that help/hurts me too.

This is seriously my favorite putter line in five years. My orig white hot 2 ball I got second hand died two yrs ago and I have been slumming it with a clevelandclassic 3 ever since. I may have to save a few pennies for one of these.

Hey Jake, we are now putter twins dude. How'd you end up liking that #1?

Not going to gush, since I just got the thing and don't want to look the fool here if it doesn't work out long term. Still, practice green results have been very positive so far. Never thought I'd be gaming an Anser style putter. They get such a bad rap on the internet and I'm thinking that's unfounded at best. Insert is nice, speed control is good, lines up well. Not much more I can ask for at this point. Hopefully I can make some putts this weekend.

So far, decent results with the #1. Had a few longer putts that I flew by the hole. Not sure why I'm doing that, but I'm going to guess it's because I suck at golf. 5-10 feet is very solid though. Sets up nicely on those putts and I dropped more than I had been in recent times. Still sticking with the stock grip. No reason to change it that I've seen so far.

So far, decent results with the #1. Had a few longer putts that I flew by the hole. Not sure why I'm doing that, but I'm going to guess it's because I suck at golf. 5-10 feet is very solid though. Sets up nicely on those putts and I dropped more than I had been in recent times. Still sticking with the stock grip. No reason to change it that I've seen so far.

Im playing the #1 as well and I like it a lot especially at the price point for the WHP line. I'm also enjoy the stock grip and actually saw they starting selling it as a stand alone in the grip section. I think its a much better grip then what they put on the Versa line.

Im playing the #1 as well and I like it a lot especially at the price point for the WHP line. I'm also enjoy the stock grip and actually saw they starting selling it as a stand alone in the grip section. I think its a much better grip then what they put on the Versa line.

Have to love the price. Really, I think it's the best line they've put out in a while. So many different designs, classic insert, and a nice low key finish to it. I can see the grip being hit or miss for people though. Still, I figure it's good enough for me at the moment.

Sub 30 with the WHP #1 today. First time in a while. Good wedges helped, but I actually made all but one putt in that 3-5 foot range. I struggled in that range for about a month, so that was nice. It sets up just right for that distance to my eye. Speed control was improved over last week.

I never noticed how much slow, unkept greens suck until I played this weekend (after playing on damn near perfect greens last weekend). Definitely took a little time to adjust and I just plain felt like I was hammering the ball to the hole.

#1 continues to be a winner for me though, even on the slow surfaces. Made a handful in that 10+ foot range to save some scores and didn't miss a short putt all day. I still don't believe that I'm finding so much success with shorter putts using this style. Just an easy one for me to see pointing at the hole and it is consistently on my line.

I moved to the Odyssey 1 with the idea that I wanted to be familiar with the brand going into the Grandaddy - since Harry basically made it sound as if we'd be able to play anything that they have out there at the time. Obviously the big draw at the moment is the new milled Metal X's, and rightfully so. That being said, unless that putter flat out blows me away, I'm gaming the WHP #1. Really, even if it blows me away I'm probably still playing the WHP. I hate messing with a good thing and I'm there to win. This putter has been very good to me.

I wonder what will replace this line. Best non-specialty line from Callaway in years and I'm curious if they leave it alone or try to top it.

There's a lot of love for that insert out there. I still lust after a #9. May try to grab one of these during the holiday sales...

The insert is the best they've had in a long time imo.

I almost got a Versa instead of the WHP #1, but I realized there wasn't an alignment line. Made the right choice there.

The insert is the best they've had in a long time imo.

I almost got a Versa instead of the WHP #1, but I realized there wasn't an alignment line. Made the right choice there.

Yep. WHP #9 just made the ol' christmas list. Boss says I'm not allowed to buy anything before then. :D 30 days may be a challenge, but I shall try!

I picked up a White Hot Pro #3 as a prop for my Callaway MC video and was planning on just returning it but after a few go rounds on the kicthen floor this thing feels phenomenal and set up extremely well. I think the PR might be getting benched for a bit to see how this new development pans out.

No surprise there. It's a great line.

Back