The 2013-14 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty cool that he gave Mward a job holding his biz cards.

Not as glamorous as it seems. The pay is as small as I am

I will wear my leather FSU jacket that I got when I was 12 this weekend for the game. It doesnt fit but I will make it! HAHA

[video=youtube;BYB3Fx0a8-4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYB3Fx0a8-4[/video]

[video=youtube;BYB3Fx0a8-4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYB3Fx0a8-4[/video]

LOL exactly what I did when I tried to put it on the other day. Managed to not rip it though.

Arent all college fans bandwagon fans?
Most dont root until they show up in the city (on campus)
Then proclaim to be diehards till the day they die and since birth.
With wonderful slogans like #RollTajh
Typically, yes.

Except for me.

LOL exactly what I did when I tried to put it on the other day. Managed to not rip it though.

So, the current score is:

Jacket -- 1

Pants -- 0

#RollPants

Typically, yes.

Except for me.

FWIW, me too. I was dropped into the FSU thing pretty early. My family went there. And my step brother does what he does with their programs. But typically it is. Look at northern high school kids praising schools like Rutgers and then decking themselves out in the #RollOrange the next day.

Nothing wrong with it of course, its part of the culture. I still think FSU falls short this week. Just not ready yet. About a year maybe 2 away from national spotlight.

FWIW, me too. I was dropped into the FSU thing pretty early. My family went there. And my step brother does what he does with their programs. But typically it is. Look at northern high school kids praising schools like Rutgers and then decking themselves out in the #RollOrange the next day.

Nothing wrong with it of course, its part of the culture. I still think FSU falls short this week. Just not ready yet. About a year maybe 2 away from national spotlight.
I still hold to my original thought; If FSU scores 35+, they win.

I dont know if its because I am such a huge sports fan, but I never understood the "cheering for more than 1 team" mentality. My heart says that FSU is going to pull the upset but my head tells me, you are probably right.

The fact that this needed to be said is hilarious:

Interesting that Vegas has FSU favored by 2.5 to 3 points and a few FSU fans here see it as a loss.

Clemson can't play like they did against Boston College, FSU's defense is much bigger and faster.

Interesting that Vegas has FSU favored by 2.5 to 3 points and a few FSU fans here see it as a loss.

Clemson can't play like they did against Boston College, FSU's defense is much bigger and faster.
Vegas isnt in it to pick who wins and by how much. Vegas is in it for people to take the bet and to make money.

Vegas isnt in it to pick who wins and by how much. Vegas is in it for people to take the bet and to make money.

Sure. I'm just surprised that more money is coming in on the FSU side. Has to be that way for them to be favored in a big road game where being home team is usually considered worth 3 points.

Surprised that FSU fans here are expecting a loss when more money nationally must be landing on the FSU side of the bet.

Haha....That is so fitting its hysterical. Typical Clemson.
You must be so proud ATL. So proud

Sure. I'm just surprised that more money is coming in on the FSU side. Has to be that way for them to be favored in a big road game where being home team is usually considered worth 3 points.

Surprised that FSU fans here are expecting a loss when more money nationally must be landing on the FSU side of the bet.

Probably cause some of us have just seen it all happen before. It's not hard to assume the worst. I think they're going to win just so I can laugh at Clemson fans and enjoy the bump up the rankings.

I will say though, if Clemson pulls any trick play BS just to advance the ball, I'm going to be mad and hope we put 100 up on them, then break their rock when we leave.

Looks like Vegas betting is following Jeff Sagarins computer predictor. Sagarin has FSU at #3 and Clemson at #9. FSU's predictor number is 92.24 and Clemson's is 87.41. Add 3 points to Clemson for home field and it's a little less than 2 points of a favorite to FSU.

Heck who knows. I just hope the game is as fun to watch as I think it will be.

Probably cause some of us have just seen it all happen before. It's not hard to assume the worst. I think they're going to win just so I can laugh at Clemson fans and enjoy the bump up the rankings.

I will say though, if Clemson pulls any trick play BS just to advance the ball, I'm going to be mad and hope we put 100 up on them, then break their rock when we leave.

Clemson fans can say the same thing. Both fan bases will be sitting on the edge of their seat saying "oh, lord, not this time! Don't blow it!"

Hey and one of Clemson's own fans already broke the rock!

I suspect this is because Clemson fans usually do a "Eff the Seminoles" chant while Noles fans do the Chop.

Admittedly, those were some of the highlights of the FSU games while being at Clemson (when they were absolutely terrible in football). That, and the free shoes that the FSU players always left behind.

Looks like Vegas betting is following Jeff Sagarins computer predictor. Sagarin has FSU at #3 and Clemson at #9. FSU's predictor number is 92.24 and Clemson's is 87.41. Add 3 points to Clemson for home field and it's a little less than 2 points of a favorite to FSU.

Heck who knows. I just hope the game is as fun to watch as I think it will be.

I stopped reading at "Jeff Sagarins." I suspect the rest included ridiculous arguments supported by incredibly spun numbers. Or, as I like to call it, "Jeff Sagarins."

I'm still hoping that Clemson can get a 10+ point lead so you can start sending me texts bragging about the score.

#RollFSUMath

I stopped reading at "Jeff Sagarins." I suspect the rest included ridiculous arguments supported by incredibly spun numbers. Or, as I like to call it, "Jeff Sagarins."

I think you are thinking of Phil Steele. That guy is a hack. Sagarin's is one of the computer programs used by the BCS formula.

I just hope we can hear more about #RollTajh and #OrangeTomahawkChop

I guess when you have never been there, you dont know what to do when you are there.

#EffinClueless

Maybe Bama can break out their "Roll Ducks Roll" shirts from 2010. LMAO.

I seem to remember them getting a crack at an SEC champion in 2010. I'm not sure how that worked out, does anyone remember who won that game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back