I finally did it. A new PB after 6 years!

That's awesome rollin! I love to hear people shooting PB's and it's a truly gratifying feeling to see your hard work paying off on the scorecard.

Nicely done! below 85 is a very nice play to be

Awesome!! Congratulations on the new PB! It is always gratifying to see the hardwork pay off, and translate on the golf course. Congratulations!

Congrats. So happy to hear about the new PB, and I can tell you're excitement level is through the roof.

Nice, congrats rollin! I know you've been really working to get your score down

Thankls to all for the good wishes. My goals this year was to improve in all areas, be more consistant, and in turn that should been able to mean 80's even if not a new PB but althought I got better in all areas to some degree the inconsistencies still plagued me as I've mentioned.

Wonderful as this is and as excited I am and great to share it with you all I'm not expecting miracles now and will keep it humble. Just one shot and one hole at a time and hopefully will continue some better consistancy for whatever remainder of this seasons golf I can manage to get in before winter hits us here in the northeast. Been doing this too many years and while I share this celebration I do know all too well that i must keep it humble and with that thought process I hope I can start to play the bit more consistent golf I been working hard at doing.

Congrats on a job very well done!!

Congrats. I love hearing about others PB. Excited for you. Keep up the good work with the lessons.

Congrats on the PB!

Way to go rollin...PB are always great! I hope you can keep it up!

Awesome, beating a PB is always great

Tapping from my IPhone

A lot of ups and downs for me this year. started decent but then since taking lessons for first time in very many years I went backwards. Took me 7 or 8 rounds just to get back sub 100 after my lessons. Since then its been bouncing few rounds low 90's then a few high 90's and even over 100 again and back lower again etc..

Lately I've settled down and a bit more consistent in low 90's. But just still couldn't eliminate the few blowups that kept me from 80's. Did shoot an 88 once but that was pre-lessons early spring and havnt got even close to back there again. The way things have gone this year since the lessons I was pretty happy to be staying low 90's as of late and honestly going to be very happy to just break 90 again this year before winter hits. But it has been a battle and just not happening.

Well finally today it all came together nicely and not only did I go sub 90 for first time since the lessons but I beat my 6year old PB of 86 and shot an 84. AMAZING!!!

I simply had no blowup holes. No triples, no quads. No flopping the ball for three strokes in a row etc. Only had two doubles. Had 8 pars. Hit 7 fairways, and 10 greens. Only one really errant tee shot and no really errant approach shots. The fairway and green misses where kept in play and very manageable. My chipping/short pitching was good on the missed greens except for one shot I flopped to a bunker but got right out and still made bogey.
I did miss a couple close birdie putts too but overall putting was good with only two 3putts. Everything was just the most consistent round I ever played from every part of my game. Put in a lot of work towards golf this year relative to my resources and man it finally feels very good. Finally after six years. Yippie!! Thanks for listening.

Congrats! I actually shot a personal best of 84 this year too! My game sounds a lot like yours. I typically stay around the low 90s to high 80s. That is usually with one blow up hole. When I shot my 84 I did the exact same thing. I didn't play lights out but just played consistent with no blow up holes, no three putts, kept the ball in play off the tee and hit a few greens in the process. Congrats again! Here's hoping for an 83 next time :clapp:

Congrats! I actually shot a personal best of 84 this year too! My game sounds a lot like yours. I typically stay around the low 90s to high 80s. That is usually with one blow up hole. When I shot my 84 I did the exact same thing. I didn't play lights out but just played consistent with no blow up holes, no three putts, kept the ball in play off the tee and hit a few greens in the process. Congrats again! Here's hoping for an 83 next time :clapp:

thank you and congratz to you as well. Truthfully I just want to stay somewhat consistant enough to keep things mostly 80's and i know this one round just like any others I've been below 90 doesnt mean that.. If i can do that I wont mind the low 90's being part of it on occasion but i just dont want to stay 90's and flirt with a 100. Just want to finally move down the scale and settle in just a bit by staying just that bit more consistant. At least for now after 20 years plus of on/off golfing (sometimes just a few rounds a year) that would finally make me happy and feel like I've acomplished the next step or goal to more consistant golf at my relative level especially since now playing more than ever before. Once and if that happens then perhaps new goals will set in but for now just give me that bit more consistancy that moves me into a better golfer area (from my view) vs the slop-it-up hacker look that I can put out tomorrow. lol

And thanks again to all for the support

A lot of ups and downs for me this year. started decent but then since taking lessons for first time in very many years I went backwards. Took me 7 or 8 rounds just to get back sub 100 after my lessons. Since then its been bouncing few rounds low 90's then a few high 90's and even over 100 again and back lower again etc..

Lately I've settled down and a bit more consistent in low 90's. But just still couldn't eliminate the few blowups that kept me from 80's. Did shoot an 88 once but that was pre-lessons early spring and havnt got even close to back there again. The way things have gone this year since the lessons I was pretty happy to be staying low 90's as of late and honestly going to be very happy to just break 90 again this year before winter hits. But it has been a battle and just not happening.

Well finally today it all came together nicely and not only did I go sub 90 for first time since the lessons but I beat my 6year old PB of 86 and shot an 84. AMAZING!!!

I simply had no blowup holes. No triples, no quads. No flopping the ball for three strokes in a row etc. Only had two doubles. Had 8 pars. Hit 7 fairways, and 10 greens. Only one really errant tee shot and no really errant approach shots. The fairway and green misses where kept in play and very manageable. My chipping/short pitching was good on the missed greens except for one shot I flopped to a bunker but got right out and still made bogey.
I did miss a couple close birdie putts too but overall putting was good with only two 3putts. Everything was just the most consistent round I ever played from every part of my game. Put in a lot of work towards golf this year relative to my resources and man it finally feels very good. Finally after six years. Yippie!! Thanks for listening.

That's awesome, congrats! I love reading stories like this.

Congrats ! My PB is also an 84, and its been 2 seasons, still haven't come close to it again.... next year hopefully !

That is a stellar score, Rollin! Congrats on the PB!

congratz on the PB!

Back