THP Regional Rivalry - NY/NJ vs New England - Sponsored By True Temper

I prefer to call it a power fade. You'll see in a few months hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was telling OITW the other day that you're one of the only people I know that can actually call it a power fade.

After a miserable ball striking round and wondering where my swing went, I spent about 2 hours on the range working on everything in the bag. Left feeling really good - figured out the issue - was turning my shoulders way too flat and wasn't transferring weight right - too much sway. At the end of the session I was hitting my normal lengths with what felt like half the effort.

My putting has come along well from last year - probably in part from just sticking with a putter once I got used to it - I made a few mid-range putts the other day and was leaving everything I missed close. Just need to spend some time in a practice bunker.

My bag is pretty much set with the fairways I have on order - just need to figure out if I want to switch up wedge lofts and go back to 54-58.

So what's everyone doing for Regional Rivalry prep this week?

I have some new (to me) irons I'm going to clean up and get out on the range for at least 1-2 sessions this week. I'm also going to be continuing to work on what I was given at my lesson last week, which is turning into my right thigh on the backswing, starting my downswing with my left hip, and keeping my arms relaxed to allow the natural release. All of those things I can do inside or in the garage, and then I'll take 'em to the range later this week.

What do you have on tap?[/QUOTE

Absolutely will be hitting the range this week, my woods were an absolute farce this weekend. If my woods are even slight improvement over Saturday I'm fine.

Then teeing it up Saturday. So we'll see what happens.

I was telling OITW the other day that you're one of the only people I know that can actually call it a power fade.

After a miserable ball striking round and wondering where my swing went, I spent about 2 hours on the range working on everything in the bag. Left feeling really good - figured out the issue - was turning my shoulders way too flat and wasn't transferring weight right - too much sway. At the end of the session I was hitting my normal lengths with what felt like half the effort.

My putting has come along well from last year - probably in part from just sticking with a putter once I got used to it - I made a few mid-range putts the other day and was leaving everything I missed close. Just need to spend some time in a practice bunker.

My bag is pretty much set with the fairways I have on order - just need to figure out if I want to switch up wedge lofts and go back to 54-58.

Can't wait to see the power fade, really building it up haha.

I needed to go to the range instead of that chip shots place, i think i need a tetanus shot.

So what's everyone doing for Regional Rivalry prep this week?

I have some new (to me) irons I'm going to clean up and get out on the range for at least 1-2 sessions this week. I'm also going to be continuing to work on what I was given at my lesson last week, which is turning into my right thigh on the backswing, starting my downswing with my left hip, and keeping my arms relaxed to allow the natural release. All of those things I can do inside or in the garage, and then I'll take 'em to the range later this week.

What do you have on tap?

What did you get for new irons??

I'm going to get to the range once, play (hopefully) early Saturday and hit the gym at least twice. I'm also in full ponder mode on how to transition my bag to what I now know will suit me best.

I did my preseason wood testing this weekend. Beat buckets of balls with my woods with mix and match heads and shafts. I'll be gaming the Srixon stuff this year. All season. Z525 driver, z725 3 wood, z525 5 wood. The 5 was a surprise as I gamed the 725 at the end of last year and the 525 was a random eBay purchase in the late fall.

I did my preseason wood testing this weekend. Beat buckets of balls with my woods with mix and match heads and shafts. I'll be gaming the Srixon stuff this year. All season. Z525 driver, z725 3 wood, z525 5 wood. The 5 was a surprise as I gamed the 725 at the end of last year and the 525 was a random eBay purchase in the late fall.

The 5/725 woods are so good - I like them more than I did the 545s - especially that driver when I hit it at Gardner that time. I keep wanting the F45 4W to work for me, but the V series are just that much better for me. Irons are going to be either the G's or the 545s for me, but likely that my "competition" bag is going to be the PINGs.

The 5/725 woods are so good - I like them more than I did the 545s - especially that driver when I hit it at Gardner that time. I keep wanting the F45 4W to work for me, but the V series are just that much better for me. Irons are going to be either the G's or the 545s for me, but likely that my "competition" bag is going to be the PINGs.

Yup. Just an awesome line of woods. Too bad they were a JDM only release. Dude, I love me some PING. Super big PING homer here before THP opened my eyes to other brands. Still love their stuff. I'll game another full set from them at some point.

Going to a dome later this morning, going to work on takeaway and rythm . wanna get a more vertical takeaway and follow through

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Home course opens tomorrow! Won't be able to play but will try to get to the range after work if it doesn't rain.

Hope to have my bag set within the next 4 weeks, anyone else pondering some changes as this season gets underway and prep continues?

Hope to have my bag set within the next 4 weeks, anyone else pondering some changes as this season gets underway and prep continues?

Bag is pretty much set but the putter may be the only change

Bag is pretty much set but the putter may be the only change

What are you thinking for putter?

My bag is set for the second straight year. Only change will be putter (Cure event).

Not even sure. White Hot RX, Cure not even sure Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putter pondering is fun, good luck.

My bag is set for the second straight year. Only change will be putter (Cure event).

I hope to be in that as well, curious to check out the CX2.

Just added TFi 1.0 putter...unless I hit the lottery my bag is set.

I can honestly say I have no clue what my bag will look like for this event. Could be a bunch of #TheGrandaddy gear, or it come be a mix with some equipment that is being tested. I know my golf ball and that's the RX.

I can honestly say I have no clue what my bag will look like for this event. Could be a bunch of #TheGrandaddy gear, or it come be a mix with some equipment that is being tested. I know my golf ball and that's the RX.

Just picked up a dozen of those, excited to try them out! #Grandaddy gear??

My bag is set, may toy around with the putter but most likely the VLine will be firmly planted in the bag for this one.

Getting new irons when I go for a fitting in 2 weeks. Will also look into new drivers. My #HandCraftedExperience custom shaft will be in whatever driver I play but it may not be the BB 815. I may look into some putters but not sure. I've been rolling the same putter for years but may look into a Cure or the new Cleveland putters.

Range session today, Why do I play this game?

It's early in the season boys....

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Back